President Obama!

UPS Lifer

For a program that no one wants, it sure seems to be popular. The folks I know that have waited out the web pages say the savings are substantial.

HA HA HA HA! - Those "folks" are 24 years old and they are on their parents healthcare plan. YEP! I gots to agreeze with ya! The savings are substantial. HA HA HA HA!

UPS Lifer

obama is my hero! I can't wait to sit my grand children down and tell them about his historic legacy and explain to them why they are having to learn Chinese in school. :foamfinger:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
vx0mtf.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Letters popping up all over now.......

Via San Jose Mercury News:
Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law.

Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

“Welcome to the club,” said Robert Laszewksi, a prominent health care consultant and president of Health Policy and Strategy Associates in Virginia.
For years, the nation has been embroiled in the political rhetoric of “Obamacare,” but this past week the reality of the new law sank in as millions of Americans had their first good look at how the 3 1/2-year-old legislation will affect their pocketbook

moreluck

golden ticket member
With all that's going on in the world today, the president chose to comment that maybe the Redskins should change their name.

Yet he never mentions the Chicago Blackhawks changing theirs.

That makes one person.

Via The Hill:
White House press secretary Jay Carney said Monday he was “proud” of President Obama for saying over the weekend he would “think about changing” the name of the Washington Redskins.

Carney noted he was a longtime Redskins fan and a native-born Washingtonian.

“I was proud of my president on this issue,” the press secretary said.

He also said that he did not believe Obama had called Redskins owner Dan Snyder to discuss the name.

Carney is a personal friend of the NFL owner, according to a financial disclosure form released in 2011.
In that document, Carney describes receiving a pair of tickets to watch two separate Redskins games in the owner’s suite. The disclosure refers to Snyder as a “long-time personal friend

cynic

Or the Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves, or Chicago Blackhawks.

Seems Native Americans are the only ethnic group that can be racially slurred and no other ethnic group seems to care. Our US ancestors stole their land, treated them like ****, and the abuse continues without comment - why?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
With all that's going on in the world today, the president chose to comment that maybe the Redskins should change their name.

Yet he never mentions the Chicago Blackhawks changing theirs.

Understanding what you are talking about would help your thought process. There is a big difference between the words BLACKHAWK and REDSKINS.

Black Hawks are a tribe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hawk_(chief)

REDSKINS is a demeaning word as there is no tribe called the REDSKINS.

I imagine you would feel comfortable with a southern state team featuring a black mans face and calling the team "the alabama N-words"...

The Washington Warriors would suffice and the team logo wouldnt have to be changed. The word "WARRIORS" would honor the american indian and not use a racially negative term to describe an Indian.

Just because someone was around in the cowboys and indians days, doesnt mean its ok to use the term today.

peace

TOS

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Letters popping up all over now.......

Via San Jose Mercury News:
Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law.

Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

“Welcome to the club,” said Robert Laszewksi, a prominent health care consultant and president of Health Policy and Strategy Associates in Virginia.
For years, the nation has been embroiled in the political rhetoric of “Obamacare,” but this past week the reality of the new law sank in as millions of Americans had their first good look at how the 3 1/2-year-old legislation will affect their pocketbook

Funny how RUSH LIMBAUGH ran this story today on the air, and then you post it here...

FALSE STORIES.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Funny how RUSH LIMBAUGH ran this story today on the air, and then you post it here...

FALSE STORIES.

Peace

TOS
We received a letter....Rush never discussed it. Unless you rec'd a letter too, you have no personal knowledge of this.
The letters are popping up all over.....people being dropped from their coverage and offered another at a higher rate. Some people can't keep their plan even if they liked it....they are being dropped. So Obama lied like the snake oil salesman that he is.