President Obama!

pretender

Here's the thing, necro, Obama is just continuing what Bush started. To blame Obama is to blame Bush. If you don't acknowledge the sins of your fathers you will never be forgiven.

If Obama was allowed to initiate his policies in the way Bush was, we would not be in this toilet bowl, as you describe it.

Open your eyes to the obstuction that has defined the minority party. Our countries interests or personal interests?

I can provide pages of citations.

I didn't know we had more than one country...

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't believe you. Show me a health plan that costs $50/mo without ACA subsidies and isn't Medicare.
It was on the news this morning and the woman lives in Florida. I don't LIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On CBS This Morning, Crawford reported that 56-year-old Dianne Barrette received a letter last month “from Blue Cross Blue Shield, informing her that as of January 2014, she would lose her current plan. She pays $54 a month. The new plan she’s being offered would run $591 a month, ten times more than what she currently pays.”
“What I have right now is what I’m happy with,” Barrette says in the report, “and I just want to know why I can’t keep what I have. Why do I have to be forced into something else.”
(It might be junk health ins., but she was happy with it.)

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Fox News clears up CBS News story about perils of Obamacare

What is her cost after subsidies?

A quick search revealed this:

However, the health care law that was passed in 2010 outlined 10 essential benefits every plan has to provide: "ambulatory patient services; emergency services; hospitalization; maternity and newborn care; mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment; prescription drugs; rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices; laboratory services; preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management; and pediatric services, including oral and vision care," according to Healthcare.gov. So while you can probably keep your doctor, you can't keep you bare bones limited liability plan.
Barrette's plan didn't offer most of this. According to the same GoBlue summary mentioned earlier, and a GoBlue representative, her plan:

• Only paid "up to $50 per provider per date of service for covered services."
  • Discounted medicines, but didn't cover them. "Contraceptives and self-injectable drugs are not covered. GoBlue pays up to $5 or $15 per prescription, depending on the plan purchased."
  • Didn't cover maternity/pre-natal care or hospital visits.
Granted, a 56 YO woman doesn't need most of this, but most of us don't. I sure don't, being a male. I don't need expensive cancer or heart drugs, or any drugs, for that matter. But we are looking at the greater good, no an individual.

More:
But Dianne Barrette's new plan is 10 times as expensive!
That's true, though we don't know how much her new plan will cost her after her subsidies. More importantly, in Barrette's case you can't really compare her old plan to the new plan. Under her old limited liability plan Barrette wouldn't have been covered if she was admitted to the hospital, for instance.

Why can't we all have access, at cost, to what YOU have on Medicare?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, aren't you lucky.....a male. Wow, ever hear of prostate cancer or lung cancer or even breast cancer.....males do get that you know.
Lucky you!
The stats are 1 in 2 males will get cancer in their lifetime and 1 in 3 females.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The current debit limit is not tied to a fixed amount , but to a future date .
So one can assume that the sky is the limit .
One can easily double the amount within that time frame .

bhos saved us from a depression ...what a joke .
We are still in a recession . With less than 3% growth and massive unemployment , we as a nation are barely getting by .

bhos has no honor .
The dems are allow to say anything about anyone , with no backlash .
But should anyone who is not a dem say something like they do , all hell breaks loose.
A true leader would show some backbone & call for everyone to be civil.
But all I hear are crickets .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
bhos is coming tomorrow to Boston , to give a speech on obumacare in Faneuil Hall.
All merchants within the surrounding area have been ordered closed for the day.
We are talking about Quincy Market place and surrounding streets to be shutdown during their most profitable time with the influx of tourists due to the world series games . Just so some fool can put on a show .
Not to mention his 40 car caravan just to ride around the city.
What's his gripe against Boston ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
bhos is coming tomorrow to Boston , to give a speech on obumacare in Faneuil Hall.
All merchants within the surrounding area have been ordered closed for the day.
We are talking about Quincy Market place and surrounding streets to be shutdown during their most profitable time with the influx of tourists due to the world series games . Just so some fool can put on a show .
Not to mention his 40 car caravan just to ride around the city.
What's his gripe against Boston ?
Maybe he's a St. Louis fan. He's an idiot!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The current debit limit is not tied to a fixed amount , but to a future date .
So one can assume that the sky is the limit .
One can easily double the amount within that time frame .

bhos saved us from a depression ...what a joke .
We are still in a recession . With less than 3% growth and massive unemployment , we as a nation are barely getting by .

bhos has no honor .
The dems are allow to say anything about anyone , with no backlash .
But should anyone who is not a dem say something like they do , all hell breaks loose.
A true leader would show some backbone & call for everyone to be civil.
But all I hear are crickets .

Well I am glad you mentioned "massive" unemployment. On the day when your political hero took the oval office, unemployment sat at a flat 4%. (2000) In eight years, BUSH ran that unemployment rate up to 7.8% and rising on his last day in office. Within a short few months after leaving office, the decline of employment continued until the unemployment rate hit 10.2%. A loss of almost 11 milion jobs in 8 years and all attributed to the BUSH policies and trade deals with the WTO. Over 55 thousand factories left the USA under BUSH in 8 years and re opened in china and other pacific countries.

Now you want to place that blame on president Obama? You complain about slow growth, but how does a country rebuild its economy when we build NOTHING in this country but debt?

Every industry has left this country under republican rule and there is nothing left for the unemployed to apply for. President Obama has re engergized this country by allowing the solar industry to rise up and take hold.

The president has re energized our domestic auto industry even though people like you and moreluck continue to buy foreign cars hurting your own country.

You cannot compare the recovery with recoveries of the past. This isnt the same country. After the depression, we built roads, cities, bridges, highways, airports, ports, railways , communities and such and the recovery was huge because this country made everything ourselves.

Same after the Reagan recession, this country rebuilt with our own hands. But after three consecutive republican presidents , jobs have been lost and industries crushed leaving this country in a position where we cannot recover in the same fashion as before.

This can be blame squarely on the republican shoulders. The party of NO.

We have an infrastructure that needs serious repair, yet the GOP in congress refuses to pass a bill necessary to fix it. We need to place tariffs on imported goods, yet the GOP in congress refuses to do so.

The so called "free market" is destroying this country from the ground up and you all vote to keep doing it.

2014 is right around the corner, and the "american people" will toss out your buddies in congress and give control back to the dems in order for this country to get back on its feet without the interference of the republican party.

The only crickets you will hear in 12 short months, will be the hosts on fox news sitting there on TV wondering what happened.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member

[h=1]Most individual health policies to be cancelled
under Obamacare: report
[/h]
October 28, 2013, 7:58
PM

[h=3]By Russ Britt[/h]
NBC News is reporting that the majority of those
who purchase their insurance on the individual market will see their policies
cancelled, and that the Obama administration has known for at least three years
that would happen.

MW-BM616_Retire_MD_20131006172908.jpg

Shutterstock

A story just published on the
network’s web site
says that although
President Obama assured Americans that they could keep their health policies if
they so desired, 50% to 75% of 14 million Americans under individual policies
will get a cancellation letter because their plan is not in compliance with new
rules governing coverage.

Further, many are experiencing sticker shock
over the premiums that will be charged on their new policies. The story goes on
to quote a number of insurance experts, who say the 50% to 75% figure is
accurate. That puts the number of those forced to shift to new policies at
roughly 7 million to 10.5 million.

The law as passed in March 2010 was supposed to
grandfather in existing policies, even if they weren’t in compliance with the
law. In July of that year, though, the Department of Health and Human Services
rewrote some of the regulations, saying that if any significant part of the
policy was altered, it could not be grandfathered.

In response, the White House doesn’t dispute the
findings, but it is quoted by the story as saying that individual policy holders
will, for the most part, receive better coverage that is more affordable, thanks
to subsidies. They add there is no chance the policy can be cancelled due to
pre-existing conditions, which can often be the case with current health
plans.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
baba, Your outright lies are getting tiresome.

The debt limit is the total amount of money that the United States government is authorized to borrow to meet its existing legal obligations, including Social Security and Medicare benefits, military salaries, interest on the national debt, tax refunds, and other payments. The debt limit does not authorize new spending commitments. It simply allows the government to finance existing legal obligations that Congresses and presidents of both parties have made in the past.

MAKAVELI

It was on the news this morning and the woman lives in Florida. I don't LIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On CBS This Morning, Crawford reported that 56-year-old Dianne Barrette received a letter last month “from Blue Cross Blue Shield, informing her that as of January 2014, she would lose her current plan. She pays $54 a month. The new plan she’s being offered would run $591 a month, ten times more than what she currently pays.”
“What I have right now is what I’m happy with,” Barrette says in the report, “and I just want to know why I can’t keep what I have. Why do I have to be forced into something else.”
(It might be junk health ins., but she was happy with it.)
Sounds like a Joe the plumber.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"The president has re energized our domestic auto industry even though people like you and moreluck continue to buy foreign cars hurting your own country." (TOS)

I've already said 2/3 of my cars are Chevys pre 2004. Quit trying to make up facts !! At least they are not solar!!!