President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
You didn't pay $180000 worth, did you?
As one of the smart ones who has always had med. insurance....no, I didn't pay anything, but my premiums.....except the donut hole crap.
That $180,000 is just 6 months.....the other 6 months is another $60,000.00.

So, you say you take care of yourself.........non smokers get lung cancer too.....ask Dana Reeve....oh wait you can't, she died of lung cancer never smoking a day in her life.
Listen, tragedy can strike you at any time, no matter how much you work at staying well. Believe it and thank God everyday for your health.
No one gets out alive.

bbsam

Staff member
As one of the smart ones who has always had med. insurance....no, I didn't pay anything, but my premiums.....except the donut hole crap.
That $180,000 is just 6 months.....the other 6 months is another $60,000.00.

So, you say you take care of yourself.........non smokers get lung cancer too.....ask Dana Reeve....oh wait you can't, she died of lung cancer never smoking a day in her life.
Listen, tragedy can strike you at any time, no matter how much you work at staying well. Believe it and thank God everyday for your health.
No one gets out alive.
Don't look now, but you just made the case for single payer.:)

gingerkat

It's not very expensive, either:
http://www.medicare.gov/your-medicare-costs/

I think you are making stuff up again.
Clearly RR knows nothing of Medicare and it's policies. Every person wishing to be on Medicare has to pay. If you want Medigap (the supplemental for original Medicare) you must also pay. Most people will qualify to get part A for free, just by working throughout their lifetime, but some do have to pay. Every persons choosing Part B must pay for it.

While the cost does differ to individuals, original medicare is by no means a simple thing. You still need part D (prescriptions) and most people do not understand what kind of deductibles are involved and the dreaded "donut hole".

RR, before chastising more, do your homework.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Clearly RR knows nothing of Medicare and it's policies. Every person wishing to be on Medicare has to pay. If you want Medigap (the supplemental for original Medicare) you must also pay. Most people will qualify to get part A for free, just by working throughout their lifetime, but some do have to pay. Every persons choosing Part B must pay for it.

While the cost does differ to individuals, original medicare is by no means a simple thing. You still need part D (prescriptions) and most people do not understand what kind of deductibles are involved and the dreaded "donut hole".

RR, before chastising more, do your homework.
I posted the link, which you reposted. It's a darn good deal, no matter what you qualify for.

I'm not complaining about my cheap, high quality, government supplied, health insurance, only moreluck is, and evidently you.

Moreluck claims to have nearly $250,00/year in med expenses. She pays for a miniscule part of that, thanks to our government run Medicare program.

Geesh.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I posted the link, which you reposted. It's a darn good deal, no matter what you qualify for.

I'm not complaining about my cheap, high quality, government supplied, health insurance, only moreluck is, and evidently you.

Moreluck claims to have nearly $250,00/year in med expenses. She pays for a miniscule part of that, thanks to our government run Medicare program.

Geesh.
I've only been on Medicare a relatively short time 1and( 1/2 years) ...... I paid regular-ass premiums prior to Medicare .....800-900 a month for just me and hubby was that too.
The ins. companies all bargain down the prices, but my EOBs show the original charges. Heavy medical since 2008.
Maybe you'll never have to deal with it.
I don't claim anything. I have lived it and have my proof.....which you will never see, so go hassle some other old person.........maybe a man.

gingerkat

Sure original medicare is great if you don't need much medical attention or medication. Many of our seniors are really not informed of options when it comes to Medicare and how things work. Deductibles, copays, medications all that is very confusing, especially when funds can be tight.

More, are you on original Medicare with a Medigap plan? During your open enrollment, you might benefit from seeking out a MA or MAPD (Medicare Advantage/Prescription Drug) plan that might be a little more beneficial to you. There are specific rules about union benefits etc., but many plans are zero premiums. All you will pay is the Part B.

Anyway, people just don't understand the Medicare system and think it's "all that" until you get sick and need to utilize the system.

bbsam

Staff member
Sure original medicare is great if you don't need much medical attention or medication. Many of our seniors are really not informed of options when it comes to Medicare and how things work. Deductibles, copays, medications all that is very confusing, especially when funds can be tight.

More, are you on original Medicare with a Medigap plan? During your open enrollment, you might benefit from seeking out a MA or MAPD (Medicare Advantage/Prescription Drug) plan that might be a little more beneficial to you. There are specific rules about union benefits etc., but many plans are zero premiums. All you will pay is the Part B.

Anyway, people just don't understand the Medicare system and think it's "all that" until you get sick and need to utilize the system.
That sounds like all insurance.

slingblade

It would seem as though you might be mooching off the rest of us healthy people. If your medical bills are in excess of $1880,000/yr, I wouldn't be complaining about $159/month for the best insurance that is available. Seems like a bargain, at the expense to the rest of us.

You don't think you will ever get cancer with your healthy ways of living? can you share this cancer vaccine with the rest of us?

slingblade

I am older. I also don't use any drugs, prescription or otherwise. It pays to take care of yourself. If you were a smoker, for example, and have health issues due to that choice, you should pay more.

I just checked the cost of plans for your area. I believe you exaggerate greatly.

you find a cure for cancer? Could you share your cancer vaccine with others here so we can all save the government money for healthcare?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Brother in law is on zero premium plan and has paid out over $500 so far in co-pays and it's only mid-February. Sometimes, what seems like a bargain will bite you in the can.
Some people don't care about studying for the best deal....they just pay and complain. Hubby advised his brother about this plan not being good for his situation. He went ahead and picked it anyway. Oh well, you try.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via Breitbart:
In 2009, Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) apologized profusely to the White House for shouting, “You lie!” as President Barack Obama told Congress that Obamacare would not cover illegal immigrants. Now it would appear that the White House owes Wilson an apology, as Covered California–the flagship of state Obamacare exchanges–is recruiting illegal (“undocumented”) immigrants to sign up for the program, regardless of their eligibility.

The Covered California website includes a special page entitled: “No temas si eres indocumentado/a y quieres inscribir a tu familia en un seguro médico” (“Fear not if you are undocumented and want to enroll your family in health insurance”). The website goes on to explain that information shared with Obamacare cannot be shared with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). It does not explicitly warn that illegal aliens are ineligible.

“According to the laws and implementing regulations,” the website says, “the information provided by individuals for coverage can not be used for purposes other than ensuring the efficient functioning of the insurance market ( Covered California) or administration of the program, or to verify certain eligibility determinations including verification of the immigration status of these people.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
Flip Flop

“The biggest problems that we're facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the Executive Branch and not go through Congress at all, and that's what I intend to reverse when I'm president of the United States of America,” Obama said on March 31, 2008, in Lancaster, Pa

gingerkat

I have the "friend" plan.....the Cadillac of plans !! I don't ever plan on changing....it may not be available to jump back into. When you have bills exceeding $180,000.00.....you need the best!!
I don't know why I didn't go bath further before responding.

So it does appear you have original medicare with medigap plan friend. I do hope you have part D drug coverage now, or you will pay a 10% penalty for late entry every year you have it. No supplemental insurance plan (medigap) with original medicare can sell prescription drugs, that is illegal unless a plan sold before 2006 and it must be a "credible" plan.

Sounds like you're paying a lot, of like a la cart kinda thing. When it gets to October 1, seek out an insurance agent to research for you (costs you nothing). Not any agent can do this, you need one that is Medicare certified or AHIP certified.

Every area has different plans with different benefits. Seems like where you live is much healthier than areas like Bakersfield/Fresno. That area has insurance companies with similar part C (MAPD - medicare prescription drug - all in one) plans with zero premiums, zero or small co pays and many free drugs with low deductibles.

Good news is the donut hole is closing ( by 2020) every year, bad news is, it's too slow.

bbsam

Staff member
Gingerkat, you do seem to know a lot about insurance and Obamacare. Honestly, I support it because doing nothing was simply unsustainable. A "public option" seemed to be the insurance industry's mortal foe and yet I think looking back, they should have supported it for the individuals who won't sign up. Things are definitely changing and, though ugly now, I think will be better in the long run. My real question is, does the insurance industry want the law repealed?

On a side note, I feel like we have to leave one of the old parts of healthcare completely behind. If you choose not to have insurance, forget about showing up at the emergency room and having it paid for. That's draconian, but I just don't see letting that slide when other options are available.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Flip Flop

“The biggest problems that we're facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the Executive Branch and not go through Congress at all, and that's what I intend to reverse when I'm president of the United States of America,” Obama said on March 31, 2008, in Lancaster, Pa

Of course, you are simply repeating the FOX NEWS version of this statement, even though its been established that FOX took a "snippet" of a conversation and gave it a new meaning.

Even though Juan Williams corrected FOX NEWS with the original text of that speech, you and fox still repeat the out of context meaning.

Here is the COMPLETE audio/video of that same speech where the right wing took a partial statement and created "YOUR POST".
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ning_statements_to_accumulate_more_power.html

All you have to do now is listen to it, then ask yourself, DID I GET PROGRAMMED AGAIN?

TOS.