New sup wants me to "build to the top"...

Waldo

So you’re saying you have somewhere in the ballpark of 7-8,000 scans every single day? I don’t know you, I don’t know your operation, so I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt here but I gotta say I highly doubt it. If you are telling the truth, that is absolutely insane. Most I ever had was 4,500 and that was during one of the heaviest peaks we had and I was in beast mode. This was also over 10 years ago.

I can load 7-8,000 packages in a shift. We don’t scan anything in my outbound. Supposed to scan the hazmats, but nobody even scans those.

Needle Ran

I have come up with a new anti-supervisor tactic I will share with you that will help you for the rest of career. When a supervisor speaks or asks a question just give them a blank stare and say nothing...if they keep asking just say nothing , you have the right to remain silent. Works good when your yanked in the office too..
Union guys usually just say "this is beyond my capabilities" and the sups have to leave them alone. It's a dirty trick but it works.
I'm guessing you load trailers?

Its always been that way just never really enforced. Thats why you're given a load stand.
The load stand doesn't make perfect walls with 350+ speed. It's always going to get slow near the top and I don't like to put heavy crap above the middle point unless I have to.

There's a guy on our dock that builds perfect walls "to the top" but he nibbles the :censored2: out of them. Would be shocked if he hits 200 per hour but I assume he picks it up during crunch time.
Nice Nidoran pic
lol thanks.

I can load 7-8,000 packages in a shift. We don’t scan anything in my outbound. Supposed to scan the hazmats, but nobody even scans those.
Yeah my outbound hasn't scanned packages since I got here. I think they should at least train new hires on scanning first but I guess they like to "salt" them until they can fire them or they quit.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
My preload is close to slow now and it's caused by the refusal to pick up too much small crap off the floor and stack too much stuff outside, protecting my hip joints when pivoting my turns and a rake. You learn you will never make it through 30 years here without getting most everything lifted off at waist height or dragged around. and smh 170 pph is actually still good vs a new hire and MOST of the time loss is down to true safe handling of irregs and the scanner and the PAS system (especially handwriting).

It only sucks because I still have to qualify at some point, which means playing some game where I have to pretend to be grateful about risking stress and fatigue on my body for some 30 days to "earn it" according to their edgelord numbers that only get met in the most perfect circumstances or by chancing your back and knees. Maybe last year I could be naive enough but I've seen what happens to my body after the dust settles.

Est.1998

I have come up with a new anti-supervisor tactic I will share with you that will help you for the rest of career. When a supervisor speaks or asks a question just give them a blank stare and say nothing...if they keep asking just say nothing , you have the right to remain silent. Works good when your yanked in the office too..
🧔🏾✊🏾

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My preload is close to slow now and it's caused by the refusal to pick up too much small crap off the floor and stack too much stuff outside, protecting my hip joints when pivoting my turns and a rake. You learn you will never make it through 30 years here without getting most everything lifted off at waist height or dragged around. and smh 170 pph is actually still good vs a new hire and MOST of the time loss is down to true safe handling of irregs and the scanner and the PAS system (especially handwriting).

It only sucks because I still have to qualify at some point, which means playing some game where I have to pretend to be grateful about risking stress and fatigue on my body for some 30 days to "earn it" according to their edgelord numbers that only get met in the most perfect circumstances or by chancing your back and knees. Maybe last year I could be naive enough but I've seen what happens to my body after the dust settles.

don’t forget to get a sales lead

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
So I'm doing it his way now, went from the 340 range to barely at 250. If a trailer has high volume, you can forget about it. When I got hired, they made sups prove that they could build walls before they got promoted or hired. I wonder is that still the case...

Either way, if he starts belly aching about speed, I'm saying :censored2: it and going back to the old way. I just feel bad for the new hires.

Twilight and Night sort load 12 pups with about a foot of air on top = me being called in to run the 13th pup with almost no volume on it and bringing an empty back. Thanks for the easy $!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I gotta build to the top / brick it out daily in a box truck...
sketch-1599132931259.png

Thank goodness I can set-up in stop order. Do they do something similar for the seasonal drivers with rentals?

sketch-1599132867805.png

dudebro

Twilight and Night sort load 12 pups with about a foot of air on top = me being called in to run the 13th pup with almost no volume on it and bringing an empty back. Thanks for the easy $!
This is exactly why load density is more important. Not having it costs a heck of a lot of money.
I'm surprised Teamsters don't tell loaders the same thing they tell drivers. Follow the company's methods and do the best you can.

Needle Ran

Well I finally learned how to build proper walls doing the "lock in" method with no help of sups.

Ask them, and they regurgitate the same "left to right" BS from training.

I was having issues since I was hired on as an unloader and put on the load side due to speed, but this slowed me down until I figured it. My full timer even said ignore it to get to my regular speed, but I was determined.

Glad I made this thread.

Maybe UPS will one day figure out how to actually train loaders.

Mdet

Well I finally learned how to build proper walls doing the "lock in" method with no help of sups.

Ask them, and they regurgitate the same "left to right" BS from training.

I was having issues since I was hired on as an unloader and put on the load side due to speed, but this slowed me down until I figured it. My full timer even said ignore it to get to my regular speed, but I was determined.

Glad I made this thread.

Maybe UPS will one day figure out how to actually train loaders.
Hey if u are new loading u trucks take the sheets with u and I always tell new loaders take it home and u will learn that way. Sups are there to watch and that’s all they do.