President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanation here today

It's Obama's first presidential anniversary. The traditional 1st anniversary gift is paper. So, I'm going to send him a pink slip.

moreluck

golden ticket member

With the State of the Union address coming up soon....what will Obama claim he has done this year ??

He's gonna need some really good writers for that speech.....Maybe some of the unemployed Conan writers can help out.

I hope the teleprompter breaks.....uh, er, uh, er, uh, er, hmm.....

He's going to claim he is fixing the "problems" with the banks. Yet he isn't addressing the problems. And claim he is going to work on unemployment. It will be a lot of campaigning and empty promises.

Jobs must not have been a problem in the great depression. Since "we are in the worst recession since the great depression." and jobs haven't been a priority.

He won't say:

Next year I am raising everyones taxes. Tax corporations and the rich to slow job growth. Tax the banks so there will be lass lending. Tax the middle class to slow retail spending. Tax the poor by 50% because they have been getting a free ride for too long.

Layoffs announced so far in 2010 from America's largest 500 public companies. TOTAL 71,188

DateCompanyTotal Laid OffIndustry 01/22/2010 AMR2,129Transportation 01/22/2010Tyson Foods 600Food 01/21/2010Smithfield Foods1,450Food 01/21/2010Xerox2,750Business Services 01/15/2010 Precision Castparts 105 Defense 01/15/2010 Boeing11,304Aerospace & Defense 01/15/2010BB&T244Banking 01/13/2010General Dynamics1,979Aerospace 01/12/2010Merck16,000Pharmaceuticals 01/12/2010Avon Products3,242Household 01/8/2010United Parcel Service1,800Transportation 01/6/2010UAL 1,100Transportation 01/6/2010Lockheed Martin2,340Aerospace & Defense 01/05/2010AT&T12,160Telecommunications 01/4/2010 Alcoa13,985Durables

moreluck

golden ticket member

Saw on the internet that Haiti is without a government. To help out, I am donating one Obama, one Pelosi, one Reid, one Frank, one Coakley and two Clintons! They may keep them permanently! I'd give them a constitution; but I can't find mine right now! ~~~

Babagounj

Strength through joy

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ose-43-states-last-month/?feat=home_headlines
Friday, January 22, 2010
Unemployment rose in 43 states

By Christopher S. Rugaber ASSOCIATED PRESS
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Unemployment rates rose in 43 states last month, the government said Friday, painting a bleak picture of the job market that illustrated nationwide data released two weeks ago.
The rise in joblessness was a sharp change from November, when 36 states said their unemployment rates fell. Four states -- South Carolina, Delaware, Florida and North Carolina -- reported record-high jobless rates in December.
New Jersey's rate, meanwhile, rose to a 33-year high of 10.1 percent while New York's reached a 26-year high of 9 percent.
Analysts said the report showed the economy is recovering at too weak a pace to generate consistent job creation.
"A lot of states that had started to add jobs (in November) gave up those gains in December," said Sophia Koropeckyj, managing director at Moody's Economy.com.
Texas and Georgia lost more jobs in December than they had gained the previous month, she noted, while Arizona and South Carolina lost nearly as many as they had gained.
That is consistent with nationwide trends. Employers shed a net total of 85,00 jobs in December, the government said earlier this month, after notching a small gain of 4,000 jobs in November.
In another nationwide trend, long-suffering states like California and Michigan saw their jobless rates stabilize even as they continued to bleed jobs. That's because thousands of frustrated workers gave up hunting for work and dropped out of the labor force, which means they aren't included in the unemployment rate.
California lost 38,800 jobs. But its unemployment rate was unchanged at 12.4 percent, the fifth-highest in the nation. That's because 107,000 people, or 0.6 percent of the state's workforce, gave up and stopped job-hunting.
Michigan shed 15,700 jobs, but 31,000 people left the labor force. That caused the state's jobless rate to fall slightly, to 14.6 percent from 14.7 percent. Michigan has the nation's highest unemployment rate.
Nationally, more than 600,000 people left the labor force in December, according to government data. The large exodus from the labor force indicates that "unemployment is a lot worse than the numbers suggest," Koropeckyj said.

P

pickup

cheryl, the software fix didn't take hold, the right wing nut jobs are still able to post.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

cheryl, the software fix didn't take hold, the right wing nut jobs are still able to post.

But she made it so the left wing nut jobs could do the same...Equal rights for all the nut jobs!!:happy-very:

Last edited:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

my error, its 11,200 mostly part timers

Wow, I just saw that on the news on T.V. (usually get my news from the internet or radio) as it is on in the background as I take in this new BrownCafe world...

You'd think jobs would be a priority by now...Oh well, 10% unemployment and counting....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

my error, its 11,200 mostly part timers

Most of the positions are the folks who prepare and distribute food samples. This task is being farmed out and the hope is that the new company will hire most if not all of the folks who are being displaced. The remaining 1,200 positions are in member recruiting and this will be handled in house. Sam's Club is the least profitable arm of WalMart and they are trying to streamline so as to better compete with Costco.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Listed on Fox News, the 5 best jobs in a tough economy. #1 was an R.N. #3 was a UPS driver.....not a delivery driver or a FedEx driver, but a UPS driver! I don't remember the others, but I think it was a Forbes list.

diesel96

Most of the positions are the folks who prepare and distribute food samples. This task is being farmed out and the hope is that the new company will hire most if not all of the folks who are being displaced. The remaining 1,200 positions are in member recruiting and this will be handled in house. Sam's Club is the least profitable arm of WalMart and they are trying to streamline so as to better compete with Costco.

I heard this was the case also Upstate. You gotta wonder why some people would post just half the story. IMO just to pile on bad news to the Obama Administration.....

tieguy

Banned

I heard this was the case also Upstate. You gotta wonder why some people would post just half the story. IMO just to pile on bad news to the Obama Administration.....

post half the story? as you did with the teabagger thread where you ignored the liberal influence on those events?