Babagounj

Strength through joy
obama-didnt-shoot-osama.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: Obamanation here today

WTF???

Did you watch the video?? its 7 minutes long, and it was only interupted 3 times for clapping ( no chants of 4 more years during those interuptions) and at eh 6 1/2 minute mark, OBAMA stops everyone for a moment of silence and prayer. At the 7 minute mark, the crowd cheers as OBAMA says goodbye and then CHEERS 4 more years 4 more years as he walks off.

What did you watch?

GUTTER Garbage gives you this headline and opinion, and thats the new thought in your head for the day:

Video: Obama Supporters Hoot And Holler Through His Remembrance Speech For Victims Of Colorado Movie Shooting – Update Chant “Four More Years”….

What a disgrace.

What is a disgrace, is that websites like GUTTER GARBAGE exist on the internet.

Peace

TOS

UPS Lifer

Baba,
Thanks for posting. It helps bring out the trolls. I saw the speech live and in no way feel that there was any intent to show disgrace. Many of those folks may not even have known that there was a massacre that took place. They came for support of the occupier of the White House. It was very understandable that they would want to share their support for him. BO did a very nice tribute and I would give him a solid A for it.

Here is what infuriates me. If it were Romney who had the same speech and the same exact audience, what would the headlines on the left be this morning? Just airbrush BO out and add Romney in and what kind of scurrilous comments would you find out there? I can tell you the trolls would be out there calling for treason and imprisonment and blaming ignorant backwards inbreds of the Republican party for what took place. You know I am not far off base on this....

And who would be leading the charge right here on BC?

Unfortunately this occupier and his administration have done more to divide this country than any American President I can think of in my lifetime. The extreme left and right are going at each other like we have never seen before....AND we have Chicago style politics on the national scene. The Chicago team did not need to do this 4 years ago but now all bets are off. You ain't seen notin yet!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Baba,
Thanks for posting. It helps bring out the trolls. I saw the speech live and in no way feel that there was any intent to show disgrace. Many of those folks may not even have known that there was a massacre that took place. They came for support of the occupier of the White House. It was very understandable that they would want to share their support for him. BO did a very nice tribute and I would give him a solid A for it.

Here is what infuriates me. If it were Romney who had the same speech and the same exact audience, what would the headlines on the left be this morning? Just airbrush BO out and add Romney in and what kind of scurrilous comments would you find out there? I can tell you the trolls would be out there calling for treason and imprisonment and blaming ignorant backwards inbreds of the Republican party for what took place. You know I am not far off base on this....

And who would be leading the charge right here on BC?

Unfortunately this occupier and his administration have done more to divide this country than any American President I can think of in my lifetime. The extreme left and right are going at each other like we have never seen before....AND we have Chicago style politics on the national scene. The Chicago team did not need to do this 4 years ago but now all bets are off. You ain't seen notin yet!!!

I love it, CHICAGO STYLE POLITICS, and you think you form your own opinion? Living in CALI then the desert, but youre an expert on CHICAGO STYLE POLITICS?

Gee, ever hear the word RHETORIC?

Monkey see monkey do.

Boehner on the White House & Democrats Chicago-Style Politics - YouTube

Peace

TOS

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll

UPS Lifer, You live in AZ, don't you see it around you? You can't spell crazy without AZ. I see you are in the heart of crazyville, up in Sedona. Maybe Mercury is in retrograde and the moon is in the 7th house.

The only criticism I've seen is of that fool Gohmert. I will level some criticism of you, though. Your use of 'occupier' is sort of a dog whistle, and I find it offensive. Your words would carry more veritas if you didn't use denigrating phrases. If you object to President Obama's policies, point out why, and if you believe so, why Gov Romney would be better. You would think a grown man who rose through the ranks of a major company could be better at communicating his thoughts in an intelligent way, without resorting to innuendo.

As far as dividing the country, I would place the blame on those in the opposition who would destroy the country to destroy one man. I'm pretty sure that it is the corporatist wing of the GOP, led by Norquist, Rove, Limbaugh (how did you guys ever come up with him, really, I'd love to know), and 20 really rich people ('Corporations are people, my friend") that is leading the charge. I totally understand why the top 5% can justify backing this plan, from a financial point of view. Hell, I don't want my dividends taxed, either. I would agree to it after a threshold of yearly income is reached, though. Say income of $250k/year. I can live very comfortably on that. I'm not into conspicuous consumption.

At any rate, these will be interesting times. My bet is Willard drops out for 'personal (tax) reasons', and the GOP brings up Jebb as the nominee. You better hope that happens if you are happy with the current direction of the GOP, because Romney will be beaten badly, and some under tickets may just tag along.

tldr; jebb>willard

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

Via Politico:
The ranks of America’s poor are on track to climb to levels unseen in nearly half a century, erasing gains from the war on poverty in the 1960s amid a weak economy and fraying government safety net.

Census figures for 2011 will be released this fall in the weeks ahead of the November elections.
The Associated Press surveyed more than a dozen economists, think tanks and academics, both nonpartisan and those with known liberal or conservative leanings, and found a broad consensus: The official poverty rate will rise from 15.1 percent in 2010, climbing as high as 15.7 percent. Several predicted a more modest gain, but even a 0.1 percentage point increase would put poverty at the highest since 1965.

Poverty is spreading at record levels across many groups, from underemployed workers and suburban families to the poorest poor. More discouraged workers are giving up on the job market, leaving them vulnerable as unemployment aid begins to run out. Suburbs are seeing increases in poverty, including in such political battlegrounds as Colorado, Florida and Nevada, where voters are coping with a new norm of living hand to mouth.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Subject: Fwd: Fw: Ben Stein....very interesting.....

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured, but not everyone must prove they are a citizen." Ben Stein

WE'VE FIGURED HIM OUT!

By Ben Stein

Why was President Barack Obama in such a hurry to get his socialized medicine bill passed? Because he and his cunning circle realize some basic truths:

The American people in their unimaginable kindness and trust voted for a pig in a poke in 2008. (Pig in a poke means: an offering or deal that is foolishly accepted without being examined first. A poke means sack.)

They wanted so much to believe Barack Obama was somehow better and different from other ultra-leftists that they simply took him on faith.

They ignored his anti-white writings in his books.

They ignored his quiet acceptance of hysterical anti-American diatribes by his minister, Jeremiah Wright.

They ignored his refusal to explain years at a time of his life as a student.
They ignored his ultra-left record as a "community organizer," Illinois state legislator, and Senator.

The American people ignored his total zero of an academic record as a student and teacher, his complete lack of scholarship when he was being touted as a scholar.

Now, the American people are starting to wake up to the truth. Barack Obama is a super likeable super leftist, and not a fan of this country.

The American people have already awakened to the truth that the stimulus bill -- a great idea in theory -- was really an immense bribe to Democrat interest groups, and in no way helped all Americans.

The American people already know that Mr. Obama's plan to lower health costs while expanding coverage and bureaucracy is a myth, a promise of something that never was and never can be --
"a bureaucracy lowering costs in a free society." Either the costs go up or the free society goes away... an historical truth.

These are perilous times. Mrs. Hillary Clinton, our Secretary of State, has given Iran the go-ahead to have nuclear weapons, an unqualified betrayal of the nation. Now, we face a devastating loss of freedom at home in health care. It will be joined by controls on our lives to "protect us" from global warming, itself largely a fraud, if believed to be caused by man. She has also signed on to a Small Firearms Treaty at the U.N. This is a back door gun control move. This is approved by the Senate and a 2nd Amendment majority doesn't exist in the Senate now. It will supersede all U.S. Law and the 2nd Amendment. All citizen possession will be eliminated through confiscation…Just Like Great Britain and Australia.

Mr. Obama knows Americans are getting wise and will stop him if he delays at all in taking away our freedoms. There is his urgency and our opportunity. Once freedom is lost, America is lost. Wake up, beloved America .

Ben Stein is a writer, economist, and lawyer living in Beverly Hills and Malibu . He writes "Ben Stein's Diary" for every issue of The American Spectator.

You must, as an American, FORWARD this, or you will wake up one morning and your freedoms will be GONE...No longer there!

UPS Lifer

Roadrunner,

You find my use of "occupier" offensive. I find the policies of the person who occupies the White House offensive. The President of the United States needs to be President of all Americans. All I see is a person who tries to divide Americans using class warfare etc etc. He disparages the Office of the Presidency. I only wish I could say that I respect him as President. I am sorry but I cannot say that. I have a lot of respect for him as a husband and a father but NOT as the leader of the free world and more importantly as the leader of our nation.

I gather you won't be spending much time up here in crAZy Sedona, anytime soon. I am very OK with that! When the liberals tried to boycott Arizona after SB 1070, no damage was done. "Crazyville" as you call Sedona is a VERY liberal city - so I guess the term fits well!

I don't post comments to change your mind about who you are going to vote for or anyone else for that matter. I am blowing off steam and giving my POV...nothing else. Most people that take the time to post on these political threads already have strong points of view. I would have to be crAZy to think I could change anyone's mind!!

UPS Lifer

Letter to the trolls,

I have first hand knowledge of Chicago politics. My father ran the Republican Congressional campaign in the 7th District in Chicago. A very good friend of mine was the 9th District Republican Congressional nominee in 1994. I bet that puts me a tad closer to CHICAGO POLITICS than you might think. Sorry to disappoint you trolls out there.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Letter to the trolls,

I have first hand knowledge of Chicago politics. My father ran the Republican Congressional campaign in the 7th District in Chicago. A very good friend of mine was the 9th District Republican Congressional nominee in 1994. I bet that puts me a tad closer to CHICAGO POLITICS than you might think. Sorry to disappoint you trolls out there.

Whatever floats your boat.

When you have something original to post other than the days talking points of FOX SPEWS and Right wing radio, let us know.

peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member

The chances of this being a coincidence are somewhere between slim and none.

Via WSJ:
This column has already told the story of Frank VanderSloot, an Idaho businessman who last year contributed to a group supporting Mitt Romney. An Obama campaign website in April sent a message to those who’d donate to the president’s opponent. It called out Mr. VanderSloot and seven other private donors by name and occupation and slurred them as having “less-than-reputable” records.

Mr. VanderSloot has since been learning what it means to be on a presidential enemies list. Just 12 days after the attack, the Idahoan found an investigator digging to unearth his divorce records. This bloodhound—a recent employee of Senate Democrats—worked for a for-hire opposition research firm.

Now Mr. VanderSloot has been targeted by the federal government. In a letter dated June 21, he was informed that his tax records had been “selected for examination” by the Internal Revenue Service. The audit also encompasses Mr. VanderSloot’s wife, and not one, but two years of past filings (2008 and 2009).

Mr. VanderSloot, who is 63 and has been working since his teens, says neither he nor his accountants recall his being subject to a federal tax audit before. He was once required to send documents on a line item inquiry into his charitable donations, which resulted in no changes to his taxes. But nothing more—that is until now, shortly after he wrote a big check to a Romney-supporting Super PAC.

Two weeks after receiving the IRS letter, Mr. VanderSloot received another—this one from the Department of Labor. He was informed it would be doing an audit of workers he employs on his Idaho-based cattle ranch under the federal visa program for temporary agriculture workers.