Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

over9five

Staff member
I'm not a fan of those. Nor magazine disconnects.
I once had a 45, I think it was a Ruger. It had a key lock on it. Well, I had it locked when it was in my car. That night I went out carrying it. When I got home, I realized I never unlocked it. Carried it all night, wouldn't have been able to fire it.
Sold it immediately, that's one feature I'll never have again.

Johney

Pineapple King
Wouldn't be my first choice but probably not much else better in that price range. Mossbergs used to fill that gap but they have about doubled in price in recent years.
Here’s the problem, I had a nice Mossberg but when my son moved out he took it with him(it was his)so I wanted a cheap gun for the house.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Well I read all the reviews and I know the guy at the store and he said they’ve sold a ton and not one has come back with issues.
Most don’t even shoot the guns they buy. Trust me, I sold guns for awhile. You usually get what you pay for. What’s your life worth? That’s what I would ask my customers. Get a mossberg shockwave.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here’s the problem, I had a nice Mossberg but when my son moved out he took it with him(it was his)so I wanted a cheap gun for the house.
I have a couple of Mossberg 500's. One set up for hunting and the other as a home defense riot gun. I grew up shooting one of those and what I feel most comfortable with. I also have a 9200 which feels about the same and is an autoloader.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
As a home defense only weapon, it only needs to work once.

I think I would run a few rounds through it, clean it thoroughly (paying close attention to cleaning the chamber) , put it away, and hopefully never touch it again.
I gotta disagree on every count here. If it's actually for defending your life, it should work every time no matter what and be thoroughly trained with on a regular basis.

oldngray

nowhere special
I gotta disagree on every count here. If it's actually for defending your life, it should work every time no matter what and be thoroughly trained with on a regular basis.
Simple but 100% reliable. I don't want a bunch of fancy extras that could end up being negatives for home defense.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Simple but 100% reliable. I don't want a bunch of fancy extras that could end up being negatives for home defense.
I have a mossberg, a Remington and a benelli, I trust all three to get the job done every time, all the time. I don’t buy mongrel brands. But that’s me. If you can only afford a 150 dollar shotgun, so be it, but if you can afford better, then why not?

Mutineer

Most don’t even shoot the guns they buy.

Gun writers from all the gun magazines are notorious for lying by omission.

Although there is/was one exception called Gun Tests Magazine that didn't play that way. Not one bit.

It was surprising how many times a cheapie was more reliable than an Alpha brand.