Official Hours Slaved to UPS Thread

Dear Diary

UPS PC Slave
Too many carried out threats had been dismissed as sarcasm or jokes in the past. There’s nothing in the first quote or the wider conversational context that indicated you weren’t being serious.

Up your comedy game if saying that kind of sick stuff tickles your pickle so we know to play along.

Calling UPS dear leader, calling work slavery... must be serious business going on here

barnyard

KTM rider
I was paid for 2400 hours. I am fine with that. The unpaid lunches are what are irritating. I would rather go home earlier than sit around, unpaid. That is the real slave time.

textat3

2640...about a 10% increase from last year. I try to beat every year. I am here to make $$$. I like about a 6k bump every year, which is a 3k bump after inflation. I will beat my goal for next year. I promise you that. I want to start January strong at 10k...that is my goal.

35years

Gravy route
I was paid for 2400 hours. I am fine with that. The unpaid lunches are what are irritating. I would rather go home earlier than sit around, unpaid. That is the real slave time.
Go back to package.
No required unpaid lunch, but feeders have to take it.

When they brag about getting a few more cents per hour than package, I remind them I get paid for every minute, unlike feeders. I am at work 9 hours, I am paid for 9 hours, feeder is paid 8 hrs and 20 minutes.

40 minutes of OT pay a day...equals 1 hour of strait time pay every day. My time is money.

Then they brag how much easier feeders is...I remind them on my gravy route I move a total of 110 boxes a day...90 % under 10 lbs.

And I get 8 hr requests, dead days whenever I want, no night shifts, no smelly co-pilot, no weekend work, and I get all the vacation weeks I choose.

Switch to feeders...not.

Last edited:

barnyard

KTM rider
Go back to package.
I have a bid route and only cover feeder runs at peak and during vacations. In package, we are required to take our 20 minutes of paid break and 10 minutes of unpaid. In feeders, if there is 60 minutes scheduled for break and meal, I take it. If not, I take my 20 minutes of break and 11-20 minutes of meal and am done with it.

35years

Gravy route
I have a bid route and only cover feeder runs at peak and during vacations. In package, we are required to take our 20 minutes of paid break and 10 minutes of unpaid. In feeders, if there is 60 minutes scheduled for break and meal, I take it. If not, I take my 20 minutes of break and 11-20 minutes of meal and am done with it.
We called their bluff on that 10 minutes "required" unpaid in package here. Just don't take it. They may complain. Wait for the warning letter (that will never happen) to start taking it again.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
My contribution to dear leader this year was 2261 hours worked. How many hours of your life did you sacrifice to UPS this year?
A little over 3,000, made almost 130
Enjoyed the extra $$$ but not something I would want to do every year
Should be a good tax refund as well because I did not take Dave's Advice and adjust my W4

Last edited: