President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamabastic !!

2jazx4l.jpg

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
There is so much misinformation out there about the 'PPACA' which is the correct term for what some call 'Obamacare'. This is the best explanation I've seen, no politics involved (or at least very little). All facts are referenced with citaitions to the actual law.

Take a few minutes, maybe everyone will learn something. I know I did.

"Obamacare" explained very well. via reddit.com

klein

Für Meno :)

All of the republican healthcare plans went out the window, now that they know a mandatory healthcare care plan (or penalty) is a tax !
Romney is proud of calling Obamacare a tax !

So, basically, since most republicans have signed a no new tax pledge, America will be stuck with a volunteer based private insurance plan, and keep letting the free-loaders use the ER, which in turn leads to higher premiums for those that do pay. (10% hike per year - no biggie - cheaper than Obamacare as many righties think).

Last edited:

UPS Lifer

When I feel inclined to get a laugh and read TOS's posts, the hate spewing from the posts is so vivid that

I often envision the mad professor whose eyeballs are bulging with red veins while each eyeball spins in opposite directions. While he is punching the keys on the keyboard, his ears are spilling steam as the frizzed out hair on his head stand straight up in the air. :grrr:

If you can't picture that, picture Linda Blair in the Exorcist spewing pea soup while her head spins around 360º!!! :wacko:

TOS here is your challenge - If you are not a hater... Name 10 Republicans who have lived in the last 50 years that you can actually say you like them and feel they made positive contributions to the progress of our country.

Odds are as TOS reads this his head will figuritively explode. TOS... Please use caution so as not to blow a gasket. I do not wish ill health on you... Just a friendly challenge to prove you are not a hater.

Good Luck!!! and peace

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

Proposed new Obama campaign slogan: “Don’t read too much into my first term.”
Via the Romney campaign:
June 2012: “Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report and it is informative to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available.”
May 2012: “Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report and it is helpful to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available.”
April 2012: “Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report and it is helpful to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available.”
March 2012: “Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, and it is helpful to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available.”
February 2012: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report; nevertheless, the trend in job market indicators over recent months is an encouraging sign.”
January 2012: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report; nevertheless, the trend in job market indicators over recent months is an encouraging sign.”
December 2011: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
November 2011: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
October 2011: “The monthly employment and unemployment numbers are volatile and employment estimates are subject to substantial revision. There is no better example than August’s jobs figure, which was initially reported at zero and in the latest revision increased to 104,000. This illustrates why the Administration always stresses it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
September 2011: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
August 2011: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
July 2011: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
June 2011: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
May 2011: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
April 2011: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
March 2011: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
February 2011: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
January 2011: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
December 2010: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
November 2010: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
October 2010: “Given the volatility in monthly employment and unemployment data, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
September 2010: “Given the volatility in the monthly employment and unemployment data, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
July 2010: “Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative. It is essential that we continue our efforts to move in the right direction and replace job losses with robust job gains.”
August 2010: “Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative.”
June 2010: “As always, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative.”
May 2010: “As always, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative.”
April 2010: “Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative.”
March 2010: “Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative.”
January 2010: “Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative.”
November 2009: “Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I feel inclined to get a laugh and read TOS's posts, the hate spewing from the posts is so vivid that

I often envision the mad professor whose eyeballs are bulging with red veins while each eyeball spins in opposite directions. While he is punching the keys on the keyboard, his ears are spilling steam as the frizzed out hair on his head stand straight up in the air. :grrr:

If you can't picture that, picture Linda Blair in the Exorcist spewing pea soup while her head spins around 360º!!! :wacko:

TOS here is your challenge - If you are not a hater... Name 10 Republicans who have lived in the last 50 years that you can actually say you like them and feel they made positive contributions to the progress of our country.

Odds are as TOS reads this his head will figuritively explode. TOS... Please use caution so as not to blow a gasket. I do not wish ill health on you... Just a friendly challenge to prove you are not a hater.

Good Luck!!! and peace
Do you really think 'Captain Howdy' will play?

UPS Lifer

Absolutely not. Honestly, I am worried that he might explode so that is why the disclaimer. No answer or sarcasm will prove a point not that one needs to be proven.... His posts show how he hates all Republicans to the core.

UPS Lifer

I don't think that will work. The more things hash out and the more people find out that THEY aren't getting taxed, the more popular it will be. One thing that can be said trutfully is that Obama and the dems let this lesislation get trashed.

There are other revenue streams (taxes) that are in the bill that are an issue that could affect middle class folks. The mandate is pretty minor but commercials could be made to give it legs for awhile. I don't see it as a major issue.

ANY bill that is this huge will, more than likely, bring with it many problems and continued lawsuits down the road.. Look at the UPS/Teamster contract, that is nothing compared to this huge pile of paper, and look how many panels and disagreements over language the contract has. I personally think that the company and Teamsters have done a good job with the contract but there is still too much room for disagreement.

bbsam

Staff member

There are other revenue streams (taxes) that are in the bill that are an issue that could affect middle class folks. The mandate is pretty minor but commercials could be made to give it legs for awhile. I don't see it as a major issue.

ANY bill that is this huge will, more than likely, bring with it many problems and continued lawsuits down the road.. Look at the UPS/Teamster contract, that is nothing compared to this huge pile of paper, and look how many panels and disagreements over language the contract has. I personally think that the company and Teamsters have done a good job with the contract but there is still too much room for disagreement.
You are being too forgiving. It's been a couple years now. If people REALLY wanted to know exactly what is in "this huge pile of paper" they would (if they don't). It's a ploy, a scare tactic. "Oh, it's so massively big and confusing...." There are experts in tax law who would devour this bill in a weekend.

UPS Lifer

You are being too forgiving. It's been a couple years now. If people REALLY wanted to know exactly what is in "this huge pile of paper" they would (if they don't). It's a ploy, a scare tactic. "Oh, it's so massively big and confusing...." There are experts in tax law who would devour this bill in a weekend.

Lawyers will start taking it on as it is interpreted and implemented. Besides the words, you have to see the action and results from the implementation. You can say the same about the small bill of HB 1070 in Arizona. The last part that was left in tact will be challenged as soon as the law is implemented.

bbsam

Staff member
I will.
Colin Powell
John Huntsman
Condi Rice
Bob Gates
Alan Simpson
Jeb Bush
George H.W. Bush
George Will
David Brooks
P.J. O'Rourke

Now, your turn moreluck. Name 10 democrats you feel the same about.

bbsam

Staff member

Lawyers will start taking it on as it is interpreted and implemented. Besides the words, you have to see the action and results from the implementation. You can say the same about the small bill of HB 1070 in Arizona. The last part that was left in tact will be challenged as soon as the law is implemented.
"Taking it on" and knowing what is in it are two very different things. I would submit that they started taking it on as soon as it was passed.

UPS Lifer

"Taking it on" and knowing what is in it are two very different things. I would submit that they started taking it on as soon as it was passed.

I agree that it was challenged as soon as it was passed. However, it is not fully implemented. Challenges will keep coming based on interpretation of the implementation.

UPS Lifer

I will.
Colin Powell
John Huntsman
Condi Rice
Bob Gates
Alan Simpson
Jeb Bush
George H.W. Bush
George Will
David Brooks
P.J. O'Rourke

With all due respect, this challenge was not meant for you. It is about someone who spews hatred in every single post against the right.

I don't believe that that TOS would dare even consider recognizing a Republican. Even with the help you have given him!

Look - We may not always agree but you are not a hater. I respect your opinion and I can sense that it is heartfelt. I have always enjoyed talking to those who have a different opinion other than mine. I cannot grow without knowing how others feel and what others believe. I value your respectful opinion.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I will.
Colin Powell
John Huntsman
Condi Rice
Bob Gates
Alan Simpson
Jeb Bush
George H.W. Bush
George Will
David Brooks
P.J. O'Rourke

John Huntsman just announced that he won't be going to the GOP convention or any GOP function ...I think until we all turn Chinese!!