Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
A cool photo I found today of an Iowa-class battleship firing off its 16-inch rifles. You can see the shock wave on the water from the air pressure difference. Most crew members had to clear the deck or stand in certain places to keep from being hurt or even killed by the blast. Contrary to what some people think, the ship didn't move sideways at all. I've climbed through a couple of battleships and have been inside these turrets, the analog engineering is amazing.

battleship16%22shockwave.jpeg

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
A cool photo I found today of an Iowa-class battleship firing off its 16-inch rifles. You can see the shock wave on the water from the air pressure difference. Most crew members had to clear the deck or stand in certain places to keep from being hurt or even killed by the blast. Contrary to what some people think, the ship didn't move sideways at all. I've climbed through a couple of battleships and have been inside these turrets, the analog engineering is amazing.

View attachment 390354
I went to the battleship Massachusetts many times. Even got to sleep over on it with my son when he was in the Cub Scouts. Very cool, standing on one of the small gun decks at night. Awesome stuff. I’m a big WW2 buff.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was an Assistant Scoutmaster with my two Eagle Scout sons and we spent the night on the USS Alabama and the USS Lexington in Charleston Harbor. Those were cool field trips.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

oldngray

nowhere special
THANKS CAROL
Go Woke

Go Broke

oldngray

nowhere special
I don’t think so. I heard about the army getting involved yesterday. I also heard that the army is going with a new rifle chambered in 6.8
I don't see them switching to a 6.8 anytime soon because of the cost. Maybe as a secondary rifle they might gradually ease it in.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I don't see them switching to a 6.8 anytime soon because of the cost. Maybe as a secondary rifle they might gradually ease it in.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
THANKS CAROL
“Please note that any package found in the UPS system determined to have been tendered by GHOST FIREARMS may be seized and destroyed,” the letter states.

Hope they sue the :censored2: out of them.