President Obama!

wkmac

"Be forewarned that there's nothing more insecure than a political promise." - Harry Browne

From January 2008'

Obama: No warrantless wiretaps if you elect me

The front-running Democrat in the New Hampshire primary makes the promise in one last stump speech at an election day rally with the Facebook generation.
by Anne Broache
January 8, 2008 1:16 PM PST

obama1.jpg

Sen. Barack Obama slams President Bush's warrantless wiretap program at Dartmouth College in his last public appearance before the polls close here in New Hampshire.

(Credit: Declan McCullagh/News.com )

HANOVER, N.H.--Barack Obama may be leading the Democratic presidential pack in every major poll here, but that didn't dissuade the Illinois senator from a final early-morning rally with the Facebook generation.

Clearly not content to leave their votes to the whims of online politicking, the Illinois senator stepped onto a stage fashioned in a Dartmouth College gymnasium, pulled an index card from his inside jacket pocket, and launched into a familiar set of talking points centered on what has become a familiar theme for his campaign: change and hope.

"My job this morning is to be so persuasive...that a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany, and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Barack," he told a crowd of about 300 Ivy Leaguers--and, by the looks of it, a handful of locals who managed to gain access to what was supposed to be a students-only event.

For one thing, under an Obama presidency, Americans will be able to leave behind the era of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and "wiretaps without warrants," he said. (He was referring to the lingering legal fallout over reports that the National Security Agency scooped up Americans' phone and Internet activities without court orders, ostensibly to monitor terrorist plots, in the years after the September 11 attacks.)

It's hardly a new stance for Obama, who has made similar statements in previous campaign speeches, but mention of the issue in a stump speech, alongside more frequently discussed topics like Iraq and education, may give some clue to his priorities.

source

So tell me again how electing someone different makes a damn!

island1fox

By the end of George Bush's term I honestly had Bush fatigue. I was tired of the "nation building" and all the negative crap in the media --I felt it was time for him to go.

I have realized that I have the EXACT same feeling about President Obama --sadly after the first six months of his second term. The coverups, the scandals , the dishonesty, the arrogance and the media kiss up are all sickening.

The only ray of sunshine is that I am enjoying retirement and the next three in a half years will feel like a century !!
:happy-very:

wkmac

By the end of George Bush's term I honestly had Bush fatigue. I was tired of the "nation building" and all the negative crap in the media --I felt it was time for him to go.

I have realized that I have the EXACT same feeling about President Obama --sadly after the first six months of his second term. The coverups, the scandals , the dishonesty, the arrogance and the media kiss up are all sickening.

The only ray of sunshine is that I am enjoying retirement and the next three in a half years will feel like a century !!
:happy-very:

You raise a good point about both Bush and Obama. Neither were perfect but in the case of Bush he did talk about "No More Nation Building" in the 2000' campaign and that sounded good and promising. Yet we got just the opposite.

Obama did talk about healthcare and it's no secret the healthcare system was/still is friend'ed up and I knew republicans had nothing better to offer on that issue but the talk of scaling back aggressive wars and the surveil state did at least sound good. Yet again we got just the opposite.

All the while the voterbots who voted for each blindly defend their man in the face of evidence and no amount of it would at least make them stop and think. Both Bush and Obama gave reason to be hopeful but then both did just the opposite. Even Reagan broke the faith when you actually go back and listen to his campaign speeches in 76' and 80' and I wildly supported Reagan in 76' and 80'.

I've concluded it's not so much the person as it's just the nature of the office itself. It just flat out serves other interests and not that of the voting public. Both republicans and democrats alike voted for their man based on the words of the campaign promise and when broken they defend to the death their man not because they agree but because they've been conditioned to fear the other party never realizing it's all the same thing because the same interests control both sides. This goes for the Congress as well.

Trick for example would argue that we should fear Obama because he's going to bring Sharia law to the land and TOS would argue under a republican that every person not white would be fleeing for their lives yet we've never seen the first hint of either nor do I expect too. The President regardless of party is nothing more than a "yes" man, a face on the screen who reads prepared scripts on every issue as a means to assure us that someone is in control. Someone is but not who we think or want it to be and as George Carlin said "it's not us because we ain't in the club!"

IMO, when we start to realize this and accept it, then the potential to turn the country in not only cross partisan lines but in a potential positive direction may start to emerge. We want problems solved regardless of what we believe but the only thing that keeps powerful people in power is for us to think we are overwhelmed with problems, fear kicks in and then we seek the so-called experts to save us. It's a vicious circle that only feeds on itself. Well I'm not feeding the MFer as best I can anymore.

:peaceful:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I can only hope I'm wrong. As I hoped before this administrations first term, but haven't been proven so now into its second. Given the track record of bureaucrats go sell crazy somewhere else thanks.

Too bad Jesus didn't decide we needed Mitt Romney. Then all of our issues would be solved, right? Praise Kolob!

Upsmule

I can only hope I'm wrong. As I hoped before this administrations first term, but haven't been proven so now into its second. Given the track record of bureaucrats go sell crazy somewhere else thanks.

Too bad Jesus didn't decide we needed Mitt Romney. Then all of our issues would be solved, right? Praise Kolob!

Guess we'll never know. I never wanted RinoRomney but I definitely voted for a closer resemblance of Americanism verses Marxism. A no brainer for 49% of us. For the record, I don't blame you for continuing to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic now....after all there's a social agenda at stake here.... that's all that really matters right stupid?

Upsmule

Making a pitch for Democratic candidates in 2014, President Obama told big donors in California Thursday night that Democrats favor free-market solutions and less government regulation.

“It turns out we’re pretty common-sense folks,” Mr. Obama said at a fundraiser at a private home in Palo Alto, Calif. “We believe in the free market [and] a light touch when it comes to regulations.”

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Said the most regulation passed administration in HISTORY!

WOW! Spin this one ostriches.....sheesh!

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/7/obama-tells-donors-democrats-favor-light-touch-reg/

moreluck

golden ticket member
Shocker.

Via Forbes:

Democrats continue to try to dismiss the evidence that Obamacare will dramatically increase the cost of insurance for people who buy it on their own. But on Thursday, the Ohio Department of Insurance announced that, based on the rates submitted by insurers to date, the average individual-market health insurance premium in 2014 will come in around $420, “representing an increase of 88 percent” relative to 2013. “We have warned of these increases,” said Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor in a statement. “Consumers will have fewer choices and pay much higher premiums for their health insurance starting in 2014.”

The rates that Ohio reported are proposed rates; the Department of Insurance still has to formally approve them. “A total of 14 companies proposed rates for 214 plans to the Department. Projected costs from the companies for providing coverage for the required [by Obamacare] essential health benefits ranged from $282.51 to $577.40 for individual health insurance plans.”

Upsmule

Making a pitch for Democratic candidates in 2014, President Obama told big donors in California Thursday night that Democrats favor free-market solutions and less government regulation.

“It turns out we’re pretty common-sense folks,” Mr. Obama said at a fundraiser at a private home in Palo Alto, Calif. “We believe in the free market [and] a light touch when it comes to regulations.”

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Said the most regulation passed administration in HISTORY!

WOW! Spin this one ostriches.....sheesh!

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/7/obama-tells-donors-democrats-favor-light-touch-reg/

Proof that this fool will say anything to anyone to get elected of that fat donation. Grape or cheery ostriches?

oldngray

nowhere special
I would kiss Obama if my cost was only $420 per year but there ain't no freaking way that will every happen. The costs will be MUCH higher. Unless you are on welfare and get it for free.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Warning ....O is coming to Boston today.
Expect many road closures and a lot of backed up traffic , after all he always travels with some 40 vehicles .
He has cancelled a fund rising in the Back Bay , but will still hold a rally in Roxbury .

Upsmule

C'mon you Marxist apologists! Where the hell are you on this one???????

Who the hell is this man speaking here? Surely not Barak Hussain Obama???

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!