President Obama!

bbsam

Staff member
Re: Obamanation here today

the liberals had to know something was wrong in order to fix it. With Pelosi leading the charge they were lucky if they found their way to work each day. Accomplishing something while there was too much to ask. Heck Obama sat in a church pew for 20 years listening to reverend wright badmouth his country and didnt realize there was something wrong with the message. Now you expect them to detect complicated issues like an economy crashing? jeez the nerver of it all:happy2:
Careful tie. Almost sounds like you're giving the liberals credit for something. I'm sure that can't be the case though.

lastoasis

they should have just extended Medicare coverage to everyone and allowed Medicare to negotiate the price of pharmaceuticals.

does anyone know how much per hour the company pays the union for health and welfare?

moreluck

golden ticket member
It will pass.....even though it's unconstitutional. Obama's order is only as good as the......nevermind.......it's a wasted move and if you're one of Stupek's people, he sold you out!!!

klein

Für Meno :)
they should have just extended Medicare coverage to everyone and allowed Medicare to negotiate the price of pharmaceuticals.

does anyone know how much per hour the company pays the union for health and welfare?

Not per hr, but the average national for Employer's monthly constribution is $1155 per month.
about $7 per hr. Thats the average though from all companies and insurance programs.

upsgrunt

If it's not good enough for Obama, congress, and their families, then it isn't good enough for me. If it passes I will do my part to make sure every single member of congress is voted out.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The Right wing had one year of blockage and mis-information and yet, in less than 3 hours, the Dems in congress will pass the new health care legislation without a single member of the right wing's help.

All the blowhards who spoke today on the right wing had nothing to offer but the same old garbage of "unconsitutional", "un-american", "too expensive", "big goverment", "takeovers"...blah blah blah...

They spoke of "sick" americans without health insurance as "sob-stories", then repeated it on air on FAUX NOISE all day. The republicans got called out by the president when they had a meeting a couple of weeks ago, republicans had a "chance" to bring forward their ideas and solutions, yet, only a handful took the time to actually ofer some.

This bill and issue, which has been debated for decades, will pass with a majority beyond the 216 votes minimum.

Maybe if any of you actually took the time to read this bill, you will see that the Republicans in the house are full of hot air.

As for us at UPS, do any of you believe that under this new health care bill, they would then ask us to pay a portion of the costs? If you do, then you dont know DIDDLY about negotiations.

UPS has tried to get its hourlies to pay for part of health care for years! This bill will change nothing. UPS will ask again in 2013 with or without this bill, so lets not jump on the republican bandwagon and make a claim that will happen no matter what happens to this bill.

Example: the republicans claim this bill will make health premiums higher, unfortunately, health premiums would have risen without this bill to the tune of 50% higher. Now, this bill will prevent the insurance companies from EVER raising premiums to a 50% level.

Let's get it straight, the republicans dragged this out for a year, thought they had it stalled, organized teaparty buffoons to raid town hall meetings only to come up short, and this bill LAW.

Sorry right wingers, YOU LOSE.

The party of NO, will watch as health care reform passes easily.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If it's not good enough for Obama, congress, and their families, then it isn't good enough for me. If it passes I will do my part to make sure every single member of congress is voted out.

PSSST Grunt,

This is exactly the type of health care, congress, senate and white house has. Maybe a course in politics may help you understand what you need to know before making a foolish statement.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It will pass.....even though it's unconstitutional. Obama's order is only as good as the......nevermind.......it's a wasted move and if you're one of Stupek's people, he sold you out!!!

Aww Moreluck,

all the fox news and all you can offer is a repetition of on air claims.

How about backing anything up in your post. Please, demonstrate which part of the constitution this violates. I am sure your extensive legal background will yield us something we can rally behind.

Peace.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
It will slowly pass although it needed lots of special deals for the dems that held out. It will add to the debt regardless of what the Obama koolaid drinkers believe. This is just another screw put into the hard working American that wants less goverment interference. Its good for the freeloaders that like to have someone hold there hand from cradle to the grave. Just like every other govement program it will cost more than what they tell you and will be loaded with fraud, waste and abuse. In the end the quality of our health care will go down hill.

Oh and dont forget...taxes will be going up...unless your a freeloader.

Oh and just so i can be like some of my lefty friends...peace.:peaceful:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
TOS . just in case you missed the latest local news from the Massachusetts , which this healthcare bill is modeled on, the Mass. State treasurer has stated that Mass care does not work and has financially ruined the Commonwealth of Mass. Even with mandated coverage for all, premiums keep rising and doctors keep leaving.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There have been FOIA requests to Congress & the White House to publish what deals were cut / made to pass this joke of a bill.
This" the most transparent administration" keeps claiming that they don't have to tell.

I GOT ONE MORE

The Right wing had one year of blockage and mis-information and yet, in less than 3 hours, the Dems in congress will pass the new health care legislation without a single member of the right wing's help.

All the blowhards who spoke today on the right wing had nothing to offer but the same old garbage of "unconsitutional", "un-american", "too expensive", "big goverment", "takeovers"...blah blah blah...

They spoke of "sick" americans without health insurance as "sob-stories", then repeated it on air on FAUX NOISE all day. The republicans got called out by the president when they had a meeting a couple of weeks ago, republicans had a "chance" to bring forward their ideas and solutions, yet, only a handful took the time to actually ofer some.

This bill and issue, which has been debated for decades, will pass with a majority beyond the 216 votes minimum.

Maybe if any of you actually took the time to read this bill, you will see that the Republicans in the house are full of hot air.

As for us at UPS, do any of you believe that under this new health care bill, they would then ask us to pay a portion of the costs? If you do, then you dont know DIDDLY about negotiations.

UPS has tried to get its hourlies to pay for part of health care for years! This bill will change nothing. UPS will ask again in 2013 with or without this bill, so lets not jump on the republican bandwagon and make a claim that will happen no matter what happens to this bill.

Example: the republicans claim this bill will make health premiums higher, unfortunately, health premiums would have risen without this bill to the tune of 50% higher. Now, this bill will prevent the insurance companies from EVER raising premiums to a 50% level.

Let's get it straight, the republicans dragged this out for a year, thought they had it stalled, organized teaparty buffoons to raid town hall meetings only to come up short, and this bill LAW.

Sorry right wingers, YOU LOSE.

The party of NO, will watch as health care reform passes easily.

Peace.

WOW..... the other side speaks. I guess you can assume my other other side (civility notwithstanding).

While I actually appreciated your diatribe, I actually wondered if you read the bill, all 27 hundred plus pages. Big statement.... on your part.

While I am not here to get into a pissing contest with you or any one else, let me just say .... IMO, we are all screwed. 219 to 212

brett636

Aww Moreluck,

all the fox news and all you can offer is a repetition of on air claims.

How about backing anything up in your post. Please, demonstrate which part of the constitution this violates. I am sure your extensive legal background will yield us something we can rally behind.

Peace.

So no mention of the bipartisanship opposition to this bill?

Raw

Raw Member
Even though it passed the House 219 - 212 it is far from over. The house Dems are already being thrown to the curb now that this passed last night, but now it needs fix-its to pass the Senate. Then after the fix-its it needs to pass the House again. By then the house Dems who voted for it last night will realize they won`t get re-elected in November so they will vote it down the second time and if by chance they vote it in the second time then the Senate will vote it down. It won`t pass. :wink2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Even though it passed the House 219 - 212 it is far from over. The house Dems are already being thrown to the curb now that this passed last night, but now it needs fix-its to pass the Senate. Then after the fix-its it needs to pass the House again. By then the house Dems who voted for it last night will realize they won`t get re-elected in November so they will vote it down the second time and if by chance they vote it in the second time then the Senate will vote it down. It won`t pass. :wink2:
It already passed the senate, the house passed the senate bill. It's been sent to Obama to be signed into law. They will use the budget reconciliation process for the "fix its".