Peak 2017

STFXG

My new F59s have had weird problems as well. No-start randomly and spikes in temperature that go away with a restart. POS Fords.

It will be fine

My new F59s have had weird problems as well. No-start randomly and spikes in temperature that go away with a restart. POS Fords.
I heard the fords can blow a cylinder and the computer will reset itself to keep running without it. Drivers won't even mention it because they're idiots. Then you get to replace an engine. It's why I still stick to the diesel Cummins.

bbsam

Staff member
I heard the fords can blow a cylinder and the computer will reset itself to keep running without it. Drivers won't even mention it because they're idiots. Then you get to replace an engine. It's why I still stick to the diesel Cummins.
Around here, diesels leak oil and X dead-lines them for DOT issues.

bbsam

Staff member
I had an issue like that. Driver called. I told him to drive it back. No way I wanted them to just replace a head under warranty.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
We have 6 from 2015 to 2017.
Oldest one already had a rebuild at 58k
Extended Warranty!
Most of our routes are 10 miles from base all the time, so it’s usually not the end of the world. Our Ford guy comes and grabs the trucks after unload, brings them back before preload. If it is extended, we have 2 spares.

Code 82 Approved

I had an issue like that. Driver called. I told him to drive it back. No way I wanted them to just replace a head under warranty.
Hence our 58k rebuild under warranty. Driver shut it down. We raced out with an empty spare. That Particular problem is actually a recall I believe. Remind me tomorrow I’ll get the TSA on it

bacha29

We have 6 from 2015 to 2017.
Oldest one already had a rebuild at 58k
Extended Warranty!
Most of our routes are 10 miles from base all the time, so it’s usually not the end of the world. Our Ford guy comes and grabs the trucks after unload, brings them back before preload. If it is extended, we have 2 spares.
I've seen new P1000's being advertised with those little 5.4 L coffee grinders in them. That's a pickup truck engine and not even the biggest. It only stands to reason that they would have to work extremely hard to make enough power to do the job.If that is what some of you guys have in them I don't think they're going to last very long and given how so many P1's today are max load and sometimes more, a 325 Caterpillar or an 8.2L Cummins would not be an overkill. It is indeed unfortunate that the old 300/5.9 Cummins and the DT444E7.3L Ford/International engines have been discontinued and I've been told that you can't even get a factory reman when it comes to the 7.3.

Code 82 Approved

I've seen new P1000's being advertised with those little 5.4 L coffee grinders in them. That's a pickup truck engine and not even the biggest. It only stands to reason that they would have to work extremely hard to make enough power to do the job.If that is what some of you guys have in them I don't think they're going to last very long and given how so many P1's today are max load and sometimes more, a 325 Caterpillar or an 8.2L Cummins would not be an overkill. It is indeed unfortunate that the old 300/5.9 Cummins and the DT444E7.3L Ford/International engines have been discontinued and I've been told that you can't even get a factory reman when it comes to the 7.3.
What I don’t get, is why a $50,000 truck turned into a $85,000 truck to get the diesel. Must’ve been the pollution control and the DEF problem nobody wanted and that’s why everyone has gone to the Fords.
Luckily, like at earlier said everything is within 10 miles of base. If I had a route out the middle of BFE I would certainly find myself a diesel somewhere.

We just sold a 2007 for 25,000 and it had like 340 K on the odometer

That one had a Mercedes

bacha29

only if you’ll let me play my Slim Whitman and Zamfir (Master of the Pan Flute) albums at extreme volume (11) til all hours of the night.
That's perfectly fine as long as it doesn't interfere with the annual Minnie Riperton music festival I host every year with special guests Kenny G along with Captain and Tennile.

NYCFXG

Vision showed 10% less than we got today... Highest total of peak day so far. With weather coming in tomorrow, X made it a point to stress the importance of successful deliveries today.

bbsam

Staff member
Anyone seeing a sudden uptick in Amazon? Word is a certain delivery company that uses brown trucks really crapped their knickers this year.

Last edited:

NYCFXG

Anyone seeing a sudden uptick in Amazon? Word is a certain delivery company that uses brown truck really crapped their knickers this year.

Yeah was told in no uncertain terms get ready for the drama.. But, you know.. Their service is much better than ours..

Interesting how the better trained, better paid and better supported work force is performing at a 10% deficit.

Here is a nice article.. UPS faces delays with surge of holiday packages

The company implemented shipping surcharges for the holidays this year, expecting it would deliver far more packages than last year, but has still struggled to meet the overwhelming demand for e-commerce deliveries. UPS delivered 89.2% of the parcels it shipped last week on time, according to ShipMatrix, a software company that analyzes shipping industry data. In comparison, FedEx delivered 99.4% of its packages on time last week. UPS said it has notified drivers at some of its busiest package sorting centers that it may extend their hours to help cope with demand.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Yeah was told in no uncertain terms get ready for the drama.. But, you know.. Their service is much better than ours..

Interesting how the better trained, better paid and better supported work force is performing at a 10% deficit.

Here is a nice article.. UPS faces delays with surge of holiday packages
I wouldn't be so smug when you consider the volume they have. If ground were to have that volume they would be much worse off than UPS.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My point would be that UPS is sorely understaffed 11 months out of the year and the 12th month they are insanely understaffed.
Yep. They’ve been squeezing and squeezing those oranges all year and there just isn’t anything left. UPS will pay dearly in the court of public opinion for this Peak.