President Obama!

P

pickup

You are saying that Obama is afraid to show up at the NAACP? Really? I think that would be a stretch for even Fox News to suggest.

As Moreluck said, Obama's attitude with the black community is "Where else are ya gonna go?". He's not going to gain any more with the black community by showing up at the event and can only lose some support if he says something stupid while there. So he sent Biden instead to pay his respects and any stupid comments can just be attributed to "Oh there goes Joe again".

Also, I am sure that there are many in the NAACP who feel that Obama has not done enough for the community as there are many who are not too thrilled with his sudden epiphany on gay rights. Why have that unpleasantness raise its head ? Better to blow off the event.

bbsam

Staff member
As Moreluck said, Obama's attitude with the black community is "Where else are ya gonna go?". He's not going to gain any more with the black community by showing up at the event and can only lose some support if he says something stupid while there. So he sent Biden instead to pay his respects and any stupid comments can just be attributed to "Oh there goes Joe again".

Also, I am sure that there are many in the NAACP who feel that Obama has not done enough for the community as there are many who are not too thrilled with his sudden epiphany on gay rights. Why have that unpleasantness raise its head ? Better to blow off the event.
Well make a pitch then. What did Romney say to woo over black voters...or are you saying Obama was right?

klein

Für Meno :)
My take on it is that gov't run things aren't efficient. They could've used a post office picture and get the point across.

You apparently choose to remain blinded by the Messiah. So be it!

Show me just 1 single country with government healthcare that pays more than the USA !

*hint* : The US pays the most world wide !

brett636

Show me just 1 single country with government healthcare that pays more than the USA !

*hint* : The US pays the most world wide !

Show me just one single country that has government healthcare where you have a better chance of surviving cancer!

*hint*: No country has a higher cancer survival rate than the U.S.

P

pickup

Well make a pitch then. What did Romney say to woo over black voters...or are you saying Obama was right?

Whatever Romney said wasn't going to win anyone over. And to his credit, he didn't try to win support by promising the long awaited "40 acres and a mule". He accepted their invitation because , symbolically, he as president wants to represent all Americans (symbolically , I said). The convention started Sunday and it ends today. Obama couldn't find time to show up for this but he can find time to show up at Matthew Broderick's place in nyc for a fund raiser.

Come on!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

klein

Show me just one single country that has government healthcare where you have a better chance of surviving cancer!

I guess it depends if you have insurance or not !

“Not only do people get good care, but the great majority of Canadians get good care, whereas in some other countries, particularly the U.S., there are considerable variations in the standard of care. The best care may be very good, but it is not quite as equitably distributed in the whole population.’’

According to the study, Canada ranked second overall in patient survival for breast cancer, third for prostate and for colorectal cancer in women, and sixth for colorectal cancer in men.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll

Depends on the type of cancer. I'll toss this out just to get you started:

cancersurvival.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Whatever Romney said wasn't going to win anyone over. And to his credit, he didn't try to win support by promising the long awaited "40 acres and a mule". He accepted their invitation because , symbolically, he as president wants to represent all Americans (symbolically , I said). The convention started Sunday and it ends today. Obama couldn't find time to show up for this but he can find time to show up at Matthew Broderick's place in nyc for a fund raiser.

Come on!!!
Then we agree. There was nothing for the president to gain by showing up. He isn't going to lose the black vote to Romney. You guys act like black folk should be offended by that. So Obama may as well go to other supporter functions that might require his attention more. Besides, democrats like Biden. For all his gaffs, the guy gives a fun speech.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Then we agree. There was nothing for the president to gain by showing up. He isn't going to lose the black vote to Romney. You guys act like black folk should be offended by that. So Obama may as well go to other supporter functions that might require his attention more. Besides, democrats like Biden. For all his gaffs, the guy gives a fun speech.
I think McCain got something like 4 or 5% of the black vote.......I think Romney will get more....if he gets anything more than McCain's portion, then Obama will have lost that number.....so you shouldn't say he's not going to lose any of the black vote, because he will.

If Romney gets 14% of the black vote, then Obama will have lost some of the black vote.

Obama acts like he'll automatically get their vote......................pompousness personified !!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
At least Romney had the stones to address the NAACP at its annual convention, unlike your Messiah, Obama.

STONES? Is that what you call it?? How about POOR ADVICE?

He wants credit? For what? Standing there looking stupid?

Today , Vice President BIDEN spoke to a ROARING CROWD FILLED WITH STANDING OVATIONS everytime BIDEN mentioned OBAMAS NAME. THe members realize that OBAMA is a busy man, and they also know he is fighting very hard for all of them. They respect OBAMA and it showed today when BIDEN spoke, unlike your ROMNEY ROBOT who stood there sticking to his prepared remarks sounding like a .99 cent wind up toy.

The clips of ROMNEY getting booed will make campaign ads for months to come. I cant wait.

I hope he decides to come to another minority function sometime in the near future!

Like bringing a pigeon to a cat.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamabastic !!

Obama has to pull out all the dirty tricks he learned in Chicago politics......lie, call the other side racists, make up things......because he certainly can't defend his record of the past 3.5 years.

Well, there are some who won't be distracted from the truth and all the smoke and mirror tactics won't hide the fact that he's not a leader.

upsgrunt

STONES?

Today , Vice President BIDEN spoke to a ROARING CROWD FILLED WITH STANDING OVATIONS everytime BIDEN mentioned OBAMAS NAME. THe members realize that OBAMA is a busy man, and they also know he is fighting very hard for all of them. They respect OBAMA and it showed today when BIDEN spoke, unlike your ROMNEY ROBOT who stood there sticking to his prepared remarks sounding like a .99 cent wind up toy.

Could you actually keep a straight face when you typed this?
You have your nose so far up Barry's ass, if he signed a bill that mandated we all eat our own ****, you'd twist that into a revelation as well.

bbsam

Staff member
You have your nose so far up Barry's ass, if he signed a bill that mandated we all eat our own ****, you'd twist that into a revelation as well.
I don't know about a bill, but it's ok with me if you eat poop.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

YA, I meant it. BIDEN WAS AWESOME TODAY at the NAACP.

Heres CENK's take on ROMNEY followed by BIDENS AWESOME SPEECH!

Cenk to Joe Williams: Romney's #NAACP fail looks a lot like redemption for ex-Politico reporter - YouTube

2012 NAACP Convention - Joe Biden - YouTube

Congrats JOE on a great speech!

Peace

TOS

brett636

I guess it depends if you have insurance or not !

“Not only do people get good care, but the great majority of Canadians get good care, whereas in some other countries, particularly the U.S., there are considerable variations in the standard of care. The best care may be very good, but it is not quite as equitably distributed in the whole population.’’

According to the study, Canada ranked second overall in patient survival for breast cancer, third for prostate and for colorectal cancer in women, and sixth for colorectal cancer in men.

That is not necessarily true. I know someone personally who was diagnosed with cancer while unemployed and without insurance. This person is now cancer free thanks to the wonderful care they recieved right in their own hometown.

Depends on the type of cancer. I'll toss this out just to get you started:

cancersurvival.jpg

I'm somewhat leery of a chart that shows Cuba at the top of cancer survival rates. Not to mention the fact that those who have the means in other countries come to the U.S. for their cancer treatments. Why do people who can go anywhere in the world, including Cuba, for treatment choose the U.S.? Perhaps they don't care for hospitals where goats and chickens roam the hallways and you have to provide your own toilet paper.

klein

You know, it's no big secret that Cuba has the best doctors in the world !
That's just common knowlege, that you probably lack.

How should you know anyway ?
I would even go further than that - and say they (the average Cuban) are much more educated than the average North American.
Where else in the world can you go where people speak 3-4 languages fluent ?