President Obama!

Over9.5>3Times

c6db2912cfd5e0542588913b56a2a8a6.jpg

That's the second time someone said they wanted to hit me. I guess that's all you can do when you can't face the truth.

Over9.5>3Times

He doesn't even reach for the toilet paper.....puhleeeese!
I have a serious question for all of my republican friends. I'll start by saying that I assume you are all UPSers either hourly or management. Some probably retired as well. Why did or did you decide to vote for a republican candidate? I'm not trying to be funny just curious as to what your reasoning is. Without going to deep what's your main deciding factor?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have a serious question for all of my republican friends. I'll start by saying that I assume you are all UPSers either hourly or management. Some probably retired as well. Why did or did you decide to vote for a republican candidate? I'm not trying to be funny just curious as to what your reasoning is. Without going to deep what's your main deciding factor?
Too much free stuff given away to people who are able to work. The Dems. seem to like just taking care of people and not helping people.....they keep them at a slave level. The GOP preaches less gov't involvement and I'm all for that.

I used to be Dem. I used to belong to a union. I lobbied in Columbus as a CWA member. I grew up.

Over9.5>3Times

Too much free stuff given away to people who are able to work. The Dems. seem to like just taking care of people and not helping people.....they keep them at a slave level. The GOP preaches less gov't involvement and I'm all for that.

I used to be Dem. I used to belong to a union. I lobbied in Columbus as a CWA member. I grew up.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It may not seem this way but I do respect you all's opinions but it is pretty fun to go back and forth. MOST of it is just fun to me when I debate with you guys because let's be honest neither of us are going to change our minds. I understand your point but I have always believed that the welfare part of it really is small compared to other things. The reason I vote democrat is because I believe that republicans tend to favor trickle down economics that works until we get to the trickle down part and working class people get bent over more and more.

Over9.5>3Times

I used to believe in unions. My dad was in the URW. I think that the unions are not needed now. They once were, but not now.
I don't care one way or another if UPS has a union or not.
What changed your mind? I'm sure being a union member helped your family in ways that otherwise wouldn't have been possible.

moreluck

golden ticket member
What changed your mind? I'm sure being a union member helped your family in ways that otherwise wouldn't have been possible.
I honestly can't pinpoint one time when I started thinking that.....maybe it was a slow process and a combination of maturity, management work, high altitude in Utah, or whatever my life experiences were.....I saw no need for them. In regards to my family........my hubby was in the UAW for one year and then into management for the next 27 years.
Circumstances, I guess.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Speaking for myself, I see non-union workers making close to what we make, with out all the crap.

I have been at UPS almost 30 years and trying to get a day off to go to my kids ball game is near impossible unless I scheduled it in January.

My kids work at companies that start out paying a lot more than I got at UPS.

They get flexible scheduling too.

With time, they will have nearly the benefits I have.

Yeah, we got it better, but not by much.

And there is other trade offs too like them not having to work 11 hour days.

Over9.5>3Times

I honestly can't pinpoint one time when I started thinking that.....maybe it was a slow process and a combination of maturity, management work, high altitude in Utah, or whatever my life experiences were.....I saw no need for them. In regards to my family........my hubby was in the UAW for one year and then into management for the next 27 years.
Circumstances, I guess.
I see how the management is treated at UPS and although we don't agree on all the issues we both are at the mercy of corporate giants who exist for one reason only and that's to make as much money as possible. Which is a great idea until hard working people start to lose more and more because special interest groups have made millions of dollars in contributions to certain candidates so in turn they pass legislation that saves them billions many times at the expense of workers like me and the management teams that run their companies.

Over9.5>3Times

Companies in business to make money.........I believe that is the whole idea. I'm for it.
I am too until they start to cut wages, cut hours, cut benefits, turn full time jobs into part time jobs, eliminate pensions, and deport manufacturing jobs overseas to sweatshops and slave labor like China. All while reporting record profits. I've seen it too much.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am too until they start to cut wages, cut hours, cut benefits, turn full time jobs into part time jobs, eliminate pensions, and deport manufacturing jobs overseas to sweatshops and slave labor like China. All while reporting record profits. I've seen it too much.
Gee, that sounded like Trump's talking points. Are you sure you're on the right team?

Over9.5>3Times

Speaking for myself, I see non-union workers making close to what we make, with out all the crap.

I have been at UPS almost 30 years and trying to get a day off to go to my kids ball game is near impossible unless I scheduled it in January.

My kids work at companies that start out paying a lot more than I got at UPS.

They get flexible scheduling too.

With time, they will have nearly the benefits I have.

Yeah, we got it better, but not by much.

And there is other trade offs too like them not having to work 11 hour days.
Your kids are very fortunate and so are you and I to have the jobs that we have. I want to see more jobs with those types of pay and benefits. I have an advanced college degree but I work at UPS because the pay and benefits are hard to come by. Many people that I graduated college with wish they had the same. I would like to think that some of it is because we have a contract with the employer. I haven't met a UPS driver yet that would rather have a FedEx ground route.

Over9.5>3Times

Gee, that sounded like Trump's talking points. Are you sure you're on the right team?
I haven't done the research but I'd bet two weeks pay that outside of his corporate staff his average worker lives near the poverty line and yes you have to include all of the part time temporary workers that he uses as well. Don't forget that he has said himself that he believes the current minimum wage is too high.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I haven't done the research but I'd bet two weeks pay that outside of his corporate staff his average worker lives near the poverty line and yes you have to include all of the part time temporary workers that he uses as well. Don't forget that he has said himself that he believes the current minimum wage is too high.
I believe the minimum age is fine.....it's suppose to be for first jobs for teenagers.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I have listened to almost every Trump speech.

I have not heard him say that the minimum wage was too high, so where do you get this?