President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
2uqm5oo.jpg

UPS Lifer

Another scandal unfolding with the CBS reporter. She is a well respected reporter. Depending who they zone in on, there could be a real sheet storm coming.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tingles said the sun ruined O's use of the teleprompter......the sun must be racist !!

The magic is long gone.

Via TWS:
The White House pool report reveals that only 6,000 will be in attendance for Obama’s Berlin speech today:

“The stage for the president’s speech is set up on the East side of the Brandenburg Gate, in the old East Berlin. The sun is pounding down and there are around 6,000 invited guests according to German authorities. There are bleachers set up either side of the square, with a big two storey riser facing the stage which has a row of bullet proof glass and 12 US, German and EU flags and the grand backdrop of the Gate. There is a large standing crowd between the bleachers.”

Last time around, when Obama delivered a speech in Berlin in the 2008 presidential campaign, when he was still a senator, 200,000 folks came out to see him.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Tingles said the sun ruined O's use of the teleprompter......the sun must be racist !!

The magic is long gone.

Via TWS:
The White House pool report reveals that only 6,000 will be in attendance for Obama’s Berlin speech today:

“The stage for the president’s speech is set up on the East side of the Brandenburg Gate, in the old East Berlin. The sun is pounding down and there are around 6,000 invited guests according to German authorities. There are bleachers set up either side of the square, with a big two storey riser facing the stage which has a row of bullet proof glass and 12 US, German and EU flags and the grand backdrop of the Gate. There is a large standing crowd between the bleachers.”

Last time around, when Obama delivered a speech in Berlin in the 2008 presidential campaign, when he was still a senator, 200,000 folks came out to see him.

Only 6000? Romney didnt have 6000 in attendance in all his speeches COMBINED in the USA. Id say 6000 is plenty of people to listen to the president.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Only 6000? Romney didnt have 6000 in attendance in all his speeches COMBINED in the USA. Id say 6000 is plenty of people to listen to the president.

Peace

TOS
Last I looked Romney is not the preezy!!

Scott Disick didn't have 6000 at his last appearance either.....makes as much sense as what you said.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

The magic is long gone.

Via TWS:

i am wondering how many US Citizens would be present to hear a speech from Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel( i'm giving big odds that 99 out of a 100 americans couldn't even NAME Germany's Chancellor) bet it would be WAY under 6,000!! like maybe........6?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"relatively small crowd...."....................description by Chris Wallace reporting on O's speech today.

"deflated performance"......didn't catch the guy's name who said that.

Of all the hot topics he talks of nuclear disarmament. Puhleese!!!

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
From January 2008'

source

So tell me again how electing someone different makes a damn!

You have always seemed the type to be able to understand the spoken word, so I am confused over you statement...

"So tell me again how electing someone different makes a damn!" ~ You.

In his speech that you posted, OBAMA is talking about "WARRANTLESS WIRETAPS". There ARE NO FACTS presently, that the presidents NSA conducted any WARRANTLESS wiretaps and in FACT, all the NSA's actions have been legal under both the Patriot act and the Protect America act both passed by the republicans.

So, if you are attempting to prove that obama didnt keep his word, then you are wrong. He has not conducted warrantless wiretaps as BUSH/CHENEY were doing and that separates Obama from both of those WAR CRIMINALS.

FROM YOUR POST
""Sen. Barack Obama slams President Bush's warrantless wiretap program at Dartmouth College in his last public appearance before the polls close here in New Hampshire.""

There is a HUGE difference WK between Obama and Bush.

Hope this helps you out.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Idiot !!

Bush would have been mocked relentlessly by the media if he did this.
Via HuffPo:
US President Barack Obama repeatedly called British finance minister George Osborne “Jeffrey” at the G8 summit, media reported on Thursday.

The US president said three times that he agreed fully with “Jeffrey” during his presentation on G8 host Britain’s plans to crack down on tax avoidance, leaving Osborne red-faced.

Realizing his blunder afterwards, Obama joked that he had mistaken Britain’s chancellor for the US soul singer Jeffrey Osborne, The Sun and the Financial Times reported.

“I’m sorry, man. I must have confused you with my favourite R and B singer,” Obama was quoted as saying.

wkmac

You have always seemed the type to be able to understand the spoken word, so I am confused over you statement...

"So tell me again how electing someone different makes a damn!" ~ You.

In his speech that you posted, OBAMA is talking about "WARRANTLESS WIRETAPS". There ARE NO FACTS presently, that the presidents NSA conducted any WARRANTLESS wiretaps and in FACT, all the NSA's actions have been legal under both the Patriot act and the Protect America act both passed by the republicans.

So, if you are attempting to prove that obama didnt keep his word, then you are wrong. He has not conducted warrantless wiretaps as BUSH/CHENEY were doing and that separates Obama from both of those WAR CRIMINALS.

FROM YOUR POST
""Sen. Barack Obama slams President Bush's warrantless wiretap program at Dartmouth College in his last public appearance before the polls close here in New Hampshire.""

There is a HUGE difference WK between Obama and Bush.

Hope this helps you out.

Peace

TOS

The same terms and conditions under Bush also exist under Obama. nothing on that account has changed. That said, if the spying was warrantless under Bush then under the same terms and conditions so to is it under Obama. That, or Obama was lying. Pick your poison.
:wink2:

Obama also said that the era of Bush and Cheney will end. You claim the so-called C-9ers deny the truth and only consider material to confirm their bias. I would argue that you are doing the very same thing. There are boatloads of great material even on the left that more than confirms that Obama is just Bush 3 and some even go so far as to say it's Bush on steroids. Many of the source links I post are in fact from self avowed left wing/progressive sources which even advocated for Obama. Just like under Bush, only the most blind and unthinking partiarches are unable to see what is taking place before their own eyes. I'll grant you a lot of the critique here against Obama is just mindless BS and the same critique could be turned back in the opposite direction and be just as valid. That said however, the Bush era has not ended so again Obama lied.

The only difference between the Bush era and the Obama era are the talking points and the narrative created. The political spin that the masses soak up so they can continue their illusions creates the appearance of difference. Yet on the ground in both policy and real action, the outcomes are all but the same. The crushing of the Occupy encampments across the land spearheaded by the Obama administration (see DailyKos and Countepunch for examples) should be proof alone but the evidence is in volumes to the point that even liberal icon Chris Hedges not only calls out Obama but sued him in court over NDAA. Go to Black Agenda Report and read Glen Ford or my own fellow hometowner in Bruce A. Dixon who routinely calls down Obama for his Bushlike actions.

Even voices in the African American community are starting to speak up in saying even George Bush would never have taken war into the heart of Africa like Obama has with the military's Africom which now has some footprint in 53 African nations meaning all of Africa but Egypt. And the number of African nations can be a moving target. Of course we'll say we're bringing roses but in time they'll learn the hard way it's nothing but poison weeds that spreads like Kudzu! Funny what having the appearance of a Black President can do in advancing Anglo-American hegemony. HmmmmMMMM?

One of the favorite issues of democrats is fear of privatization and some of that critique has merit. Yet the privatization of the war on terror has in fact grown under Obama and yet I hear so little condemnation from the democrat partiarches over this affront. And speaking of privatization, a recent piece by Robert Scheer over at Truthdig, (both having solid liberal street cred) calls into question the current use of private companies to gather data in what he titled, "The Terror Con". Oh looky, The Carlyle Group, another Bush family venture. So why has Obama not shut this down if the days of Cheney and Bush are over?

Divorce yourself from partiarchy and it's so much easier to see. It's just 2 wings of the same bird of prey!

And yes, I DO NOT SEE ANY REAL DIFFERENCE between Obama and Bush because I look at outcomes and policy advancements over time and not words and rhetoric of the moment.

TOS, stay on the porch with your C-9ers cause you ain't ready to run with the big dogs!
:peaceful: