President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

If I was of the 'union persuasion', I would drop Obama as my candidate like a hot potato for not deciding on the side of instant jobs for Americans.

klein

Für Meno :)

Canada defiant after U.S. oil pipeline rebuff

The U.S. move to put off a decision on TransCanada Corp's proposed $7 billion Keystone XL pipeline for 18 months is a significant blow for Ottawa, which has strongly backed the project.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper had referred to a U.S. approval as a "no-brainer."
He also touted the thousands of jobs that building the pipeline would create in Canada and the United States.

Washington's decision to delay approval, which could end up killing the project, followed a campaign by protesters who complain oil sands crude is particularly energy intensive to extract, creating huge carbon emissions. They also point to a possible environmental disaster if the pipeline broke.

NORTHERN GATEWAY NOW IN FOCUS

Focus now turns to Enbridge Inc's C$5.5 billion ($5.4 billion) Northern Gateway pipeline across the Rocky Mountains to Canada's Pacific Coast, where more than half a million barrels of crude a day could be loaded onto tankers and shipped to Asia.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Boats....spills......oceans affected

It would be so much easier for a pipeline over land with stop-gap turn offs every so often. Stupid president!

klein

I would think so , too ! We need to ship half of ours overseas out by boat, and you need to ship in half of yours from overseas by boat.

Politics ! - Like you said, he can't afford to lose any votes.

moreluck

golden ticket member

This is a serious question. How friggin' stupid is this president?? Why would you give a $433 million contract to a firm for a smallpox drug ?? Smallpox was eradicated. Siga Technologies is the firm......Ron Perelman (Dem. doner) has controlling interest in this company. The gov't. already has a smallpox vaccine on reserve. The spending is crazy and continues while the Super Committee is suppose to make cuts. :dissapointed:

Questions Arise Over $433M Smallpox Drug Contract To Company Tied To Dem Donor | Fox News

Babagounj

Strength through joy

It is very clear to me now just why the pipeline will be to the coast.
China most likely demanded it as part of the deal to finance all the borrowing bhos has done.
For years China has been buying up every natural resource that any country was willing to sell.

moreluck

golden ticket member

(CBS News) — President Obama’s ratings on the the most important issue for his re-election — the economy — have posted the weakest showing of his presidency, according to a poll released Friday by CBS News.

About 60 percent of voters said they disapprove of Mr. Obama’s handling of the economy, the highest on record. Just 34 percent approve of the job he is doing on the matter.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

If I was of the 'union persuasion', I would drop Obama as my candidate like a hot potato for not deciding on the side of instant jobs for Americans.

I wonder if they were fracking near your water supply, which is probably the Colorado River for SoCal, that you might be concerned? Or maybe you like to be able to light your drinking water on fire.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I wonder if they were fracking near your water supply, which is probably the Colorado River for SoCal, that you might be concerned? Or maybe you like to be able to light your drinking water on fire.
It's a pipeline....enclosed....no threat to water.

Inthegame

It's a pipeline....enclosed....no threat to water.
The pipeline is enclosed so there is only a minor threat of contamination if a leak occurred, but the "fracking" process has ground water contamination potential. How come you believe the science on this process to be unquestionably safe yet still doubt global warming? Oh I remember...the science is still out on global warming!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The pipeline is enclosed so there is only a minor threat of contamination if a leak occurred, but the "fracking" process has ground water contamination potential. How come you believe the science on this process to be unquestionably safe yet still doubt global warming? Oh I remember...the science is still out on global warming!

Don't they frack in order to extract the oil to put into the pipeline? I don't think the pipeline itself is the issue.

klein

Harper pursues Asian energy markets after Keystone delay

CBC – 2 hours 31 minutes ago

Prime Minister Stephen Harper had a blunt message for U.S. President Barack Obama at the APEC summit on Sunday: Canada will look for new markets in Asia for its oil and gas, now that the Keystone pipeline has been delayed for more than a year.

The two leaders sat down for almost 30 minutes at the summit in Hawaii, during which Harper made Canada's disappointment clear.
All of Canada's oil and gas exports currently go south of the border, and Keystone would transport crude from the oilsands to Texas. Now, however, Harper says the U.S. decision has left him no choice.

"I did indicate to him, as I did to the president of China yesterday, as our government has indicated, this highlights why Canada must increase its efforts to make sure it can supply its energy outside of the United States and into Asia in particular," Harper said.

To that end, the prime minister will visit China sometime next year.