President Obama!

wkmac

Music Trivia: Who wrote the song Proud Mary?

answer: Willie Nelson (another legendary Canadian)[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that! Could you give us all the detail like where in Canada Willie was born, his Canadian upbringing and where in Canada did he and Waylon Jennings meet and hook up. This would also suggest that Waylon was from Canada as it's well known they both came from the same place.

Give us the details Klein as I'll just sit back and watch you fill us in on this!

I didn't know that! Could you give us all the detail like where in Canada Willie was born, his Canadian upbringing and where in Canada did he and Waylon Jennings meet and hook up. This would also suggest that Waylon was from Canada as it's well known they both came from the same place.

Give us the details Klein as I'll just sit back and watch you fill us in on this!
OK, now we're talkin' about something I DO know about. You're correct they are from the same place when you mean Texas as the place. Waylon was actually from Littlefield, Texas about 35 miles from where I live. Willie is from Abbot, Texas, much further away. They first met in Nashville but really got the "Outlaw" thing going in Austin.
Willie did indeed write hundreds of songs, many of them becoming very big hits, however I don't think he wrote "Proud Mary". I know that in interviews John Forgerty takes credit for the song and describing how certain parts were written. Willie did write a song called " Bloody Mary Morning" .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

New jobless number out this morning......427,000 first time claimants. It was expected to be 415,000. That's going in the wrong direction.

This is summer just starting and there should be all those seasonal-type jobs...the extra waitress at the resort, etc.

The president wants to spend money to do more job training for people.....for WHAT JOBS ?? He's clueless!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

margulies.jpg

wkmac

OK, now we're talkin' about something I DO know about. You're correct they are from the same place when you mean Texas as the place. Waylon was actually from Littlefield, Texas about 35 miles from where I live. Willie is from Abbot, Texas, much further away. They first met in Nashville but really got the "Outlaw" thing going in Austin.
Willie did indeed write hundreds of songs, many of them becoming very big hits, however I don't think he wrote "Proud Mary". I know that in interviews John Forgerty takes credit for the song and describing how certain parts were written. Willie did write a song called " Bloody Mary Morning" .

Yes, I did mean Texas. I knew they were from different towns but not sure how close they lay to one another. I was just curious as to how Klein was going to put Willie in Canada and then put Waylon up there as well. You know that would have been a fun story to watch unfold and encourage.
:wink2:

For the longest, I thought the same about Fogerty and Proud Mary but then not long ago in a trivia game it listed Willie Nelson as the song writer which I thought was wrong (and protested at the time to no avail) so I went to several lyric websites and Nelson again was listed as songwriter. Wikipedia and Songfacts lists Fogerty. I guess we'll have to call this a "history's mystery!" :happy-very:

I have great respect for Willie Nelson but I've always been a bigger Waylon fan. My oldest daughter is friends via the music biz with his son Shooter. Never met him myself but she speaks very highly of him as a person.

Yes, I did mean Texas. I knew they were from different towns but not sure how close they lay to one another. I was just curious as to how Klein was going to put Willie in Canada and then put Waylon up there as well. You know that would have been a fun story to watch unfold and encourage.
:wink2:

For the longest, I thought the same about Fogerty and Proud Mary but then not long ago in a trivia game it listed Willie Nelson as the song writer which I thought was wrong (and protested at the time to no avail) so I went to several lyric websites and Nelson again was listed as songwriter. Wikipedia and Songfacts lists Fogerty. I guess we'll have to call this a "history's mystery!" :happy-very:

I have great respect for Willie Nelson but I've always been a bigger Waylon fan. My oldest daughter is friends via the music biz with his son Shooter. Never met him myself but she speaks very highly of him as a person.
All the lyrics pages(all two of them) I found said Fogerty. I have a LONG list of songs credited to Willie from the Song Writers Hall of Fame that doesn't list PM, but the site doesn't say it is complete list either. Without asking Willie himself, we may never know. LOL

Wikipedia, True Knowledge & Song Facts all say Fogerty wrote it.
Yea, Wk had said that. It's funny, while I was looking for PM under Willie's name I found a place that credits him with writing Bridge Over Troubled Water, but I'm pretty sure that was written by Paul Simon. Willie Did record that though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yea, Wk had said that. It's funny, while I was looking for PM under Willie's name I found a place that credits him with writing Bridge Over Troubled Water, but I'm pretty sure that was written by Paul Simon. Willie Did record that though.

Willie Nelson recorded "Bridge Over Troubled Water"? Really? I guess I need to check it out on youtube.