Peak 2017

bacha29

Yep. They’ve been squeezing and squeezing those oranges all year and there just isn’t anything left. UPS will pay dearly in the court of public opinion for this Peak.
When you're a top wage employer you automatically have a more positive public opinion than a low wage employer especially when you look at the cobbled together,contracted and subcontracted, staffing agency temps and God only knows who's actually bringing the box Fedex Ground. UPS owns the town I live in. Why? It all comes down to pay benefits and employee work place rights. Anything less is just that...less.

NYCFXG

When you're a top wage employer you automatically have a more positive public opinion than a low wage employer especially when you look at the cobbled together,contracted and subcontracted, staffing agency temps and God only knows who's actually bringing the box Fedex Ground. UPS owns the town I live in. Why? It all comes down to pay benefits and employee work place rights. Anything less is just that...less.

99.9% of the US population doesn't have a clue what you are talking about. Nor do they care. They just want their boxes. That's it. They could not care less. You are fooling yourself if you think differently.

I still have friends that tell people I work for X (not entirely false). They can't comprehend the IC model and don't view UPS and X differently. When I try to explain it to people it's like trying to explain complex math equations. People just don't care.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not sure what that has to do with what I said, but okay. Lol.

It will be fine

Anyone seeing a sudden uptick in Amazon? Word is a certain delivery company that uses brown trucks really crapped their knickers this year.
Does Amazon deliver themselves on your area? I heard they are trying to get us to take their stuff in the places they use Brown, but not in the areas they deliver themselves.
We've been light for peak the last few days, heavy pickup volume but nothing special on the delivery side.

bbsam

Staff member
Does Amazon deliver themselves on your area? I heard they are trying to get us to take their stuff in the places they use Brown, but not in the areas they deliver themselves.
We've been light for peak the last few days, heavy pickup volume but nothing special on the delivery side.
Never seen an Amazon delivery around here. Will be interesting to see what happens. We're clean now but I could see being stupidly overwhelmed and peak drivers quitting left and right if the company wants to ramp up to maximum capacity.

NYCFXG

Never seen an Amazon delivery around here. Will be interesting to see what happens. We're clean now but I could see being stupidly overwhelmed and peak drivers quitting left and right if the company wants to ramp up to maximum capacity.

My last guy logged out 45 mins ago.. Just short of delivering Peak DST. This has been a record week for me again. I beat last week by almost 7%. I hope the volume lasts another two weeks. Guys aren't even complaining. They are all happy as clams making the extra money. Have 4 guys begging me for 7 days.

Merry Christmas!

It will be fine

Our senior said we weren't taking all the volume that Amazon wants to give us. I think it's setting up for UPS to look like the big failure this peak and we aren't going to help bail them out.

bacha29

99.9% of the US population doesn't have a clue what you are talking about. Nor do they care. They just want their boxes. That's it. They could not care less. You are fooling yourself if you think differently.

I still have friends that tell people I work for X (not entirely false). They can't comprehend the IC model and don't view UPS and X differently. When I try to explain it to people it's like trying to explain complex math equations. People just don't care.
For someone operating in one of the world's largest metropolitan areas you're probably right. At the same time however in the town where I live( population 6,500) people worship the ground they walk on simply due to the compensation package and this is not an isolated situation,at least not in my state where 70% of the population lives in towns of less than 5000 people.That's the trouble with you metro people. You all think the whole damn world is one great big city, a place where the power never goes off and you're tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface. Can't comprehend the IC model? Oh, they comprehended it alright . When Roadway came to town with this thing the first TM had to go around looking for people because word traveled fast that the offer was a distant second to what the average UPS driver got. One night a few months after we got going my fellow Day 1 and I pulled back into the barn at our usual time 10:30-11PM time line whereby he climbed out of his truck and summed it all up perfectly......." the word's out on it".

dvalleyjim

I wouldn't count on that. At our terminal I hear that we will be taking the excess Amazon. Ex is greedy. What do they care. Make the money. If ups is going to fail we might as well fail also. Who else are people going to use for their crap.

NYCFXG

I wouldn't count on that. At our terminal I hear that we will be taking the excess Amazon. Ex is greedy. What do they care. Make the money. If ups is going to fail we might as well fail also. Who else are people going to use for their crap.

They can use the USPS... Where they will get their packages days after they were supposedly delivered. Still boggles my mind how they are getting away with that at all.. How do the packs not get scanned when they return to the terminal? Just so risky playing with the chain of custody.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
AC5AC870-EE6B-4165-B8B9-37EE2806E280.jpeg
Good news is only one extra stop. Bad news is it’s a 9am appointment at the farthest (75 miles away) spot on your route.
When you have that delivered, return to base for your other 225 stops.