President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Funny-Health-Insurance-Cartoons-Time-Served.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

BO. likes comparing apples to oranges and makes it sound like the job outlook is so great.

He says stuff like, "When I took office, we were losing 700,000 jobs a month. Now, last month the private sector created 60,000 jobs." That makes you think that we didn't lose any jobs last month....he just failed to mention it. He's a snake oil salesman and speaks the Biden-ism language of rainbows.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11179645

Babagounj

Strength through joy

ILLEGALS in U.S. Doing Well — Sent $12.49 Billion Home to Mexico Since January

Mexico’s economy more dependent than ever on US remittances, $12.49 billion since January

klein

Für Meno :)

ILLEGALS in U.S. Doing Well — Sent $12.49 Billion Home to Mexico Since January

Mexico’s economy more dependent than ever on US remittances, $12.49 billion since January

I'm 100% certain money gets sent home. Gee, that's what they are in the US for, to earn money.
Just not sure how they came up with an exact figure (12.49 B).

They don't pay taxes, don't have bank accounts.
Don't get taxable pay stubs, and so on.
So,that dollar figure, I have a problem with.
Where did they get that from ?

Btw, the EU and Canada held a meeting today in Paris about illegal immigration and what do do....... wondering why the US didn't partcipate.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Some include the words, “Barack Obama, President.” Most say “Putting America to Work.” All say “American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.” Regardless, if you see another gaudy sign promoting the $862 billion stimulus package, Rep. Darrell Issa wants to know about it.
Issa, the ranking member on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, has set up an e-mail address asking folks to send pictures of the signs with information. The California Republican also asked the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to explore whether the signs promoting the recovery act, and other actions he considers propaganda, are legal.

P

pickup

I
Btw, the EU and Canada held a meeting today in Paris about illegal immigration and what do do....... wondering why the US didn't partcipate.

Maybe the meeting is similar to browncafe. While it is odd that browncafe has a Canadian that constantly chimes in about what America does i, it is not against the terms of Service. For all we know, no one invited Canada's reps to the meeting, but just like you, maybe they felt that the world needed their unsolicited input and showed up anyway.

klein

Maybe the meeting is similar to browncafe. While it is odd that browncafe has a Canadian that constantly chimes in about what America does i, it is not against the terms of Service. For all we know, no one invited Canada's reps to the meeting, but just like you, maybe they felt that the world needed their unsolicited input and showed up anyway.

Actually, I know your news won't show it, until they are at shore.
Another boat full of hundreds of refugees heading this way (to Canada).
Making it the 3rd one this year !

This time, the government wants to stop them, before they hit Canadian waters, even though thats against a UN treaty that was signed.
(that treaty was made, so the repeat of the Jewish unsuccesfully flee from Nazi Germany won't repeat itself - as boats full of Jewish people we'rent allowed to dock anywhere else, and had to return to Germany).

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Actually, I know your news won't show it, until they are at shore.
Another boat full of hundreds of refugees heading this way (to Canada).
Making it the 3rd one this year !

This time, the government wants to stop them, before they hit Canadian waters, even though thats against a UN treaty that was signed.
but was it ratified. And why would you turn them away ? Canada has plenty of open spaces to settle these people.

klein

but was it ratified. And why would you turn them away ? Canada has plenty of open spaces to settle these people.

Nope, nothing can be ratified in time to stop this 3rd boat.
The US has lots of empty space, too. Your coast gurad should let one boat in per year, atleast... (take some off our hands) LOL

Tories float new law to stop migrant boats

OTTAWA - The Conservatives are whittling down their legal options to go after rogue boats filled with migrants trying to get to Canada.

P

pickup

Nope, nothing can be ratified in time to stop this 3rd boat.
The US has lots of empty space, too. Your coast gurad should let one boat in per year, atleast... (take some off our hands) LOL

Tories float new law to stop migrant boats

OTTAWA - The Conservatives are whittling down their legal options to go after rogue boats filled with migrants trying to get to Canada.

Too late, I heard the migrants have been singing this song

Far
We've been travelling far
Without a home
But not without a star

Free
Only want to be free
We huddle close
Hang on to a dream

On the boats and on the planes
They're coming to Canada
Going to work those oil sands
They're coming to Canada

Home, don't it seem so far away
Oh, we're travelling light today
but Klein's posts keep us warm
In the eye of a storm

Home, to a new and a shiny place
Get welfare and a free place
Freedom's light burning warm
Freedom's light burning warm

Everywhere around the world
They're coming to Canada
Every time that flag's unfurled
They're coming to Canada

Got a dream to take them there
They're coming to Canada
Got a dream they've come to share
They're coming to Canada

They're coming to Canada
They're coming to Canada
They're coming to Canada
They're coming to Canada
Today, today, today, today, today

My country 'tis of thee
(Today)
Sweet land of hockey
(today)
Of thee I sing
(today)
Of thee I sing
(today)

(today)

(today)

(today

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Re: Obamanation here today

PARMA, OhioWith less than an hour before President Obama’s scheduled speech, 75 seats remained empty in the recreation center at Cuyahoga Community College’s Western Campus.
So organizers went around campus and recruited more students to fill the seats.
Student Jennifer Rahal, of Parma Heights, whose class was canceled today, was working on her art work in the coffee shop in the basement of the building when the call went out for more guests.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Obama's economic advisor left to go back to CA.....The new one he wants to appoint is from Chicago (where else) and taught Obama all he knows about economics. UhOh, we're in trouble.

The prez. seems to be president of Illinois only!! oh yeah, and maybe Ohio because he's on a campaign against Boener (sp).

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Here's something nice from the IRS.
Homebuyer tax credit: 950,000 must repay

Nearly half of all Americans who claimed the first-time homebuyer tax credit on their 2009 tax returns will have to repay the government.
According to a report from the Inspector General for Tax Administration, released to the public Thursday, about 950,000 of the nearly 1.8 million Americans who claimed the tax credit on their 2009 tax returns will have to return the money.
The confusion comes because homebuyers were eligible for two different credits, depending on when their homes were purchased.
Those who bought properties during 2008 were to deduct, dollar for dollar, up to 10% of the home's purchase price or $7,500, whichever was less. The catch: The money was a no-interest loan that had to be repaid within 15 years.
Had they waited to buy until 2009, they could have gotten a much sweeter deal. Congress extended the credit and made it a refund rather than a loan.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Re: Obamanation here today

Nothing Wrong with New Obama Stamp

The U.S. Postal Service created a stamp with a picture of Obama on it.
The Postal Service noticed that the stamp was not sticking to envelopes.
Enraged, Obama demanded a full investigation.
After a month of testing and $1.73 million in congressional spending, a special Presidential commission presented the following findings:
• The stamp is in perfect order
• There is nothing wrong with the glue.
• People are spitting on the wrong side.
http://oneoldvet.com/