President Obama!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Re: Obamanation here today

(Daily Mail) — More than one person has wanted to call Barack Obama a ‘smart alec’, and now British police will get the chance to do so without getting reprimanded.
That’s because Scotland Yard has tapped the codename ‘Chalaque’ to refer to the U.S. president for security reasons during his upcoming state visit to the United Kingdom May 24-26.
Indarjit Singh, a Punjabi speaker in the UK who is director of the Network of Sikh Organisations, told the Sunday Times the word ‘is sometimes used when we want to denigrate someone who we think is too clever for their own good’.
Another Punjabi speaker told the paper the word Chalaque is ‘not considered rude’, but could be ‘mildly offensive’.

I don't think so. Depends on why the waivers are granted. This isn't a single payer system. The argument should be, does the law make the system better? And isn't it a good sign that the waivers are allowed and being used? Otherwise it really would be "shoved down our throats".

You are correct that as stated this is not a single payer system, However, there will come a time when companies won't be able to afford group insurance for their employees then turning to the mandatory requirements. We are already seeing premiums increase in preparation for the parts that put restrictions on the pre-existing problems, the increase of adult kids til they are 26 years old,etc. Oil companies aren't the only industry to do preemptive price increases. If the healhcare law is so great why do companies need waivers?

moreluck

golden ticket member

I always hear an ad on TV for Mission Hospital and their "rapid response team". Now Obama has a rapid response team to handle negative stories about the pres. before they get wings and fly too far.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You are correct that as stated this is not a single payer system, However, there will come a time when companies won't be able to afford group insurance for their employees then turning to the mandatory requirements. We are already seeing premiums increase in preparation for the parts that put restrictions on the pre-existing problems, the increase of adult kids til they are 26 years old,etc. Oil companies aren't the only industry to do preemptive price increases. If the healhcare law is so great why do companies need waivers?

Not everyone that requests a waiver is given one. I would like to know what King/Queen decides who gets one and what's the reason for a turn down and I'd like the see the list of those that asked, but weren't granted a waiver. But that would be too transparent, I guess.

Not everyone that requests a waiver is given one. I would like to know what King/Queen decides who gets one and what's the reason for a turn down and I'd like the see the list of those that asked, but weren't granted a waiver. But that would be too transparent, I guess.
That might be interesting to see.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Research, research, research....

Is this a hard concept? Why not learn about he health care industry before "crying" about waivers and what they do.

Why take the "spin" and run with it. All you hear is WAIVER and all of a sudden its a gift to a friend..

You said: "However, there will come a time when companies won't be able to afford group insurance for their employees"

Really? there will come a time? Hey man, that time came and went 10 years ago.

Even UPS is paying too much for our plans.

You have to learn what a "mini-med" plan is. The waivers are being issued to mainly those companies who have these plans which will be outlawed in 2014.

These plans have limited benefits annually despite weekly deductions and the "Waivers" protect the employees from reduced benefits from the insurance company.

Ruby Tuesday chain said this about the waiver they recieved:

"At Maryville, Tenn.-based Ruby Tuesday, hourly employees can purchase insurance through the company regardless of how many hours a week they put in, spokeswoman Meredith Hammond said. The chain's waiver applies to coverage for more than 3,200 workers, though Hammond didn't specify how many of those employees live in Southern Nevada.

"The premiums for a full medical plan are more than this group of employees could reasonably afford," Hammond said in an email. "Since the insurance exchanges that the government is proposing are not yet operational, it was our concern that these employees would be without viable medical coverage had we not obtained a waiver for the plan."

The waivers are issued for one year. NOT forever.

The new law does not take effect until 2014 and yet, the insurance industry is trying to protect its 400% profit margin average and raising rates ahead of time to BANK CASH.

Your anger should be with the industry and not the health care reform.

Did you miss the senate hearings on health care? DId you miss the scams that were exposed by the industry? Did you miss the testimony of how the insurance industry routinely disqualified paid members of plans to avoid liability of coverage?

Geez man, take some time to learn what is at stake.

Peace.

Re: Obamanomics

Common sense would indicate that approval by Mr. Bush would be a negative for the candidate. While Tea-Baggers may yearn for a return to the Bush years, most citizens are very glad he's gone. The proof will come as the election draws closer and Bush is nowhere to be found.
Just what I thought, you make claims you can not prove. typical. And evidently your sister can't either.
Tell ya what, prove that any prospective republican candidate has publicly stated they didn't want Bush's endorsement

Research, research, research....

Is this a hard concept? Why not learn about he health care industry before "crying" about waivers and what they do.

Why take the "spin" and run with it. All you hear is WAIVER and all of a sudden its a gift to a friend..

You said: "However, there will come a time when companies won't be able to afford group insurance for their employees"

Really? there will come a time? Hey man, that time came and went 10 years ago.

Even UPS is paying too much for our plans.

You have to learn what a "mini-med" plan is. The waivers are being issued to mainly those companies who have these plans which will be outlawed in 2014.

These plans have limited benefits annually despite weekly deductions and the "Waivers" protect the employees from reduced benefits from the insurance company.

Ruby Tuesday chain said this about the waiver they recieved:

"At Maryville, Tenn.-based Ruby Tuesday, hourly employees can purchase insurance through the company regardless of how many hours a week they put in, spokeswoman Meredith Hammond said. The chain's waiver applies to coverage for more than 3,200 workers, though Hammond didn't specify how many of those employees live in Southern Nevada.

"The premiums for a full medical plan are more than this group of employees could reasonably afford," Hammond said in an email. "Since the insurance exchanges that the government is proposing are not yet operational, it was our concern that these employees would be without viable medical coverage had we not obtained a waiver for the plan."

The waivers are issued for one year. NOT forever.

The new law does not take effect until 2014 and yet, the insurance industry is trying to protect its 400% profit margin average and raising rates ahead of time to BANK CASH.

Your anger should be with the industry and not the health care reform.

Did you miss the senate hearings on health care? DId you miss the scams that were exposed by the industry? Did you miss the testimony of how the insurance industry routinely disqualified paid members of plans to avoid liability of coverage?

Geez man, take some time to learn what is at stake.

Peace.
Thank you for proving my point.
In 2014 the "mini-med plans" will be outlawed, great or maybe not. Then the people that are now in the mini-meds will be forced into the proposed government exchanges or face government imposed penalties. You better believe that the government will have a heavy hand in these exchanges, thus a government ran program paid for with ever increasing taxes. OK, that's not a literal single payer system, but not really much different.
No I did not catch the senate hearings on health care. Did I miss the scams that were exposed by the industry? Which industry and which scams specifically. I've have heard of some scams but not sure what you are referring to. A crack down on insurance companies unjustly disqualifying paid customers to avoid paying could and should have been handled in a five page bill instead of the one that no one person knew what all was in it, including 0bama. NO ONE read the damn thing all the way through before it was shoved through.

klein

Für Meno :)
There is nothing wrong with a single payer system !!!!
I'm starting to believe the republicans and tea partiers are just jelous, they don't have it for their own citizens.

It's kinda sad to see Orangeputah wanting to retire with his new winfall, but insurance healthcare costs are setting him back to do so.
Same as for any US citizen who wants to quit their job and start their own business - first thing comes to mind is the cost of healthcare !!!

Just look at my latest doctor's visit. I'm unemployed, not collecting any social money whatsoever.
Now, if I was American, I wouldn't have had health insurance, when the dog bit me over and over again.
Maybe, I would have gotten away without a Tetenus shot , maybe not, and developed rabbies ? Then I would have been hospitalized by now, and you can figure out those enormous end costs on your own ! (for others to pay).
Besides, with medical attention, I healed much faster then without.

One of the reasons, too, that Americans don't live as long as Europeans or Canadians. Simply because of all the uninsured citizens there, that have no money for pre- cautionary healthcare issues.

And, I can't figure it out, why some of you don't want it !
It seems it's good enough for medicare. Mind you, once you're on medicare, the US citizens can be happy and proud about it, that they no longer pay a penny towards it, unlike here, esspecially if they smoke and drink.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Klein has cracked the case!! That's it, every American is green with envy over Canada's system. It's the best, the diamond of health care, the greatest, the coolest, the neatest, the cat's pajamas, the nth degree of magnificent,fantastic, impressive, grand, majestic, resplendent, outstanding, sublime, superb, brilliant............did I leave any out?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Your rules could change and Canada could say.....we're gonna quit covering people who smoke & drink. Tell us then about how you love your system!!

moreluck

golden ticket member

I agree with what someone said today...."politics is perception".

It's hard for the American people to see the pres. playing ping pong or toasting the queen while hundreds are dying in tornado ravaged states and he's there, not for a g-8 summit, but for a jolly old time. He's detached.

He could've landed his big plane nearby the disasters, not interfering with rescuers and just acted like he cared and tell the people, "help is here for you" and sent some FEMA droids out into the communities.

People who are suffering do not appreciate seeing him on TV in England & Ireland. Now, we only have one president and it's Obama. Why does he not show leadership?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: Obamanomics

Just what I thought, you make claims you can not prove. typical. And evidently your sister can't either.
Tell ya what, prove that any prospective republican candidate has publicly stated they didn't want Bush's endorsement

TRIP,

how YOU NAME one republican candidate who comes out and openly states ANY of bush's ECOnomic policies were effective and would repeat any of them if elected?

How about naming one candidate who you believe would want BUSH anywhere near them during an election?

BUSH's negatives far outwiegh any positives.

Peace.