Our Senior Manager said 3% raise for everyone October 1

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And Fred bribed a bunch of Congressmen, oops, excuse me, contributed to their campaigns, to keep the RLA designation in place. So the RLA isn't set in stone, that designation can be changed if Congress so chooses. But not if enough money is flowing their way.

What "designation"? Express has been covered by the RLA since the 70s.

MAKAVELI

Banned
...and Express is the airline, and the airline employees are covered by the RLA. Try harder.
That's the loophole. UPS drivers del air shipments the same manner as Express drivers. Even their feeder drivers, same as our RTD, are classified under NLRA. Sooner or later this loophole will be closed and Fred knows this.

59 Dano

That's the loophole. UPS drivers del air shipments the same manner as Express drivers. Even their feeder drivers, same as our RTD, are classified under NLRA. Sooner or later this loophole will be closed and Fred knows this.

There is no loophole. You don't know what you're talking about. UPS drivers don't work for an airline. The arguments have been through the court system and through the respective federal labor boards, up one side and down the other, and the result is always the same. The explanations are thorough and clear.

I don't know why you're stuck on a dumb "But we drive trucks like UPS" refrain.

59 Dano

Thx for proving my point. FedEx Express is the only delivery company designated an airline to keep its " truck drivers" under the RLA. It's a loophole, clear as day. Lol

Nope, no loophole. This was covered by the court system and the applicable labor boards. TTKU.

59 Dano

When you are the sole company that has this designation, it's a bought loophole.

LOL, I take it you missed the court/labor board rulings that applied to non-airline companies and why they should or shouldn't be covered by the RLA. TTKU, son.

MAKAVELI

Banned
LOL, I take it you missed the court/labor board rulings that applied to non-airline companies and why they should or shouldn't be covered by the RLA. TTKU, son.
When you are the "sole" delivery company that has this designation, it's a bought loophole. Ttku, son.

falcon back

And Fred bribed a bunch of Congressmen, oops, excuse me, contributed to their campaigns, to keep the RLA designation in place. So the RLA isn't set in stone, that designation can be changed if Congress so chooses. But not if enough money is flowing their way.
Did you study who Fred contributed money to while you were laying in your car trying to go to sleep one night?