ORION

By The Book

Orion has me do illegal turns, illegal uturns at intersections, left turns onto mediums and 7 point turns in residential areas. None of these things I actually perform but where is the union on this? Better yet where is the dot on this? Us drivers needs a viral video or photos to show the public so changes with orion will be forced.
Do the job to the best of your ability, and when your supervisor comes on car for your annual ride, he can fix it then.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Been there. Maybe 5th time will be a charm
Do not hold your breath. The nice thing about late air, and diad failure, neither I used to like, now I love. They shut orion off, or in case of diad failure, just do it anyway you can and get done. 30 stops on paper tonight, which I had to put in a board when I got in....10.5 hours, no more over 9.5 for me this week!!:P

FilingBluesFL

So I ended up in the office today, mostly due to a clarification for an issue from yesterday, but of course at the end, the Steward asks, "Are we done here?" "Oh, well lets talk about his performance..." and brought up how many hours I was "over" and then complained about how I was below the 85% Orion trace.

Of course I made sure to point out that I was in the office for more than 30 minutes yesterday, and of course, that had NOTHING to do with me being an hour behind by the time I go to the delivery area. How am I supposed to follow Orion when it hasn't taken in to account me having to sit here and listen to you blab on for half an hour? Now the window I have available to deliver has been reduced by almost an hour. I had to deliver NDA's for an area not even remotely close to the route I was doing on the way, too...

Idiots. They're all idiots.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So I ended up in the office today, mostly due to a clarification for an issue from yesterday, but of course at the end, the Steward asks, "Are we done here?" "Oh, well lets talk about his performance..." and brought up how many hours I was "over" and then complained about how I was below the 85% Orion trace.

Of course I made sure to point out that I was in the office for more than 30 minutes yesterday, and of course, that had NOTHING to do with me being an hour behind by the time I go to the delivery area. How am I supposed to follow Orion when it hasn't taken in to account me having to sit here and listen to you blab on for half an hour? Now the window I have available to deliver has been reduced by almost an hour. I had to deliver NDA's for an area not even remotely close to the route I was doing on the way, too...

I feel your pain. It too will pass. I know it doesnt seem like it now. I finally took some sage advice, and I no longer give a flip. Life is much better when you give up hope on this monstrosity. ( Be careful on here tho or you will be called a whiner, and a drama king/queen) When in actuality you just need support. I got your back.

wayfair

swollen member
Do not hold your breath. The nice thing about late air, and diad failure, neither I used to like, now I love. They shut orion off, or in case of diad failure, just do it anyway you can and get done. 30 stops on paper tonight, which I had to put in a board when I got in....10.5 hours, no more over 9.5 for me this week!!:P

I hope you pulled the pals off

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My first ORION stop today was in the 8000 section, on the wrong side of a double-line highway, which I have to run across coming from behind the vehicle. There was also a stop four houses down, a giant piece of bulk, which I had to drive by ( first stop compliance) and work around all day long. :D Silly

FilingBluesFL

I feel your pain. It too will pass. I know it doesnt seem like it now. I finally took some sage advice, and I no longer give a flip. Life is much better when you give up hope on this monstrosity. ( Be careful on here tho or you will be called a whiner, and a drama king/queen) When in actuality you just need support. I got your back.

I'm not worried about it. We have an awesome steward in our building, and he won't let them even tip toe on us, let alone walk on us.

I work safe, follow the methods, and their contradictory "instructions" as best as I can without giving them anything solid to come after me for.

I hope I get to go in the office tomorrow. One of these garbage days, I'll find a fun chair on the route, and bring it in to the office, and have my name stenciled on the back of it lol

I'll just start bringing random furnishings in with me every time I go in to the office.

When they ask what I'm doing, I'll just tell them "If I'm going to spend so much time in here, I may as well make it a bit more comfortable for myself."

OPTION3

Good for you....don't let their problems become your problems.....they create the monsters....they can deal with them

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You were in the office 2 days in a row? Sounds as though you may be a problem child.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would have least pulled the whole delivery tag off, then had them sign that if needed
LOL, now theres a real money maker!! I had 2 lawnboys, gotta love a mower in a box. I had them sign the del notice for those, nothing else requiring signatures.

oldngray

nowhere special
Work-shenanigans-23.jpg

Boulevard859710

The route I was on today is almost impossible to follow with Orion.

There are customers that get on the blower if their stuff isn't delivered by 10-11am, because they use the goods they receive to manufacture and ship packages out later in the day. Orion had me going there at almost the time I would be there to do their daily pickup. Fail.

Dispatch put 3 different neighborhoods that were only HALF of the neighborhood. Orion routinely had me trying to deliver these partial neighborhoods between commercial area's on the route. No time for that before pickups, or businesses would be missed. Fail Again.

Orion wanted me to continue delivering businesses while doing daily pickups. One of those businesses sent out over 50 2 day air internationals which I barely had room for as it was. Fail Again.

This system seems to think that businesses that receive and then turn around the product and ship it the same day can do so in the span of scanning packages, and then getting a signature. Not possible.

If I followed Orion today, I'd have complaints out the ass, and I'd be in the office tomorrow for failing to make service on at least half the businesses on that route, and for having missed pickups.

Not to mention OCA's, that I had to do NDA's in a different town and didn't get to my area until almost 11am, and business misloads that need to be serviced....
Courtesy of people sitting in an Air conditioned office trying to justify their job. Those types of people are the ones that wasted money on this garbage.