ORION

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Won't article 37 grievance work in this situation?

No. it will not work.

If your center manager tells you to deliver your first stop according to ORION, right or wrong, you have to deliver your first stop according to ORION, if possible. (Due to location of stop in the load.)

You do not have the option of saying no because it is not in the best interest of the company. You can ultimately be discharged after several occurrences and Article 37 will not help you.

Right or wrong, you have to work as instructed unless immoral, illegal or unsafe. UPS will win on this one.

soberups ORION is so screwed up they do not want him running it. If they just tell him to do his first stop according to ORION and he does not, we will see.

This is not a local thing. This is corporate.

If you want to fight this one, you are not fighting your local management. You are fighting corporate. And you will lose.

Overpaid Union Thug

You're making executive decisions are you not?
Did you actually read my post completely? If you did you would have seen that I am putting the ball in their court and not simply making my own decisions on this matter. I give them the options of choosing to let a driver remain idle for a rather long period of time and potentially cause NDA service failures or letting the driver skip the stop and let things run smoothly with out the fear of late NDAs. What's funny is that on my route the first stop should never change but ORION, for some reason, randomly reverses some of my first stops. By letting management know the situation I have usually been able to proceed the logical way instead of the ORION way.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
My defense will be that "I didn't follow your stupid instructions because they conflicted with other instructions that you have also given me. If you continue bombarding me with conflicting instructions under threat of discipline, I will file an Art 37 grievance for over-supervision and harassment."

I hear you sober. That has worked. But times are changing.

Who's to say that the way you do it is in the best interest of the company?

The company can say that running ORION stop for stop is in the best interest of the company. They probably won't work due to the possible missed packages at this time.

But for the company to mandate the first stop being delivered according to ORION, as long as you can get to it in your load, that does not contradict other instructions.

I get it. You probably have a strong local and a weak management team. And you are the .01% of the people willing to take on UPS.

If UPS wants to push this, you are now taking on corporate, not your local management. Good luck.

bobbybrown

No. it will not work.

If your center manager tells you to deliver your first stop according to ORION, right or wrong, you have to deliver your first stop according to ORION, if possible. (Due to location of stop in the load.)

You do not have the option of saying no because it is not in the best interest of the company. You can ultimately be discharged after several occurrences and Article 37 will not help you.

Right or wrong, you have to work as instructed unless immoral, illegal or unsafe. UPS will win on this one.

soberups ORION is so screwed up they do not want him running it. If they just tell him to do his first stop according to ORION and he does not, we will see.

This is not a local thing. This is corporate.

If you want to fight this one, you are not fighting your local management. You are fighting corporate. And you will lose.
sounds unsafe

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If UPS wants to push this, you are now taking on corporate, not your local management. Good luck.

Grievances are resolved at the local level, per the contract.

It wont get to that point, though. They arent going to make themselves look like fools at a grievance hearing. They will simply find a different driver to target.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Grievances are resolved at the local level, per the contract.

It wont get to that point, though. They arent going to make themselves look like fools at a grievance hearing. They will simply find a different driver to target.

Like I said, I get it sober. They will most likely let the 0.01% slide who will fight them on this.

They will target the 99.09% who won't have the guts to file. Or a weak union who will not take on UPS.

If they can get 99% compliance, they will leave you alone.

Ring Sport

There was a driver in my building and he was following it to a T, 100%. After the 3rd day and several miles over, and a good hour over every day, he was asked if he was trying to sabotage the system. Funny how they tell you to not try and out think the garbage, but want you to make "smart" decisions. "Smart", is turning the garbage off.

Overpaid Union Thug

There was a driver in my building and he was following it to a T, 100%. After the 3rd day and several miles over, and a good hour over every day, he was asked if he was trying to sabotage the system. Funny how they tell you to not try and out think the garbage, but want you to make "smart" decisions. "Smart", is turning the garbage off.
It's also funny how the people that do that (here anyway) still run hella miles over even though they are at 100%. LOL! Our ORION team told us they didn't want 100%. First they said 85%. Then 90%. Then only follow it if it makes sense. Then concentrate on going to the first stop. UGGHH!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It's also funny how the people that do that (here anyway) still run hella miles over even though they are at 100%. LOL! Our ORION team told us they didn't want 100%. First they said 85%. Then 90%. Then only follow it if it makes sense. Then concentrate on going to the first stop. UGGHH!
we were told if you run 100 you are pi**** off, and trying to make them look bad. Well it is bad, so........You want me to try to make you look good and you give me this sh**box. Today mine was Ok. And I was probably 2 hrs over and only 5 miles over. Just because you cut off 10 miles does not make your sporh go up. You are idling that time away making left turns. Reality involves traffic, point a to b does not. The last guy who ran my route, a favorite, of mgmt was 97% in trace 27 miles over, and 1.80 late.

Z

ZQXC

we were told if you run 100 you are pi**** off, and trying to make them look bad. Well it is bad, so........You want me to try to make you look good and you give me this sh**box. Today mine was Ok. And I was probably 2 hrs over and only 5 miles over. Just because you cut off 10 miles does not make your sporh go up. You are idling that time away making left turns. Reality involves traffic, point a to b does not. The last guy who ran my route, a favorite, of mgmt was 97% in trace 27 miles over, and 1.80 late.

you say you were 5 miles over / how many miles do you run on a normal day?

If I catch one bad stop, it can mean an extra 12 miles.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
you say you were 5 miles over / how many miles do you run on a normal day?

If I catch one bad stop, it can mean an extra 12 miles.
I usually run about 72, even when it says 52. I did 62 today. It called for 58. No schools closed, had a ton of bulk from the day before, for a chemical spill on area, that no one cared about, but why dont you reattempt? So it kept my area tight. Road is closed bozos. Now that was some nasty crap!! http://www.wfmj.com/story/28969465/chlorine-leak-closes-poland-avenue-and-himrod-expressway

Z

ZQXC

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It appears the people who avg more miles get a better allowance, I am the farthest south rt in my center, and I get the least. It a appears I have a funny truck which turns on a dime.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol sounds about right.

So you want me to do exactly what I have done every day I have worked here in the past? We needed to spend billions to tell me to keep doing my job?

MrBrown

What happens if you don't follow orion?
Ill let you know when it comes to my center, as I wont be using it. In my center the edd is :censored2:ed on a few routes I cover. Theres not one that doesnt need to be picked apart to do it efficiently. I cover a handful of routes. I run the route how it should be done. I dont speed, i dont run but im always paid under. I just want to empty my truck and go home. Im single with no kids i like to get out early when I can, cause we all know its rare. If I have the luxury to cover a route with 1 pickup that sends a handful of packages I want to get out by 4 if I can. Onion is not going to make me faster. Im not climbing over packages to try and dig for a package in the 5k. Cause theres a good chance its on the guys car in the next town over. Im done thinking about ups for the day. yall have a good night