President Obama!

bbsam

Staff member
I bet you are in the vast minority. People who make enough to warrant no subsidy, probably have their employer supplied healthcare, I would guess. If I had to go through ACA, I would a gotten a small one.
but my premium did drop by $4000 a year. I don't need a subsidy from the government with those savings.

moreluck

golden ticket member
not-a-smidgen.jpg

upschuck

Not exactly. Our church recently had a capital campaign for a multimillion dollar expansion so we'll probably put it toward that for the next few years and take the tax write off.
Good for you. Just a wash on the tax write offs, but going to a better purpose.

bbsam

Staff member
Good for you. Just a wash on the tax write offs, but going to a better purpose.
We think so. Some might disagree since it is a religious body but we are convinced that being part of the church is good for us and the community. Being part of includes helping to pay the bills.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Because in order for those poor folks to have medical coverage......our's was ripped from our lives and we had to find new coverage at a much higher monthly payment and a much higher deductible.......It's working like a screen door in a submarine.
I thought you and the hubby have government coverage, medicare?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe you should consult your older friends and learn about the "donut hole" You'll rethink your "not so expensive" comment.
Medicare is about 99.00 a month depending where you live. Supplemental friend is 159.00 a month.
If you fall into the donut hole it can mean many thousands of $$$ that you have to pay in prescriptions.

Doesn't matter if you go cheap (thrifty) on the prescriptions, such as generics, or get them from Canada.....the donut hole is figured on the high cost of the drug you have been prescribed..........and you only have a @$2800.00 ceiling.
I fell into the donut hole only 2 months on Medicare.........which means I was paying full $$$ for my prescriptions. Try pricing them. Some are $500 for one month's supply.
You need to educate yourself on Medicare and the supplemental plans and especially the donut hole. It won't be long before you face the same.....trust me on that!!

roadrunner2012

Troll
I am older. I also don't use any drugs, prescription or otherwise. It pays to take care of yourself. If you were a smoker, for example, and have health issues due to that choice, you should pay more.

I just checked the cost of plans for your area. I believe you exaggerate greatly.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am older. I also don't use any drugs, prescription or otherwise. It pays to take care of yourself. If you were a smoker, for example, and have health issues due to that choice, you should pay more.

I just checked the cost of plans for your area. I believe you exaggerate greatly.
Believe anything you want.....I quoted you exactly what I pay......times it by 2....hubby pays the same. Now go away , you bother me!

moreluck

golden ticket member
@moreluck Have you looked into Part D. If you don't get into when you start medicare you have to pay penalty.
I have the "friend" plan.....the Cadillac of plans !! I don't ever plan on changing....it may not be available to jump back into. When you have bills exceeding $180,000.00.....you need the best!!

roadrunner2012

Troll
I have the "friend" plan.....the Cadillac of plans !! I don't ever plan on changing....it may not be available to jump back into. When you have bills exceeding $180,000.00.....you need the best!!
It would seem as though you might be mooching off the rest of us healthy people. If your medical bills are in excess of $1880,000/yr, I wouldn't be complaining about $159/month for the best insurance that is available. Seems like a bargain, at the expense to the rest of us.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It would seem as though you might be mooching off the rest of us healthy people. If your medical bills are in excess of $1880,000/yr, I wouldn't be complaining about $159/month for the best insurance that is available. Seems like a bargain, at the expense to the rest of us.
Your typo made it over a million!! You forget we paid into Medicare all of our working lives.....someone stole it !