Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Gun writers from all the gun magazines are notorious for lying by omission.

Although there is/was one exception called Gun Tests Magazine that didn't play that way. Not one bit.

It was surprising how many times a cheapie was more reliable than an Alpha brand.
I had several issues of gun test mag. I don’t believe any gun rags. Gun tests was the real deal

Johney

Pineapple King
Most don’t even shoot the guns they buy. Trust me, I sold guns for awhile. You usually get what you pay for. What’s your life worth? That’s what I would ask my customers. Get a mossberg shockwave.
Trust me I have enough guns if that doesn’t work, besides I assure you if I go out into the yard or whatever I will also have a sidearm with me.

Johney

Pineapple King
The cheap shotgun is if by chance they happen to make it in the house(which I doubt)I have more than enough long guns with every type of optic from night vision to red dot if they show up on my cctv and want to gamble their life on what I have that they want. Also Florida has great self defense laws.

oldngray

nowhere special
The cheap shotgun is if by chance they happen to make it in the house(which I doubt)I have more than enough long guns with every type of optic from night vision to red dot if they show up on my cctv and want to gamble their life on what I have that they want. Also Florida has great self defense laws.

Mutineer

I gotta disagree on every count here. If it's actually for defending your life, it should work every time no matter what and be thoroughly trained with on a regular basis.
In a professional capacity, I can't disagree. How many bad people or large, dangerous animals have you proposed to shoot in self-defense?

The same way I've known people with bunches of Snap-On tools who don't know a water-pump from a wheel-cylinder.

Cheap or expensive, the gun and ammunition only needs to work on ONE occasion in the capacity of self-defense.

Alpha brands are not a guarantee of a positive outcome.

However, I would agree that if a person is killed because their cheapo gun failed to function, there would be room to heap criticism on that person's decision.

If an expensive, Alpha-brand weapon malfunctioned under the same circumstances all a critic could do is shrug his shoulders and say "he didn't die cuz of a cheapo gun".

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Just one more reason why I like my revolvers. No safeties or any of that nonsense.

20221113_201136.jpg