ORION

ArcherUTR

Just deliver the 1st stop.
What if you cannot physically locate it. Many routes are going bricked out, complete junk routes built from splits, or filled with USPS sure post. What then?

So you are recommending having 15 NDA service failures while you offload your truck for 30 minutes trying to locate one stop?

Last edited:

tourists24

What if you cannot physically locate it. Many routes are going bricked out, complete junk routes built from splits, or filled with USPS sure post. What then?

So you are recommending having 15 NDA service failures while you offload your truck for 30 minutes trying to locate one stop?
As long as u inform them u will have late air u are covered. The first stop is their call

ArcherUTR

You sound as brilliant as management. Make service on your packages and take care of your customers. You will not lose a protest of a warning letter.

tourists24

You can always get to it physically. Even if it means unloading the entire middle of your truck
I hear ya Archer but if they are hell bent on that first stop it may come at a cost. My route has a huge post office stop on it and fills the middle of my car. My first stop is often on the 5000 or 6000 shelf. Their call

tourists24

You sound as brilliant as management. Make service on your packages and take care of your customers. You will not lose a protest of a warning letter.
That's a call you make. I stopped playing those games. I choose to make service til my hands are tied. Then I inform them of the issue and they can decide which they want

ArcherUTR

If you have stopped playing those games then surely you would break trace to make service on customer's packages. The rest of the day is filled with many opportunities to drive their edicts into the ground.

Actually maybe possibly ignore the second part.

tourists24

If you have stopped playing those games then surely you would break trace to make service on customer's packages. The rest of the day is filled with many opportunities to drive their edicts into the ground.

Actually maybe possibly ignore the second part.
Archer I run my route in the way that makes the most sense in order to make service on all my stops. That is rule 1. When mgt decides something else is more important then I inform them the cost of that decision. After that it is their decision. They are still the boss. I don't argue more than once anymore. I've been here way to long. In this case the first stop is the issue

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Is that going to be your defense for a failure to work as instructed warning letter?

I didn't do what you told me to do because it was stupid....

Good luck with that.
My defense will be that "I didn't follow your stupid instructions because they conflicted with other instructions that you have also given me. If you continue bombarding me with conflicting instructions under threat of discipline, I will file an Art 37 grievance for over-supervision and harassment."

OPTION3

Good tip for when this happens if you want to speed up the process, you can take a picture of the labels with your phone and scan them off your phone later.
Good way to get FIRED....scanning labels at different location than the delivery point....just work as instructed...simple

OPTION3

Archer I run my route in the way that makes the most sense in order to make service on all my stops. That is rule 1. When mgt decides something else is more important then I inform them the cost of that decision. After that it is their decision. They are still the boss. I don't argue more than once anymore. I've been here way to long. In this case the first stop is the issue
YOU.....my friend.....GET it....kudos!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yep tell management before you leave the building you Will have late air.

Brownslave688

There are some here that really have a hard time with management being the boss and following instructions.

Overpaid Union Thug

Sure you can. Please tell my why u can't
The package (s) are buried in the truck somewhere. It's silly to unload half the truck (or more) when you don't have to. That's why it's better to let the metric monkey supervisors know that that is the only option. Sometimes they fold in that situation.

Another example is when the first stop doesn't open for two more hours. Here they've been having us go anyway and sheet as closed and go back later. I haven't forgotten to go back yet but I'm human so it's inevitable.

Brownslave688

The package (s) are buried in the truck somewhere. It's silly to unload half the truck (or more) when you don't have to. That's why it's better to let the metric monkey supervisors know that that is the only option. Sometimes they fold in that situation.

Another example is when the first stop doesn't open for two more hours. Here they've been having us go anyway and sheet as closed and go back later. I haven't forgotten to go back yet but I'm human so it's inevitable.
So you could physically get to it. It'd just be a lot of work?

Overpaid Union Thug

So you could physically get to it. It'd just be a lot of work?
Allot of unnecessary work. Not to mention inefficient for the route. And not in the best interests of the company. I've unloaded a truck before to find NDAs. That's OK. But we shouldn't have to unload a truck to find a package for no other reason then to justify a faulty system's existence.

Brownslave688

Allot of unnecessary work. Not to mention inefficient for the route. And not in the best interests of the company. I've unloaded a truck before to find NDAs. That's OK. But we shouldn't have to unload a truck to find a package for no other reason then to justify a faulty system's existence.
We aren't in charge.

Go into management if you want to make decisions.