Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

bbsam

Staff member
Anyone have any experience wit Palmetto State Armory? Looking for a cheap AK that works. I’ve heard mixed reviews on them.

Mutineer

Anyone have any experience wit Palmetto State Armory? Looking for a cheap AK that works. I’ve heard mixed reviews on them.

Anything built by former or current communist countries is always a gamble.

From China, there is Norinco. I have fired some Norinco made guns that were absolute gems, some that needed some minor gunsmithing and turned out great afterwards, and others that were just plain turds.

Better luck is had with Russian, former satellite nations and Eastern Europe. Polish made stuff is excellent.

Do NOT ever buy any type of gun made in Egypt! They're great at building pyramids, but they suck at everything else.

Sooo many cheap-o Ak's were made by sooo many nations with wildly varying quality control standards.

bbsam

Staff member
1671302732856.jpg

Ordered one of these. Not sure why but the XD rarely gets used anymore so maybe it will in this format.

oldngray

nowhere special
Eh I don’t really care for those sort of things. To me if you want a rifle… buy a rifle. I get what you want it for, just not my thing. I carry my XD .45 so while it doesn’t get much use it has a purpose.
Pistol caliber carbines are OK but if I got one it would be one designed as a carbine instead of a pistol add on

Johney

Pineapple King
Pistol caliber carbines are OK but if I got one it would be one designed as a carbine instead of a pistol add on
I agree. I have two AR’s an AK and a mini 14. No need for one of those. Don’t need that pistol/rifle gimmick here.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
I agree. I have two AR’s an AK and a mini 14. No need for one of those here. Don’t need that pistol/rifle gimmick here.
I have a Ruger .44 carbine that is fun to shoot and enough power to justify the slightly longer barrel. Still limited to much shorter ranges than a true rifle caliber.

Also due to recent changes in hunting rules here pistol carbines are legal for deer while rifles using bottleneck cases are not.

Last edited:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I have a Ruger .44 carbine that is fun to shoot and enough power to justify the slightly longer barrel. Still limited to much shorter ranges than a true rifle caliber.

Also due to recent changes in hunting rules here pistol carbines are legal for deer while rifles using bottleneck cases are not.
I've had some deer encounters that I could have handled with a club.

Mutineer

Almost every <40 yo, self-professed gun expert/enthusiast upon sight of any gun with a wooden stock, or that is NOT an AR variant or Glock:

"What the hell is that?"