President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
All quotes are out of context......that's what a quote is.........Or else this site would be overflowing with full stories and maybe some copyright violations.

Obama was against it before he was for it.....that's the whole story.......flip-flop!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't know why I didn't go bath further before responding.

So it does appear you have original medicare with medigap plan friend. I do hope you have part D drug coverage now, or you will pay a 10% penalty for late entry every year you have it. No supplemental insurance plan (medigap) with original medicare can sell prescription drugs, that is illegal unless a plan sold before 2006 and it must be a "credible" plan.

Sounds like you're paying a lot, of like a la cart kinda thing. When it gets to October 1, seek out an insurance agent to research for you (costs you nothing). Not any agent can do this, you need one that is Medicare certified or AHIP certified.

Every area has different plans with different benefits. Seems like where you live is much healthier than areas like Bakersfield/Fresno. That area has insurance companies with similar part C (MAPD - medicare prescription drug - all in one) plans with zero premiums, zero or small co pays and many free drugs with low deductibles.

Good news is the donut hole is closing ( by 2020) every year, bad news is, it's too slow.

I have a prescription plan.......but that donut hole trumps that. I'll be glad if and when it closes. But most of Obamacare is about delay and pushing dates back. I still pay less for Medicare, Plan friend and prescriptions than I was paying privately prior to going on Medicare.
We have an insurance broker. He researched our needs and our meds and did a fine job on the referrals. We have referred several people to him.

gingerkat

bbsm,
I do support Obamacare, just not in it's current state. Everyone should have adequate healthcare and it shouldn't come down to how much money they have. When this bill first came about I jumped for joy because I watched two of my good older friends die without healthcare because of chronic conditions and were uninsurable. Sadly this whole Obamacrap has turned into a joke.

People should not be forced to have insurance if they don't want it. If you want it, great! Have it without worries of whether or not you have to pay your rent or your heath insurance. Now the people that are young and healthy are paying higher premiums/deductibles for people that are older and sick. Does something seem wrong with this picture?

Most people in the industry want healthcare for everyone, but not this way. Brokers that have been helping people for years are leaving. BTW, I don't really do the exchange stuff. Medicare is the only part of insurance that hasn't been touched so far by Obama. So far...

gingerkat

I have a prescription plan.......but that donut hole trumps that. I'll be glad if and when it closes. But most of Obamacare is about delay and pushing dates back. I still pay less for Medicare, Plan friend and prescriptions than I was paying privately prior to going on Medicare.
We have an insurance broker. He researched our needs and our meds and did a fine job on the referrals. We have referred several people to him.
At least this year the TROOP (true out of pocket) costs will go down. In 2014 it goes to 52.5% discount on brand name and 28% of generic. If all else fails, you can also ask the brand name company for help with prescriptions.

Good luck more.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We get discounts . generics, Canadian, etc. Your 'hole' is still figured at the high rate and you reach the limit real fast!!

For example (not far off true) A monthly prescription that might cost $325 and I can get it for $75.......my total on the donut hole gets $325 added to it !......That just doesn't seem fair to me.
Anyway, thanks for the 'good luck'.

gingerkat

It's not fair at all. It's total crap! Most people don't get healthier as they age and for the life of me I can't figure out why we treat our aging society like this.

I'm not against you More. That is why I'm in this industry, to help people.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"One small step for man.....one giant leap for mankind." Neil Armstrong

Please educate as to how this one sentence quote is taken out of context.
Because the microphone didn't catch it, but right before that he said ,"damn, that was the Mexican MRE I ate last night" as he farted on the step down.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I never knew that he may have possibly been misquoted. Leaving off the "a" before "man" makes a huge difference in the meaning of what he was trying to say.

That being said, either version of the quote still disproves her theory that all quotes are taken out of context.
If the man says words before and after in his lifetime, the quote is taken apart from the whole body of life words..

moreluck

golden ticket member
190639.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have to wonder how many of those records were the results of circumstances inherited from his predecessor which were beyond his control. It's not as though things were all sunshine and rainbows on 1/20/09.

BTW, the debt and unemployment numbers have been steadily decreasing while the GDP has been steadily increasing during the Obama presidency.