Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
1661703373869.png

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Anyone know much about lever action marlin rifles? I have 2. A 357 and a 44mag. Both are mid 80's and in pristine condition. I recently spoke with someone who said the value of these lever actions have really increased. True?

oldngray

nowhere special
Anyone know much about lever action marlin rifles? I have 2. A 357 and a 44mag. Both are mid 80's and in pristine condition. I recently spoke with someone who said the value of these lever actions have really increased. True?
I have a Marlin 1894 in .357 but have no idea how much the value has increased. Nice little rifle but I never did shoot it much.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Check out gunbroker to see what they’re going for. Don’t go by what they’re selling for in your area only. Neither of those calibers is ideal for deer hunting, but the .44 would be a decent hog rifle.

oldngray

nowhere special
Check out gunbroker to see what they’re going for. Don’t go by what they’re selling for in your area only. Neither of those calibers is ideal for deer hunting, but the .44 would be a decent hog rifle.
.357 is the minimum pistol caliber allowed for deer here. Good enough most of the time but I agree .44 would be a better choice.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I have a Marlin 1894 in .357 but have no idea how much the value has increased. Nice little rifle but I never did shoot it much.
I don't shoot much at all but I enjoy owning my collection. The values are going up slightly each year. I don't hate that.
I did this. The "sold for" prices are way more than I paid which is good. For some reason people, in my area, are very much in love with lever action rifles. The local pawn shop has a ton of rifles on display and only one is lever action. Even my ".22 Henry Golden Boy" has become much more valuable than I paid.
.357 is the minimum pistol caliber allowed for deer here. Good enough most of the time but I agree .44 would be a better choice.
Interesting how minimum calibers are different from one area to another. In my area you can use a 223. Then again the deer here are much smaller than the colder climate states.
Ida know, but I want one. Especially the 357
They are nice IMO. I didn't need to do much to the 357 but I had to do a lot of work on the 44mag to get it to cycle as rapidly as possible. Even a few thousandths on the OAL would cause a slow feed prior to working the ramp etc.