ORION

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
After carefully reading your post I have a question. What does PDS stand for? Yes, you can alter only parts of the solution and it will impact the rest of it, sometimes drastically. Your second statement is dead on. Change a few time elements in it and it now creates a listing that can have you scratching your head. Somehow after a few changes I've asked for have made the solution separate my commercial savers to be sprinkled in Orion by time, not with the the same address for ground. Absolutely have these changes made on the clock.,and if you want to make a lot of cash go ahead and fix your Orion solution.

So, if I want to make a lot of cash, I should fix my ORION?

I'll venture a guess you're being facetious, which tells me loads about your morals and intent.

Last edited:

By The Book

So if I want to make a lot of cash, I should fix my ORION?

I'll venture a guess you're being facetious, which tells me loads about your morals and intent.
Yes, that big word you said but not inappropriately in any way. But literally you could make a lot of cash if you did fix your Orion. You'd be in the offices for a lot of other work. I think if you met me we would see things pretty much the same. Me being facetious doesn't say anything about my morals or my intent. It's just me detoxing from the long hours.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Yes, that big word you said but not inappropriately in any way. But literally you could make a lot of cash if you did fix your Orion. You'd be in the offices for a lot of other work. I think if you met me we would see things pretty much the same. Me being facetious doesn't say anything about my morals or my intent. It's just me detoxing from the long hours.

Yea... No.

Mr.Golden

This is actually just an underhanded sneaky way of doing things.

What they do most of the time, is have a board with the other driver punched in with the same work on it. Basically a cloned board.

Then when you deilver, it credits to the driver on the route, it just shows that he's working "harder." They keep you punched in as working in the building, so it doesn't show you're delivering packages.

A way for them to falsify their own reports to show less paid hours or some crap like that.

When I check the report next day it shows me being on two rts. Example It will say red+blue rt, Orion miles 0 and Orion trace 0%. Could it be they are trying to avoid the "dttp"? Maybe it's worser than zero?

By The Book

When I check the report next day it shows me being on two rts. Example It will say red+blue rt, Orion miles 0 and Orion trace 0%. Could it be they are trying to avoid the "dttp"? Maybe it's worser than zero?
If you put the same driver ID in both diads it will cause a problem. The guys with early work were told to either put a bogus 6 digit number for the first diad, or to do a car 1, car 2 in the second or main board. If you do early work you will still need the first diad to deliver from. Both ways will link the total miles driven for the day, and group the pieces. I prefer using a bogus number and not doing all the trip stuff. Your night OMS will have a dummy time card for your first run, and after you punch out your second diad it will link both for the report.

box_beeyotch

If you put the same driver ID in both diads it will cause a problem. The guys with early work were told to either put a bogus 6 digit number for the first diad, or to do a car 1, car 2 in the second or main board. If you do early work you will still need the first diad to deliver from. Both ways will link the total miles driven for the day, and group the pieces. I prefer using a bogus number and not doing all the trip stuff. Your night OMS will have a dummy time card for your first run, and after you punch out your second diad it will link both for the report.

The only word that comes to my mind is STUPID.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was told a while back not to sheet it as missed until it is definitely known that the package won't be delivered. Apparently if you scan a package as missed and it ends up being delivered later it still shows up as missed on some damn report. Voided or not.

We were told the same thing; to scan it and send the misload message in to the office, but to avoid recording it as "missed" until the office could figure out what they were going to do about it.

Problem was, we would never hear anything back from the office. We had a few people who would then make the honest mistake of forgetting about the package after a few hours, so they would wind up bringing it back to the building without ever actually recording it at all. Rather than accept responsibility for failing to instruct the drivers what to do with the misloads, management would simply hand out warning letters for "failing to record every package" or "failure to follow methods." So now, rather than risk forgetting about the misload I just messaged in, I immediately record it as "missed" in order to put the problem back on them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How often have you been asked to void the missed and instead drop it off to be picked up and either delivered or shuttled to the right driver to then be delivered?

soberups

How often have you been asked to void the missed and instead drop it off to be picked up and either delivered or shuttled to the right driver to then be delivered?
Quite often, and I comply when told to do so. But then if the package never winds up getting delivered, there is still a record of me scanning it, recording it as "missed" and then subsequently voiding the stop.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Quite often, and I comply when told to do so. But then if the package never winds up getting delivered, there is still a record of me scanning it, recording it as "missed" and then subsequently voiding the stop.

I may be wrong but I believe once you void the package all previous scans are deleted.

tracker2762

I have been told several times not to even record a misload. I received a message stating that it's has already been put into the system. Found out later they future the missed.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Or, you can just turn ORION off and go out there and get the route done as efficiently and safely as possible without worrying about the miles or the compliance percentage. The next day, you will get to stand there and make $50 an hour on OT listening to your supervisor bitch and whine about a number.

Your alternative....is to make the job even harder for yourself by adding ORION compliance to the list of things you have to worry about. You will fight the load, search for packages, make an excessive number of left turns, drive past stops, and wind up taking a lot longer to get the job done. The next day, you will stand there and make $50 an hour on OT listening to your supervisor bitch and whine about a different number.

The bitching and whining about numbers will be always be a given in the equation. The only variable...is how hard you choose to make the job.
I couldn't agree with you more. The management whining about numbers will never stop. I do really wish they would make sure something really works before implementing it, but I guess that makes too much scence!

ArcherUTR

We are instructed to send it in over the board and to immediately sheet it up as missed.

I'm pretty sure we've had DIAD training on it.

soberups

ORION is not the problem.

Forced stupidity in order to generate an arbitrary compliance metric is the problem.

ORION is a tool. Depending on the task to be performed, it could be an ideal tool or it could be a useless tool.

UPS could make ORION a better tool if it wanted to. But it doesn't. It only cares that the tool get used a certain percentage of the time.

Its sort of like being given a hammer to use on a wood working project that relies on screws as fasteners. A smart person would want to use a screwdriver so that the completed item would be properly assembled. UPS just wants us to pound all the screws in with a hammer so that it can justify the purchase of that hammer by claiming that we used it 85% of the time. The fact that the completed item looks beat to :censored2: and is probably going to fall apart doesn't matter.