President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

From CNN. Did you get that? CNN !!

CNN Poll: 90% of Americans Say Economy Poor, All-Time High…

Obamanomics FAIL of the day.
New York (CNNMoney) — Three years after a financial crisis pushed the country deep into recession, an overwhelming number of Americans — 90% — say that economic conditions remain poor.

The number, reported Friday in a new CNN/ORC International Poll, is the highest of Barack Obama’s presidency and a significant increase from the 81% who said conditions were poor in June.

The persistent pessimism indicates that Americans are feeling a level of hardship in line with the official statistics. Unemployment stands at 9.1%, economic growth is barely above stall speed, and the housing market remains tied in knots.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Moreluck's evaluation of this is correct. You were born in the USA (so you say), that makes the USA your home country, not Mexico. What a failed attempt to spin.

BTW, only one of Zer0s parents was from Kenya the other was born in the USA so how does that make Kenya 0's home country? Now MO may have meant that Zero has Kenyan ancestry, but that isn't what she said was it. That's another reason I left off my reasons to not like her.

Speaking of misrepresenting, does that include telling lies about people?
I was born in Germany and consider myself an American, so I think YOU and anyone else could be wrong in your assertions.

I was born in Germany and consider myself an American, so I think YOU and anyone else could be wrong in your assertions.
There is of course circumstances where that could be true. For instance if one (or both)of your parents was/were in the military and you were born in a military hospital then you would still be an American citizen and your homeland is indeed the USA. What do you consider to be your home land?

You could also be wrong. What a shocker.

klein

Für Meno :)
I wasn't born in Germany, but both my parents were and I ended up living, getting educated and working in Germany.
When I do visit Germany, I do tell my German friends it's good to be back in the "Vaterland" , or even "Mutterland" and in a way it is also the "Heimatland" :)

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I wasn't born in Germany, but both my parents were and I ended up living, getting educated and working in Germany.
When I do visit Germany, I do tell my German friends it's good to be back in the "Vaterland" , or even "Mutterland" and in a way it is also the "Heimatland" :)

When you were born, did the doctor drop you on your head...that would explain alot.

wkmac

When you understand the context and subject matter of the book itself, IMO it doesn't make Obama look bad at all. In an intellectual way, just the opposite. In fact, a leader of his stature I would think that is the kind of books he would be reading, even if it was an opposing POV. Knowing that thought process and it's influence in foreign cultures would seem to me important in the job of being President.

But then, what is one to expect from someone who admits they don't read or consider information and historical fact over a week old relevant for consideration of present events or a driving force of future ones. And I think it was genetically passed on to virtual offspring too or at least those traits are clearly displayed quite often.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

CBS News)

A new CBS News poll finds that nearly seven in 10 Americans believe President Obama has not made real progress in fixing the economy.Sixty-nine percent say the president has not made real progress on the economy, which voters overwhelmingly cite as their most important issue. Twenty-five percent say he has made real progress.

Perceptions are not improving. The percentage who said Mr. Obama has made real progress has dropped 10 points from a survey 13 months ago, when 35 percent said he had made real progress.

Just 35 percent of Americans approve of Mr. Obama’s handling of the economy, and his approval rating on the issue has been below 40 percent since February. Fifty-three percent approve of his handling of the economy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: Obamanation here today

It may not make him popular but it is the next logical move for a nation which has chosen to drop their landlines in favor of cellphones only.

Would you rather they simply forgive the debts?

moreluck

golden ticket member

It may not make him popular but it is the next logical move for a nation which has chosen to drop their landlines in favor of cellphones only.

Would you rather they simply forgive the debts?
I just think that signing up for the "no call" list should mean, no calls. The collection people can send the mail, repo the cars, bug your workplace (most effective, I think) I don't care . They can call anyone who hasn't requested to be put on a 'no call' list.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Obama On Bank Of America Charging $5 Monthly Fee: I Can Stop Them From Making “a Certain Amount Of Profit”…

With the supreme irony here being BoA initiated the fee in response to Democrat Dick Durbin passing an amendment limiting the fees banks can charge retailers, the banks warned over and over again they would have to pass the difference on to consumers which is exactly what happened and now Obama and the rest of the Dems are feigning outrage.
(The Hill) — President Obama joined fellow Democrats in blasting a new fee on debit card users announced by Bank of America, arguing that banks do not have an “inherent right” to a certain amount of profits.

The bank has come under a hail of criticism after it announced it would begin charging debit card users $5 a month, blaming the move on policymakers who curbed the amount of fees they could collect from retailers.

But Bank of America has pushed back, saying the economics of its debit cards had changed ever since the so-called “Durbin amendment” took effect at the beginning of the month, requiring the bank to impose new fees. That amendment — a provision of the Dodd-Frank financial reform law — roughly halved the amount banks could charge retailers for swiping their debit cards, and was the subject of a fierce lobbying battle on Capitol Hill.

Democrats who backed the provision say banks simply want to protect robust profits, and the president seems to agree. “You don’t have some inherent right just to get a certain amount of profit if your customers are being mistreated,” he said in an interview with ABC News. “My hope is that you’re going to see a bunch of the banks saying to themselves, ‘You know what, this is not good business practices.’”

I just think that signing up for the "no call" list should mean, no calls. The collection people can send the mail, repo the cars, bug your workplace (most effective, I think) I don't care . They can call anyone who hasn't requested to be put on a 'no call' list.

I get calls (on the home phone) ever couple of weeks from creditors looking for my wife's ex. They link him to her, her to me and me to my ex who has even gotten calls looking for him and she's never even met him. He's a deadbeat that won't pay his bills. It has nothing to do with my wife, my ex or me, I sure don't think they should have the right to start calling all of us on our cell phones because of someone else's lack of responsibility.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Will bhos' two young girls be filing tax returns this year ?
After all mrs bhos listed them on her trip to Africa as Senior Staff members.