moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanation here today

WE'VE FIGURED HIM OUT! By Ben Stein

Why is President Barack Obama in such a hurry to get his
socialized medicine billpassed?

Because he and his cunning circle realize some basic truths:

The American people in their unimaginable kindness and trust
voted for a pig in a poke in 2008. Pig in a poke means: an offering or deal that is foolishly accepted without being examined first. A poke means sack.

They wanted so much to believe Barack Obama was somehow better
and different from other ultra-leftists that they simply took him on faith.

They ignored his anti-white writings in his books.

They ignored his
quiet acceptance of hysterical anti-American diatribes by his minister,Jeremiah Wright..

They ignored his refusal to explain years at a time of his life as a student.

They ignored his ultra-left record as a "community organizer,"
Illinois state legislator, and Senator.

The American people ignored his total zero of an academic record as
a student and teacher, his complete lack of scholarship when he wasbeing touted as a scholar.

Now, the American people are starting to wake up to the truth.
Barack Obama is a super likeable super leftist, not a fan of this country,
The American people have already awakened to the truth thatthe stimulus bill -- a great idea in theory -- was really an immensebribe to Democrat interest groups, and in no way helpedall Americans.

The American people already know that Mr.. Obama's plan to lower health costs
while expanding coverage and bureaucracy is a myth, a promise of somethingthat never was and never can be --
"a bureaucracy lowering costs in a free society." Either the costs go up or the free society goes away... a historical truth.

These are perilous times.. Mrs. Hillary Clinton, our Secretary of State,
has given Iran the go-ahead to have nuclear weapons, an unqualified betrayalof the nation. Now, we face a devastating loss of freedom at home in health care.It will be joined by controls on our lives to "protect us "from global warming,itself largely a fraud if believed to be caused by man."

Mr. Obama knows Americans are getting wise and will
stop him if he delays at all in taking away our freedoms.There is his urgency and our opportunity. Once freedom is lost,America is lost. Wake up, beloved America .

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, now the Dems. want those companies that are screaming about how much this health bill is going to cost them to come forward (late April) and testify. The dems. want the books opened and all messaging regarding these claims.

I have faith that these big companies (John Deere, Caterpillar, A.T.&T. etc) will have their :censored2: together regarding their books....unlike the CBO & I hope they leave the Dems. in disbelief as to how much this great bill is costing companies......which in turn will cost us consumers as they raise their rates for their products.

Maybe it'll teach them to read a bill before they pass it. I can almost guarantee, the companies will have the proof needed and the Dems. will have hanging jaws in astonishment after the hearings. :dissapointed:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
newyorkpost.JPG

A grim sign for ObamaCare

How ironic that, even as the Senate last week debated the reconciliation "fixes" to ObamaCare, word came that Social Security has reached the so-called tipping point -- years ahead of schedule.

For the first time, Social Security will pay out more in benefits than it receives in tax revenue, to the tune of $29 billion.

The reason: Continued high unemployment means there are fewer paychecks from which to deduct Social Security taxes. Meanwhile, many who can't find work are applying for benefits much earlier than they'd planned.

The so-called tipping point wasn't supposed to arrive until 2017, according to current congressional projections.

And it also means that the ultimate day of reckoning -- when Social Security runs out of money unless something is done to stabilize the system -- has been pushed ahead by four years, to 2037.

So is this really the time for the US to be setting out on a trillion-dollar entitlement adventure filled with so many unknowns and untested elements?

And, more important, whose ultimate financial impact on the sky-high -- and still soaring -- national debt is open to so much question?

You'd think not.

But President Obama and congressional Democrats don't seem to have gotten the message.

Which is that even beyond the inherent costs of a system like Social Security, unsettled economic conditions can have a swift and unexpected impact.

Budget estimators predicted that unemployment would average 8.2 percent last year and 8.8 percent this year.

Instead, it remains at about 10 percent.

No, Social Security isn't running out of money just yet: Thanks to some fixes a quarter-century ago and past robust economies, the system maintains a balance of $2.5 trillion.

But with annual payments now running in the red, that balance will slowly be depleted.

And, by law, Social Security can't pay out more money in any given year than it has in its balance.

In other words, it cannot print money.

The same could well hold true for ObamaCare, once its payments fully kick in down the line.

Is Congress paying attention?

Blizzard

newyorkpost.JPG

A grim sign for ObamaCare

How ironic that, even as the Senate last week debated the reconciliation "fixes" to ObamaCare, word came that Social Security has reached the so-called tipping point -- years ahead of schedule.

For the first time, Social Security will pay out more in benefits than it receives in tax revenue, to the tune of $29 billion.

The reason: Continued high unemployment means there are fewer paychecks from which to deduct Social Security taxes. Meanwhile, many who can't find work are applying for benefits much earlier than they'd planned.

The so-called tipping point wasn't supposed to arrive until 2017, according to current congressional projections.

And it also means that the ultimate day of reckoning -- when Social Security runs out of money unless something is done to stabilize the system -- has been pushed ahead by four years, to 2037.

So is this really the time for the US to be setting out on a trillion-dollar entitlement adventure filled with so many unknowns and untested elements?

And, more important, whose ultimate financial impact on the sky-high -- and still soaring -- national debt is open to so much question?

You'd think not.

But President Obama and congressional Democrats don't seem to have gotten the message.

Which is that even beyond the inherent costs of a system like Social Security, unsettled economic conditions can have a swift and unexpected impact.

Budget estimators predicted that unemployment would average 8.2 percent last year and 8.8 percent this year.

Instead, it remains at about 10 percent.

No, Social Security isn't running out of money just yet: Thanks to some fixes a quarter-century ago and past robust economies, the system maintains a balance of $2.5 trillion.

But with annual payments now running in the red, that balance will slowly be depleted.

And, by law, Social Security can't pay out more money in any given year than it has in its balance.

In other words, it cannot print money.

The same could well hold true for ObamaCare, once its payments fully kick in down the line.

Is Congress paying attention?

Its a shame the democrats spent so much time chasing a do nothing "health care reform" bill instead of creating the economic conditions needed to grow the economy and reduce unemployment.

Blizzard

Imagine how much lighter that frieght train would be if we unhook Military Ind Complex Caboose.....Since the Cold War, our leadership has everyone fooled into thinking we are better off giving the rich tax breaks and in turn, borrowing trillions $$ of excess spending on foriegn policy, rather than investing in our own citizens, future technologies, and crumbling infrastructure. Why on Earth do some here freak out over Obamacare when we could of paid for HealthCare Reform 3 x over at the cost of Iraq and Afgh...So we ignore our citizens to start a "War on Terrorism" campaign so we can "Get them over there, and not over here"....What a joke...BTW..This in no way, is a shot at the troops. They are performing an awsome job as always, doing what they are ask to do. It's about Gov't policy, and who is dictating it. It's about creating a diversion and calling anti-war advocates unpatriotic. Meanwhile our country and economy is crumbling right under our noses, and were not any safer than pre 9/11, because we will always have haters all over the world....And now we have Obama haters crying over domestic spending and not a peep about our military spending. I will also call out Obama lovers for not protesting loud enough to get our Troops home ASAP, especially if this dis-engagement campaign doesn't start in 2011..Does anybody care, we've just wasted $6 billion on an Afghan police force that's just as corrupt and abusive as the enemy....Your right, this train needs to stop.....What are you willing to cut ?

I think you forgot to blame the military complex for taking down the twin towers? Your point about paying for health care may be a good one if the health care has value. I'm not seeing anything in the alleged reform bill that really warrants the spending.
As such it appears you're making an argument to stop wasting money on the military so we can start wasting it on a health care reform bill that was poorly designed?

moreluck

golden ticket member

Let me get this straight......we're trying to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president that also hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.

What the hell could possibly go wrong????

tieguy

Banned

Let me get this straight......we're trying to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president that also hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, andfinanced by a country that's broke.

Don't forget the new democratic motto.

"we know this bill is far from perfect but we voted for it anyway"

What the hell could possibly go wrong????

Don't forget the new democratic motto.

"we know this bill is far from perfect but we voted for it anyway"

Last edited:

diesel96

I think you forgot to blame the military complex for taking down the twin towers? Your point about paying for health care may be a good one if the health care has value. I'm not seeing anything in the alleged reform bill that really warrants the spending.
As such it appears you're making an argument to stop wasting money on the military so we can start wasting it on a health care reform bill that was poorly designed?

Please, try not to think for me....I don't blame the MIC, but I do blame 18 or 19 Osama worshippers from the land of GW's kissing cousins, the Saudi's for taking down the towers and the Pentagon. We've been sticking our noses and interfering in the area since the 1950's. Money wasted is not only tagged on Military might and maintenance expenses, but rebuilding foriegn hospitals, schools, roads and bridges. Paying off foreign family members resulting from casualties of war.
We obvisously are not going to agree on the value of Healthcare reform, and honestly, it won't effect you or me very much, as long as we keep our union/mngmt job. And, I can tell you, being a single payer fan, I'm not crazy about this plan either, but it's a better step in the right direction IMO than supporting and allowing de-refulated Insurance Co's a free for all

klein

Für Meno :)
Please, try not to think for me....I don't blame the MIC, but I do blame 18 or 19 Osama worshippers from the land of GW's kissing cousins, the Saudi's for taking down the towers and the Pentagon. We've been sticking our noses and interfering in the area since the 1950's. Money wasted is not only tagged on Military might and maintenance expenses, but rebuilding foriegn hospitals, schools, roads and bridges. Paying off foreign family members resulting from casualties of war.
We obvisously are not going to agree on the value of Healthcare reform, and honestly, it won't effect you or me very much, as long as we keep our union/mngmt job. And, I can tell you, being a single payer fan, I'm not crazy about this plan either, but it's a better step in the right direction IMO than supporting and allowing de-refulated Insurance Co's a free for all

Here Diesel, just for you. Thomas Mc Douglas, the founder of our single tax payer system, where he implements the last step to coverage for all.
He is now considered the biggest National Hero in this country.

Not surprisingly is also the US mentioned. Wow, back in 1983 the US only spent 9% of GDP for healthcare (Canada 7%). Now it's 17% and 10%.

[video=youtube;C2oUInTUlAM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2oUInTUlAM[/video]

moreluck

golden ticket member
You know, Henry Waxman may be getting more than he expected. He seems to like throwing around his 'power' with these investigative hearings. The companies mentioned in this news piece are all going to be 'spot on' with their accounting numbers and I hope Waxman etal are left with jaws dropping and wondering, "how did that happen?" Another disadvantage of not reading the bill you voted for......

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4131250/workers-benefits-threatened

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Florida doctor tells Obama supporters to go elsewhere for medical care

MOUNT DORA — A doctor who considers the national health-care overhaul to be bad medicine for the country posted a sign on his office door telling patients who voted for President Barack Obama to seek care "elsewhere."

"I'm not turning anybody away — that would be unethical," Dr. Jack Cassell, 56, a Mount Dora urologist and a registered Republican opposed to the health plan, told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday. "But if they read the sign and turn the other way, so be it."

The sign reads: "If you voted for Obama…seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Given that bho plans to have government provide a majority of its citizens with many free benefits ;
What happens when the government finally runs out of money ?
What are the people who expect handouts to do ?
How will they survive ?

moreluck

golden ticket member

I still can see that film of that woman right after the election and she was celebrating and saying...."Obama gonna pay my mortgage and Obama gonna pay my car payment." She's still waiting somewhere. Lots of people are disappointed in what they voted for.

Lue C Fur

Evil member

MOUNT DORA — A doctor who considers the national health-care overhaul to be bad medicine for the country posted a sign on his office door telling patients who voted for President Barack Obama to seek care "elsewhere."

"I'm not turning anybody away — that would be unethical," Dr. Jack Cassell, 56, a Mount Dora urologist and a registered Republican opposed to the health plan, told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday. "But if they read the sign and turn the other way, so be it."

The sign reads: "If you voted for Obama…seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."

Thats funny. There is a electronic sign in front of a medical complex in Anchorage that says "Obama-nomics is wealth distrubution". Next time i see it i will take a pic and post it. :)

moreluck

golden ticket member

Yep, that second Detroit woman, waiting for her Obama money. "We love him, that's why we voted for him." All the Demonic-rats got what they voted for. How's that hopey-changey thing workin' for you??

bbsam

Staff member

That statement reflects what little success the liberals have had. A three vote victory after months of arm twisting and threats now equates to a spanking. ROFLMAO

comon BBsam you sure you're not Klein posting that kind of stupidity?
The fact is that he got it done against Republican stonewalling, knows it won't be repealed and is now daring the Republicans to keep being childish obstructionists. Yeah, that's a spanking.

bbsam

Staff member

So when this country starts importing more and more doctors from India, Pakistan, Canada, Britain, and China, are doctors going to be the next group of workers crying, "They took our jobs!"?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Senate Bill, H.R. 3590, pages 273-274

There are several reasons why an individual could claim exemption, being a member of a religion that does not believe in insurance is one of them. Islam is one of those religions. Muslims believe that health insurance is “haraam”, or forbidden; because they liken the ambiguity and probability of insurance to gambling. This belief excludes them from any of the requirements, mandates, or penalties set forth in the bill.