President Obama!

klein

Für Meno :)
CEO of Aetna, "premiums will be going up"

Ofcourse.
Don't matter who is in government. They would have gone up.
It's an industry that's very little regulated when it comes to service charges.
Healthcare is 1 of those items, that don't fall under a budget, or need to budget.

And patients don't care. They think the more tests they receive by a physician, the better he/she is.
However, just adding to the doc's income, while patient thinks it's a free service, paid by insurance.

Ofcourse.
Don't matter who is in government. They would have gone up.
It's an industry that's very little regulated when it comes to service charges.
Healthcare is 1 of those items, that don't fall under a budget, or need to budget.

And patients don't care. They think the more tests they receive by a physician, the better he/she is.
However, just adding to the doc's income, while patient thinks it's a free service, paid by insurance.

I agree, at a DOT physical I had blood in my urine and was advised to see a urologist. Went to the urologist, he tested my urine and found blood. Then he stuck a scope up to check my bladder (ouch, I still have nightmares) Then had a CT scan. Then an ultrasound on my testi's. Only to go back to a CT scan. A couple years later was told by another doctor that it takes 3 days to pass the blood through your system if you are healthy.
So then you agree that the healthcare bill didn't do anything to bend the cost curve?

klein

Für Meno :)
I agree, at a DOT physical I had blood in my urine and was advised to see a urologist. Went to the urologist, he tested my urine and found blood. Then he stuck a scope up to check my bladder (ouch, I still have nightmares) Then had a CT scan. Then an ultrasound on my testi's. Only to go back to a CT scan. A couple years later was told by another doctor that it takes 3 days to pass the blood through your system if you are healthy.
So then you agree that the healthcare bill didn't do anything to bend the cost curve?

Yup, I agree, healtcare reform did very little. Suppose to save $1 Trill over 10 years. But, doubt that. It will be eaten up by higher future medical bills.
On the CNN special this weekend. They even said, it was only a drop in the bucket.
And, the US hasn't seen the end of Healthcare Reform, yet.
It needs to be brought back onto the table !

Just imagine cab companies getting paid the same way doctors and hospitals do:

They wouldn't just pick you up, and drop you off.
They would ask, if you want to do a senic route, perhaps stop at a few stores on the way. If you prefer limo-service, etc.
Don't worry about the bill, insurance covers it.

Or if you placed your pc in repair shop. They would have the system up and working within the hr, but then want to do all sorts of diagnoses, and stress tests... making the final bill extreme.

Thats what differs the US with other countries in regards of healthcare.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

Don't know if I really heard this or just imagined it........Something about taking profits & jobs from Wall St. and taking them to Chicago Mercantile ??? What's this Illinois thing????
Did I hear right?:knockedout:

tieguy

Banned

Dear Mr. President,
Thank you for restoring our world view. Because as we all know it is important to get along with other countries.
You have a very tough job and took it on in a tough economy and climate. I understand that unemployment is at an all time high and you are working on it. However I can't help but say that the boom in the economy in the early 2000's was brought on by fake money, which, in turn begets fake, non producing jobs. I would hope that everyone reading this would take the time to buy goods that are made right here in the good old USA and help people who still have jobs keep them.
PS you have my vote in 2012

ROFLMAO. this guy has to be jerking our chain no one can be this gullible.

moreluck

golden ticket member

When Obama was talking about a VAT tax, he used the word, "novel". Something 'novel' to me implies something new, fun, lighthearted......a novelty could be like a toy. This guy is like a pied piper and I'm not following his boogie woogie!!!

Robert Gibbs was still saying today that the president isn't considering a VAT tax. Those 2 need to get their stories straight.

See, when you lie, you have to have a good memory to keep things straight.

wkmac

When Obama was talking about a VAT tax, he used the word, "novel". Something 'novel' to me implies something new, fun, lighthearted......a novelty could be like a toy. This guy is like a pied piper and I'm not following his boogie woogie!!!

Robert Gibbs was still saying today that the president isn't considering a VAT tax. Those 2 need to get their stories straight.

See, when you lie, you have to have a good memory to keep things straight.

Do We Need A VAT?

wkmac

In March 1972', economist Murray Rothbard wrote an article entitled, "The VAT is not the Answer."

In Oct. 1972' Time Magazine did a story entitled, "Issues: Nixon's Second-Term Plans" where there was speculation that Nixon might use the VAT in his economic policy which we now know he did not. Although this was a republican idea if you will at the time, I clearly remember the VAT being a topic of conversation in that late 1970's thanks to one James Earl Carter who himself a democrat. (No VAT here either) Now it seems the VAT is rumbling again at the expense of one President Obama but yet again I would contend this type tax just like the 70's has a bi-partisan appeal. On the republican side is one Paul Ryan and what he calls his "Business Consuption Tax" which is a VAT in a mask. One provided this time by republicans.

When it comes to gov't and the 2 political parties, very little difference is there once you start digging just a little bit and this goes for new and inventive ideas too. Most everything is just a rehash from something old but re-packaged just to fool the "I'm not looking so don't bother me" masses!

moreluck

golden ticket member
P

pickup

Re: Obamanation here today

Subj: 1948 Cartoon

Keep in mind as you watch this that it was done in '1948'. Keep telling yourself that as you view it.

Click on1948 Cartoonbelow - this cartoon is timeless and is just as true today as it was in 1948! It is not hard to cast the character of the snake oil salesman as one of today's political leaders.

Look at this: 1948 Cartoon

http://nationaljuggernaut.blogspot.com/2009/09/this-cartoon-seemed-far-fetched-in-1948.html

Rod made his appearance at 37 seconds into the video.

It looks like they chased Klein and his bottle of "isms" (chief of which was was his alcoholism) back across the border.

moreluck

golden ticket member

"Obama declares 'the system failed' in BP oil spill, calls for new regulations."

Who else would know better about "fail" than the prez.? :knockedout:

unionman

"Obama declares 'the system failed' in BP oil spill, calls for new regulations."

Who else would know better about "fail" than the prez.? :knockedout:

dO YOU MEAN FAILED IN PASSING HEALTHCARE REFORM OR TURNING THE ECONOMY AROUND OR MAYBE YOU MEANT HIS FAILURES IN AFGANISTAN. oH WAIT, HE IS DOING PRETTY GOOD IN ALL OF THOSE AND HE IS ABOUT TO PUT THE HURT ON THE MORONS THAT CAUSED THE ECONOMY TO SELF DESTRUCT.

moreluck

golden ticket member

How about failing to tell America how much his health care will REALLY cost ?? It's coming out slow but sure now and it exposes him as a damn liar!!

Lue C Fur

Evil member

dO YOU MEAN FAILED IN PASSING HEALTHCARE REFORM (more debt piled on...thanks Barry) OR TURNING THE ECONOMY AROUND (yup...unemployment went from 9.7 to 9.9...its right on track...LMAO!!!) OR MAYBE YOU MEANT HIS FAILURES IN AFGANISTAN. (Just continuing what Bush was doing so no change there) oH WAIT, HE IS DOING PRETTY GOOD IN ALL OF THOSE (really...LMAO!!!!) AND HE IS ABOUT TO PUT THE HURT ON THE MORONS THAT CAUSED THE ECONOMY TO SELF DESTRUCT. (Awesome!!!! So Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and the all the Washington politicians are going to get fined and thrown in Jail???)