President Obama!

Just saying that your "doomsday" scenario isn't fact. If ever it came close, the real money people in this country would have politicians falling on their own swords to protect their interests. Could actually see shadows of it coming up in the "debt ceiling" debate.
Sorry, I forgot to put IMO on the so called doomsday scenario, on the other hand I didn't say it was a fact either.

klein

Für Meno :)
How good are you at math Klein? Put a pencil to it and show the figures. Removing the tax cuts, how much more money will the gov have to [-]give away[/-] spend?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not all that opposed to removing the individual tax cuts. After all it won't effect me, my income level won't see a change.

You know the number $800 billion !
Finally, we somewhat agree !

I know if I had to vote on it, (cuts to medicare, or cuts to the rich), what I would choose, without thinking twice and within an eyes-blink.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

".....Obama put Ryan in the front row for the speech, making it not just a public denouncement, but a personal dressing down....."

That's rude !

bbsam

Staff member

I like it. About time the democrats started playing hardball and calling the republicans out. Someone needs to explain why the wealthiest skate through with no sacrifice asked of them. Ryan authored it. He should be there to answer for it.

moreluck

golden ticket member

You don't give somebody a "so called" seat of honor and then rip them a new one. Just like in the State of the Union when Obama hit on the Supreme Court people. The guy has no decorum. (patent pending on these words of mine)

moreluck

golden ticket member

Don't know if this is true or not....just trying to understand "trillions"....

I don't know how many of you out there are concerned about the country's growing debt & deficit, but I ran across a great analogy today which brings those trillions down to earth.

Think of it like this: Your monthly income is $170.00 per mo.
Your expenses are $940.00 per mo.
Your credit card debt is $14,000.00
You have $83.00 in the bank

Now what do you do??? Multiply the above figures by one billion and that's where Uncle Sam is.

bbsam

Staff member

You don't give somebody a "so called" seat of honor and then rip them a new one. Just like in the State of the Union when Obama hit on the Supreme Court people. The guy has no decorum. (patent pending on these words of mine)
Decorum is for expensive dinner parties and first dates. Politics is much uglier. Like a vice-president telling a member of congress to, "Go :censored2: yourself." Priceless.

moreluck

golden ticket member

A hundred and some million dollars overpayment to U.N.

$125 Billion in improper payments to different projects after looking at only projects over $10 million (so there's more out there)

Let me ask you.....in your household budget, when have you ever overpaid anything??

Who in the hell is watching the money??:biting:

klein

Für Meno :)

How can the US make an over payment to the UN, if they are the largest debtor to them ?

U.S. Debt to the United Nations
United States debt to the United Nations, in both the regular and peacekeeping budgets, exceeded
$1.5 billion at the start of 2009. After passage of the 2009 appropriations bills, U.S. debt for
peacekeeping alone was over $1.3 billion. These arrears make the United States the largest debtor to
the United Nations and threaten its ability to leverage the international community toward achieving
key U.S. national security priorities.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...6QLq_ZwPjV4Oks9kg&sig2=KJjelhLobmcpgePI3TgXCw

bbsam

Staff member
you might want to reconsider , given the fact that there is not enough money in the whole world to support the USA's current spending program.
Money is nothing. It's all about buying power and that is subjective, fluid, and in many cases intellectually created.

Money is nothing. It's all about buying power and that is subjective, fluid, and in many cases intellectually created.
Not too sure "money is nothing" is correct. Cash, yea it isn't so important on it's own. As far a buying power, I have the buying power of 3-4 hunderd K, but I don't have nor will I ever have the money to pay it. No one want's to leave that kind of debt to their heirs. I think we all agree that leaving the national debt, in the numbers that seem to be inevitable, is unacceptable. We just disagree on how to reduce those numbers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not too sure "money is nothing" is correct. Cash, yea it isn't so important on it's own. As far a buying power, I have the buying power of 3-4 hunderd K, but I don't have nor will I ever have the money to pay it. No one want's to leave that kind of debt to their heirs. I think we all agree that leaving the national debt, in the numbers that seem to be inevitable, is unacceptable. We just disagree on how to reduce those numbers.

I personally think that if we are to be serious about reducing the debt we need to simply "rip off the band-aid".

I'll give you a personal example. On June 1, 2009, I had $48,500 of unsecured debt. Today I have $4,299. (Thanks to Dave Ramsey) My wake-up call came when I was making a purchase for my daughter and it was declined because Bank of America had closed my credit card account.

I wonder what our wake-up call as a nation will be or if we have already received it and hit the snooze button instead.

Last edited: