Old cars rotting away on your route?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Been watching Counting Cars with Danny Coker. I'm not a "car person" but it turns out the cars he likes are the ones I learned to drive on.
It's hard to turn the channel.......with Danny, Horny Mike and Kevin.

My kid knows Danny from Vamps.

rod

Retired 23 years
Been watching Counting Cars with Danny Coker. I'm not a "car person" but it turns out the cars he likes are the ones I learned to drive on.

All these car, antique, junk, pawn buying type shows amaze me. They all go something like this:

seller: I want $10,000 for it
buyer: I will give you $1,500
seller: I guess I could take $5,000 for it
buyer: I will give you $1,600
seller: ok
buyer after the seller has left: I should be able to get $20,000 for it.

It all seems so fake to me. I can see negotiating a little but some of these deals can't be real or if they are the person is selling stolen property. I also would like to strangle some of these idiots who are selling something that has "been in there family for generations" and they want to sell it because they need some more gambling money or drug money.

All these car, antique, junk, pawn buying type shows amaze me. They all go something like this:

You forgot the part where they do some of the most half assed work on them ever seen and think its gold.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You forgot the part where they do some of the most half assed work on them ever seen and think its gold.

It's not a flipping show, but they do quality work on Graveyard Cars. All Mopars. Crappy work sometimes on Wheeler Dealers. They totally skip by stuff I spot quite easily.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It all seems so fake to me. I can see negotiating a little but some of these deals can't be real or if they are the person is selling stolen property. I also would like to strangle some of these idiots who are selling something that has "been in there family for generations" and they want to sell it because they need some more gambling money or drug money.

I'd rather them sell it and see it go to someone who wants it than continue to rot like all the cars on this thread.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

I agree. Some crazy deals. Can't be real. I think most of these people make most of their money, being paid todo their shows.
I know that American Pickers is totally set up. They have people set it all up, prep the people on the show, then truck in their van.

rod

Retired 23 years
I agree. Some crazy deals. Can't be real. I think most of these people make most of their money, being paid todo their shows.
I know that American Pickers is totally set up. They have people set it all up, prep the people on the show, then truck in their van.

I read where even Chumlee on Pawn Stars makes $35,000 an episode. I know I could handle his job acting like the village idiot.

Go ahead and say it Hoax------

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is a GMC "5100" flatbed which probably makes it at least a one-ton. Im guessing it's from the mid-50's. The front grille kinda looks like the front of an old P-400 package car that I drove a few times back in the late 80's.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This old Buick died and got left out in what was a field at the time; 40 or 50 years later an entire forest has grown up around it.

Brownslave688

Been a pretty Good Friday so far and it's only lunch time!!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392866.322799.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392866.322799.jpg

Brownslave688

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392909.840570.jpg

Been sitting outside at least 3 years with the rear end laying on the ground. This thing had at least a modest restoration done recently. The tires still have stickers on them and the paint that doesn't get direct sun looks brand new. It's a shame.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392909.840570.jpg

Brownslave688

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366406812.717517.jpg

This thing was begging me to take it home and turn it into a badass rat rod!!!!

Anyone know what it is?

Says custom one I think on the side.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366406812.717517.jpg