President Obama!

In my area, we hit the intermodal yard(s) each night of the two railroads that UPS had piggyback contracts with. I was very impressed by UPS ops, especially the way we would head for the yard just as the train was starting to be unloaded. As soon as the box hit the ground, we'd pull under it, pre-trip, and head back to the center. Extremely efficient.
OK, you said you did this for four peek seasons, correct? What did you do between those times?

We had a peek driver that came back for three years on the UPS promise that they would bring him back after the first of the year, he was 1st in line to be hired. This guy quit decent, not great, jobs each year based on those promises being told each year that no one was hired so he was still number one on the list. This poor kid worked his butt off, posting really good numbers and yet NEVER got the call to come back. The first and third years they moved TP sups to driving instead of calling him back.
They called him the fourth year and he told them to kiss his, well you know where.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
OK, you said you did this for four peek seasons, correct? What did you do between those times?

We had a peek driver that came back for three years on the UPS promise that they would bring him back after the first of the year, he was 1st in line to be hired. This guy quit decent, not great, jobs each year based on those promises being told each year that no one was hired so he was still number one on the list. This poor kid worked his butt off, posting really good numbers and yet NEVER got the call to come back. The first and third years they moved TP sups to driving instead of calling him back.
They called him the fourth year and he told them to kiss his, well you know where.

I worked both sides of the fence.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Re: Obamanation here today

obama_2012_1.gif

obama_2012_2.gif

obama_2012_3.gif

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Re: Obamanomics

During the Bush presidency, the BLM became a paper tiger. I'm aware of many wilderness areas that were ruined by opening up too much of them to ORV's. I have 3 dirtbikes, and a couple quads, but I'm willing to ride them in designated areas that have already been trashed.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained documents from the Obama Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) detailing the agency’s massive taxpayer-funded multimedia campaign designed to promote the Affordable Health Care Act (also known as Obamacare) and other HHS policy initiatives. According to the records obtained by Judicial Watch pursuant to a March 23, 2011, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (No. 11-608)), the total cost of the campaign, which targets Obama’s electoral coalition, could reach as much as $200 million.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained documents from the Obama Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) detailing the agency’s massive taxpayer-funded multimedia campaign designed to promote the Affordable Health Care Act (also known as Obamacare) and other HHS policy initiatives. According to the records obtained by Judicial Watch pursuant to a March 23, 2011, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (No. 11-608)), the total cost of the campaign, which targets Obama’s electoral coalition, could reach as much as $200 million.

From the Obama admin...does not suprise me.

bbsam

Staff member
Still not as good as Bush sending out notices that we would all be getting a tax rebate check in the mail...2 week s before the check came...in the mail. Can't remember what that mailing going out to all the households cost.

Still not as good as Bush sending out notices that we would all be getting a tax rebate check in the mail...2 week s before the check came...in the mail. Can't remember what that mailing going out to all the households cost.
Can you seriously not see the difference in these two actions? One is a notice to let people know they will be getting a check, the other is to promote a massively unpopular law that we couldn't stop. Neither one was needed, that is true, but the comparison is ridiculous. The waste isn't the point, the motivation is the driving force of the complaints. I objected to 0bamacare and I objected to the costly promotion of a bill that was a travesty of the legislative process.

moreluck

golden ticket member
All, even the Demoncrats have franking privilege. I, for one, have suggested it be taken away from everyone in this day of internet. It would be a small step in saving $$$.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Eagerly awaiting Mr. Flipflop's ideas for the budget. He says it's a major announcement......in the middle of the day?????? If he talks about raising taxes, his days are numbered. Whatever happened to all that fraud that was going to be stopped and used to fund his Obamacare? The fraud goes on and it's knowingly allowed. That's a problem.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Once saw a news report on the fraud in Medicare, seems by law any bills received must be paid within 30 days.
Fly by night operatives would set up shop, get their hands on a patients list, and send the gov't medical services bills.
This report was about this practice was in FL, where the gov't only had 3 investigators for the whole state.
By the time someone questioned the monies being paid, the fly by nighters had already closed that office and had moved on to another location.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Once saw a news report on the fraud in Medicare, seems by law any bills received must be paid within 30 days.
Fly by night operatives would set up shop, get their hands on a patients list, and send the gov't medical services bills.
This report was about this practice was in FL, where the gov't only had 3 investigators for the whole state.
By the time someone questioned the monies being paid, the fly by nighters had already closed that office and had moved on to another location.

That was on 60 Minutes---I watched that and was appalled at how lax our Medicare auditors are.

klein

Für Meno :)

That was on 60 Minutes---I watched that and was appalled at how lax our Medicare auditors are.

I seen that episode, too, must be about a year ago now.
Anyways, I'm surprised they don't handle all medicare services offices, just as they do State Lottery Terminals.
I did own a a convience store here, and just to qualify for selling lottery tickets, is like qualifying to buy a house, an then some !
They will gather all your personal information, do credit and criminal checks, and even send you to the state lottery location for a days training.

No chance of theft, or closing up shop overnight, and walking away with $50K or more in scratch & win tickets and sold lottery ticket monies.
They know who you are, what you own, and can reposess anything that belongs to you.
No good credit, no good criminal check, no callateral, = NO LOTTERY TERMINAL or sales.

That's all they need to do to fix that problem !

Babagounj

Strength through joy

but the messiah said he would fix the problem, once obamacare was past.
I recall him saying something about how much $$$$$$$$ could be saved by eliminating the waste & fraud.
Seems that's another little thing that he never got around with.
You know like always saying that making jobs was his #1 goal.

bbsam

Staff member
Can you seriously not see the difference in these two actions? One is a notice to let people know they will be getting a check, the other is to promote a massively unpopular law that we couldn't stop. Neither one was needed, that is true, but the comparison is ridiculous. The waste isn't the point, the motivation is the driving force of the complaints. I objected to 0bamacare and I objected to the costly promotion of a bill that was a travesty of the legislative process.
I find the irony to be the best. A check sized statment telling me a check was coming. Just send the damn check. I'm not sure what the point was. Tell ya what. Give Obamacare 10 years like the tax cuts have gotten and then repeal it. If it remains unpopular as you say, shouldn't be a problem.