President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanation here today

Obama_TransparencyAndTheRuleOfLaw.jpg

packageguy

Re: Obamanomics

I remember in the last election President Bush saying something to the effect that he would "endorse McCain or not endorse McCain, whichever would help him the most"!

With that said, I think Mr. Mcain will run for president agian,
I think he is still waiting for the other shoe to drop, See who else is out there.

moreluck

golden ticket member

With that said, I think Mr. Mcain will run for president agian,
I think he is still waiting for the other shoe to drop, See who else is out there.

McCain's ready to drop, not the shoe. He's too old to run. We may have a candidate hiding still, but look more to the likes of Jeb Bush or Chris Christie.

McCain's ready to drop, not the shoe. He's too old to run. We may have a candidate hiding still, but look more to the likes of Jeb Bush or Chris Christie.
I realize that people change their minds, but Christie has pretty much said he would not throw is hat in the ring for 2012. Jeb Bush has said several times that he wasn't interested.

moreluck

golden ticket member

"B-b-b-but it's his fault ... he started it".....a must read

The Washington Post babbled again today about Obama inheriting a huge deficit from Bush. Amazingly enough, a lot of people swallow this BULL.

So once more, a short civics lesson.

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is theDemocratic Party.

Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for FY 2008 and FY 2009 as well as FY 2010 and FY 2011.

In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.

For FY 2009 though,Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the FY 2009 budgets.

And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete FY 2009. Let's remember what the deficits looked like during that period: (below) (wouldn't paste)

If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the FY 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.

In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for

and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th.

klein

Für Meno :)

That's ok, since last September congress has been controlled by the republicans, and the deficit still keeps rising !

Nimnim

The Nim

That's ok, since last September congress has been controlled by the republicans, and the deficit still keeps rising !

September? We have the elections 2 months later, and the republicans only control the house which is half of congress.

I'll admit the repubs could try harder, but they still have the dem controlled senate that won't agree to most spending cuts.

klein

Für Meno :)

Sorry, meant to write November, and either will the repubs agree to get rid of the Bush tax cuts for the rich.
Should get very interesting mid July, when they need to raise the debt ceiling by August 2nd, again !

moreluck

golden ticket member

Congress consists of the house & senate. The senate is controlled by the Democrats and the house is controlled by the Republicans. Get your facts straight. And just a reminder, the Dems. haven't made a budget for over like 750 days ( I forget the exact # but posted it elsewhere.)

Babagounj

Strength through joy

(Washington Examiner) – Zero Senate Democrats voted to move forward on President Obama’s 2012 budget proposal, and the motion to proceed on it failed by a unanimous 0-97 vote.
What this means is that thus far, no Senate Democrat has voted in favor of any budget plan.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanation here today

".............I for one am not afraid of offending anyone, especially convicted criminals.......(TOS)

That's TOS's quote from the military thread. So how does that work when CA releases 46,000 inmates per Supreme Court order........and some of them are illegal aliens......so will you tell them to return to their own country ? You shouldn't be afraid of offending according to your words.

moreluck

golden ticket member

(Washington Examiner) – Zero Senate Democrats voted to move forward on President Obama’s 2012 budget proposal, and the motion to proceed on it failed by a unanimous 0-97 vote.
What this means is that thus far, no Senate Democrat has voted in favor of any budget plan.
Maybe Barack should've stayed home and did some "ciphering" instead of playing world travelling rock star. He could care less and he's clueless.

Corperations can`t donate money to political parties here. Against the rules.
Must all come from public donations.

We wouldn`t want Walmart and Exxon, Banks and Insurance companies running the country !
Nor more than we would want labor unions running the country.