New sup wants me to "build to the top"...

Nah
Technically you’re incorrect. Have to work with your power zone. Above shoulders is out of power zone. It’s why some drivers will flip out if somebody outs a 50+ pound package on the top shelf.

If what you're saying is true, then they should flip out if there are ANY packages on the top shelf. It's not in the power zone.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
If that were me, I'd be out there 14 hrs everyday and once they asked me what the :censored2: is going on, I'd point to that pathetic supervisor. HE MADE ME DO IT!!!!

Waldo

Just do what I do. I load to the top, but make 6 foot wide walls. I ain’t putting 100+ lb bags on the top. It goes in the wall. I can load 1,300 pkgs/hr easily using this method.

dudebro

Technically you’re incorrect. Have to work with your power zone. Above shoulders is out of power zone. It’s why some drivers will flip out if somebody outs a 50+ pound package on the top shelf.
Did anyone consider that the method is to save large LIGHT packages for the top of the wall? With everyone ordering toilet paper online there are plenty of them.

Fewer trips up and down the load stand. Wall to ceiling. Higher PPH with LESS effort.

polyp

Did anyone consider that the method is to save large LIGHT packages for the top of the wall? With everyone ordering toilet paper online there are plenty of them.

Fewer trips up and down the load stand. Wall to ceiling. Higher PPH with LESS effort.

Save? If you select from the next 3-4 packages on the extendo you can build up a whopping collection of 3 large lights for the top. Not enough to fill a wall top.

I ain't gonna be able to stack down enough large lights to make a difference before I run into egress issues. They are after all... Large. What limited space there is on the floor is used up by the load stand, irregs, and the bags that I am also supposed to be containing in the top half.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Just do what I do. I load to the top, but make 6 foot wide walls. I ain’t putting 100+ lb bags on the top. It goes in the wall. I can load 1,300 pkgs/hr easily using this method.
I have 2 issues with this statement.
1. I have come across one bag in my 10 years in outbound that I had a hard time picking up and it wasn’t anywhere near 100 pounds. If you are consistently getting “100+ lb” bags, that needs to be addressed.
2. 1,300 PPH? You really think anyone is buying this?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
1. I have come across one bag in my 10 years in outbound that I had a hard time picking up and it wasn’t anywhere near 100 pounds. If you are consistently getting “100+ lb” bags, that needs to be addressed.
Yeah :censored2: all that... even though @Yeet would be the only one able to afford it! How's feeders my guy
And you were a loader before? I've always been curious about the path that I (rarely) hear people take from inside PT to Feeder training

What'dyabringmetoday???

To the roof is out of your power zone, even if you do have a load stand. If, and I say "IF", you're tall enough to stand on a load stand and your head hit the roof of the trailer, you still cannot load that high and stay in your power zone. They are always on the methods. Follow them SAFELY.

In the past I have sooo wanted to tell a sup that my head and shoulders wouldn't fit up my ass far enough to make it possible.....like some people I know.
Yup- their safety tips constantly contradict one another. Thank goodness we have such great representation.

Yeet

Yeah :censored2: all that... even though @Yeet would be the only one able to afford it! How's feeders my guy
And you were a loader before? I've always been curious about the path that I (rarely) hear people take from inside PT to Feeder training
Damn near impossible to go PT to feeder. I got really lucky that they expanded my hub 1/3 of its original capacity and they needed (need) drivers very badly. But yeah, loader - pickoff - shifter - feeder.

DonaruTarampu

“Top Loader” lmao aka top arse kisser
tenor.gif

Needle Ran

So I'm doing it his way now, went from the 340 range to barely at 250. If a trailer has high volume, you can forget about it. When I got hired, they made sups prove that they could build walls before they got promoted or hired. I wonder is that still the case...

Either way, if he starts belly aching about speed, I'm saying :censored2: it and going back to the old way. I just feel bad for the new hires.

Waldo

It is true that in my hub almost every bag is super heavy. Small sorts doesn’t give a crap. They constantly fill up the bags with 20lb + items. Some bags are even filled with rogue fitness stuff... I kid you not. Light bags are quite rare. Also I do have the heaviest flowing truck in my outbound. I fill up 3 1/2-4 trucks in a 6 hour shift. So yes I load approximately 1,300 packages an hour.

Yeet

It is true that in my hub almost every bag is super heavy. Small sorts doesn’t give a crap. They constantly fill up the bags with 20lb + items. Some bags are even filled with rogue fitness stuff... I kid you not. Light bags are quite rare. Also I do have the heaviest flowing truck in my outbound. I fill up 3 1/2-4 trucks in a 6 hour shift. So yes I load approximately 1,300 packages an hour.
So you’re saying you have somewhere in the ballpark of 7-8,000 scans every single day? I don’t know you, I don’t know your operation, so I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt here but I gotta say I highly doubt it. If you are telling the truth, that is absolutely insane. Most I ever had was 4,500 and that was during one of the heaviest peaks we had and I was in beast mode. This was also over 10 years ago.