President Obama!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Re: Obamanomics

Sure thing, Imperial Wizard. If the sheet fits, wear it.

You continually demonstrate why your moderator career was so short. If you can not understand the Terms of Service regarding personal attacks, perhaps you need to reread and try to comprehend better.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
More fuzzy math:

Battle Grows Over Obama Administration's Health Care Law Accounting

It was only a few minutes in the making but comments last week by Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on Capitol Hill have set off a firestorm of criticism around President Obama’s health care law and how the law, when it’s finally implemented, will have “double counted” on Medicare -- and, therefore, does not have the savings once predicted by the White House.

“The Affordable Care Act adds 12 years to the Medicare trust fund, according to every actuary, and the $500 billion represents a slowdown in the growth rate of Medicare over 10 years from what was projected at 8 percent to a growth rate,” Sebelius said during questioning by Rep. John Shimkus, R-Ill.

But, as Shimkus pushed the issue, asking for Sebelius to explain if the president was using the $500 billion to save Medicare or fund health care reform, Sebelius added one word – “both.” And that word has made many more nervous than ever about the health care law, as they say it sounds like double counting, or using money from one program to count into another, which does not equal savings.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...a-administrations-health-care-law-accounting/

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You continually demonstrate why your moderator career was so short. If you can not understand the Terms of Service regarding personal attacks, perhaps you need to reread and try to comprehend better.

I was asked to be a Mod on the FedEx forums, well before I understood the politics and vagaries of this site. I have strong opinions, and I should never have accepted the Mod "job". One of those vagaries is the fact that certain people get away with a lot more than others. Lue C Fur (and others) fall into that category. It's OK if somone personally attacks me, but not necessarily vice versa.

On the sheet deal, it's pretty evident that some people on BC border on being racist and/or xenophobic. Most of the time, the comments go unchallenged, and it slides under the radar. I see Obama getting attacked all the time, which certainly goes with the job. But a few of the comments cross over the line, and that's not right. Head to the Life After Brown section and read a few of the jokes sometime. You might be surprised.

My household is mixed race, and I've seen a lot of stuff that offends both me and my family, so maybe the Moderators need to step-up their vigilance on that end of the spectrum. If you'd like some examples, I can certainly find them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

A Mexican drinks his beer and suddenly throws his glass in the air, pulls out his pistol and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, "In Mexico our glasses so cheap we don't need to drink from the same glass twice."

An Iraqi, obviously impressed by this, drinks his beer, throws his glass into the air, pulls out his AK-47 and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, "In Iraq we have so much sand to make glasses that we don't need to drink out of the same glass twice either."

The Texas cowboy, cool as a cucumber, picks up his beer and drinks it, throws his glass into the air, pulls out his pistol and shoots the Mexican and the Iraqi, and catches his glass. He says, "In America we have so many illegal Mexicans and Arabs that we don't have to drink with the same ones twice."

Racist, I'd say "yes"

This is one of many examples. Taken directly from "Lighten UPS". I've chosen not to identify the person who posted it. I say "Imperial Wizard" and it gets killed as a personal attack. I guess it's OK to attack entire races, as evidenced by the above.

moreluck

golden ticket member

A Mexican drinks his beer and suddenly throws his glass in the air, pulls out his pistol and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, "In Mexico our glasses so cheap we don't need to drink from the same glass twice."

An Iraqi, obviously impressed by this, drinks his beer, throws his glass into the air, pulls out his AK-47 and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, "In Iraq we have so much sand to make glasses that we don't need to drink out of the same glass twice either."

The Texas cowboy, cool as a cucumber, picks up his beer and drinks it, throws his glass into the air, pulls out his pistol and shoots the Mexican and the Iraqi, and catches his glass. He says, "In America we have so many illegal Mexicans and Arabs that we don't have to drink with the same ones twice."

Racist, I'd say "yes"

This is one of many examples. Taken directly from "Lighten UPS". I've chosen not to identify the person who posted it. I say "Imperial Wizard" and it gets killed as a personal attack. I guess it's OK to attack entire races, as evidenced by the above.

This is a JOKE and it was posted by me. There are jokes, thousands of them, and they are equally offensive to all. Since we are here to cater to FedEx, why not ask Cheryl to totally remove all the jokes from the site....will that make it better in your mamby-pamby land ?? Here, have a tissue.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
first it was unions and certain companies getting waivers, not whole states.
if this farce of a law is modeled after what we have in Mass., be prepared to go to jail for not having coverage. Citizens are required to acquire coverage even if they don't want nor can afford it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I couldn't find a cartoon, so picture this.......a caricature of Kathleen Sebellius at an ice cream shop with a cone with 2 big scoops of ice cream just dripping off the cone.......this represents the double-dipping that takes place in Obamacare. Wish I could draw.

For those who like a more vivid picture....the bottom scoop is pistachio and the top scoop is butter pecan and it's a waffle cone. :wink2:

wkmac

Re: Obamanation here today

The U.S. won’t be able to avoid a crippling debt crisis as long as Congress refuses to include defense spending, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid in the mix of program cuts to reduce federal spending, the co-chairman of the presidential debt commission said Tuesday.
“We want to keep the country safe and secure, but I don’t think the country can afford to spend more on national defense than the next 14 countries combined,” said Erskine Bowles, White House chief of staff during the Clinton administration and co-chairman of the last year’s presidential Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform.

Expert: Defense Must Be Cut To Avoid Crisis

moreluck

golden ticket member

Obama's approval rating among independent voters has dropped to 37% (really) from 47% just 30 days ago.:surprised:

moreluck

golden ticket member

The pres. and the 'little' lady are talking at the White House about bullying. It would be OK if they included The Libya guy in that talk. Seems Borat does 'school stuff' better than worldly stuff.

wkmac

The pres. and the 'little' lady are talking at the White House about bullying. It would be OK if they included The Libya guy in that talk. Seems Borat does 'school stuff' better than worldly stuff.

Kinda funny to see someone who uses an army to kill in order to get his way talk about the ill effects of bullying!

But it's for the good of America, right?

Seems we have more than one bully here does it not!

moreluck

golden ticket member

294nvk8.jpg

bbsam

Staff member

How about this. From now on, SS tax goes only to SS Medicare/Medicaid. Nothing else. Would they now be solvent going forward if we implement Gore's "lock box"?

bbsam

Staff member

I'm afraid I don't know my handbags, but I'll take your word for it. But the rich don't have to sacrifice and the Obamas have been very well off for quite some time.