President Obama!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: Obamanation here today

I agree with what someone said today...."politics is perception".

It's hard for the American people to see the pres. playing ping pong or toasting the queen while hundreds are dying in tornado ravaged states and he's there, not for a g-8 summit, but for a jolly old time. He's detached.

He could've landed his big plane nearby the disasters, not interfering with rescuers and just acted like he cared and tell the people, "help is here for you" and sent some FEMA droids out into the communities.

People who are suffering do not appreciate seeing him on TV in England & Ireland. Now, we only have one president and it's Obama. Why does he not show leadership?

He will be in Joplin this weekend.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Not everyone that requests a waiver is given one. I would like to know what King/Queen decides who gets one and what's the reason for a turn down and I'd like the see the list of those that asked, but weren't granted a waiver. But that would be too transparent, I guess.

Would be interesting...it would show which compaines donated money to Obama and the dems and got the waivers and those that did not donate...

klein

Für Meno :)
Corperations can`t donate money to political parties here. Against the rules.
Must all come from public donations.

We wouldn`t want Walmart and Exxon, Banks and Insurance companies running the country !

moreluck

golden ticket member

Am I the only one that thinks it's strange that Netanyahu is here adressing congress and Obama is gone ?? Isn't that kinda rude?

Babagounj

Strength through joy

The president and the orchestra at Buckingham Palace this evening were a bit out of synch.
When the president toasted the Queen the orchestra misunderstood a pause and what seemed to be a cue from the president for “God Save the Queen” to begin playing.
“Ladies and gentlemen please stand with me and raise your glasses as I propose a toast,” the president said, putting down his note cards and grabbing his glass. “To her majesty the Queen.”
The president paused, the guests stood, and the orchestra prepared to play.
But the president wasn’t done speaking.
“The vitality –“ the president said before the orchestra began.
Then the familiar tune – you might know it better as “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” – started up.
The president kept going: “ -- of the special relationship between our peoples and for the words of Shakespeare to this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,” the president said as the awkward moment played out.
The Queen looked ahead as the UK anthem played.
“To the Queen,” the president finally said.
He lifted his glass to her, she smiled a bit uncomfortably.
But because the song was playing, no one drank from his or her glass, including the president, who put his glass down on the table.
Then once the song was over, everyone raised a glass.
It almost felt like one of those moments at the Academy Awards when the speech from the recipient for Best Original Screenplay goes on too long and the orchestra tries to hustle him or her off the stage.
Kind of weird.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/05/awkward-moment-during-obama-toast-to-queen-.html

Re: Obamanomics

TRIP,

how YOU NAME one republican candidate who comes out and openly states ANY of bush's ECOnomic policies were effective and would repeat any of them if elected?

How about naming one candidate who you believe would want BUSH anywhere near them during an election?

BUSH's negatives far outwiegh any positives.

Peace.
How bout you asking your sister to prover their statement. I made no claims one way or the other.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Question: What do the following have in common? Eckert Cold Storage Co., Kerly Homes of Yuma, Classic Party Rentals, West Coast Turf Inc., Ellenbecker Investment Group Inc., Only in San Francisco, Hotel Nikko, International Pacific Halibut Commission, City of Puyallup, Local 485 Health and Welfare Fund, Chicago Plastering Institute Health & Welfare Fund, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee, Teamsters Local 522 Fund Welfare Fund Roofers Division, StayWell Saipan Basic Plan, CIGNA, Caribbean Workers' Voluntary Employees' Beneficiary Health and Welfare Plan. Answer: They are all among the 1,372 businesses, state and local governments, labor unions and insurers, covering 3,095,593 individuals or families, that have been granted a waiver from Obamacare by Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius.
All of which raises another question: If Obamacare is so great, why do so many people want to get out from under it?
More specifically, why are more than half of those 3,095,593 in plans run by labor unions, which were among Obamacare's biggest political supporters? Union members are only 12 percent of all employees but have gotten 50.3 percent of Obamacare waivers.
On its website HHS pledges that the waiver process will be transparent. But it doesn't list those whose requests for waivers have been denied.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

obamas-in-england.jpg

Lue C Fur

Evil member
All of which raises another question: If Obamacare is so great, why do so many people want to get out from under it?
More specifically, why are more than half of those 3,095,593 in plans run by labor unions, which were among Obamacare's biggest political supporters? Union members are only 12 percent of all employees but have gotten 50.3 percent of Obamacare waivers.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/polit...ule-law-reward-pals-punish-foes#ixzz1NN1BeYCm
[/COLOR]

http://washingtonexaminer.com/polit...ule-law-reward-pals-punish-foes#ixzz1NN0xP5Ng
[/LEFT]

Interesting...but im sure the Messiah Kool-aid drinkers and the MSM will ignore and sweep it under the rug.