Presidential Candidates other than Obama

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not failing to mention anything......just putting out the info. about candidates other than O. All I did was cut & paste the link and that's what came out........The only original words typed by me were "Ron Paul"

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey, you said I failed to mention something................I didn't fail to mention anything, I just posted a Ron Paul piece for the information it contained..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey, you said I failed to mention something................I didn't fail to mention anything, I just posted a Ron Paul piece for the information it contained..

The information that it contained was about more than the Feds getting out of the student loan business. It also spoke of young people being given the option of opting out of Social Security.

None of this matters as I have more of a chance of being elected President than Ron Paul does. He is book smart but lacks the common sense and people skills necessary for the office. He is better suited to be a university professor.

klein

Für Meno :)
Why would you want the young people out of SS ?
That would just mean within 5 years, there won't be anymore SS.

They are using up the young peoples money now, just to pay for it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The information that it contained was about more than the Feds getting out of the student loan business. It also spoke of young people being given the option of opting out of Social Security.

None of this matters as I have more of a chance of being elected President than Ron Paul does. He is book smart but lacks the common sense and people skills necessary for the office. He is better suited to be a university professor.
When I cut & pasted "the link", those words telling of student loans came up there by themselves.........do you get it now??? I didn't type that crap. I only typed "Ron Paul" Those are the only 2 words I typed myself "Ron Paul" Now you explain how within those 2 words, "Ron Paul", do I mention student loans.

Now if you want just the words, I'll be happy to post all that is said in the article.....but I remember you saying I waste space so just posting the link is suppose to be good but apparently a link is somehow editorial to you.

So, instead of just the link you want./

All this :censored2:??

Paul Calls for End to Federal Student Loan Program
Published October 23, 2011
| Associated Press
WASHINGTON – Republican presidential contender Ron Paul said Sunday he wants to end ]student loans , calling it a failed program that has put students $1 trillion in debt when there are no jobs and when the quality of education has deteriorated.
Paul unveiled a plan last week to cut $1 trillion from the federal budget that would eliminate five Cabinet departments, including education. He's also wants young workers to be able to opt out of Social Security.
The student loan program is not part of those cuts, but Paul said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press" that he'd kill the loan program eventually if he were president. That could put him at odds with some of his young followers, many of whom are college students.
Paul blamed government intervention in the economy for rising tuition.
"Just think of all this willingness to want to help every student get a college education," said Paul, who graduated from Gettysburg College in Pennsylvania before earning a medical degree at the Duke University School of Medicine. "I went to school when we had none of those. I could work my way through college and medical school because it wasn't so expensive."
Annual tuition for Gettysburg College is $42,610 for the 2011-2012 academic year. Annual tuition at Duke's medical school runs $46,621, according to its web site.
Amid such rising costs, borrowing for college is at record levels. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York says students and parents took out a record $100 billion last year, and owe more on student loans -- more than $1 trillion is outstanding -- than credit cards.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would you want the young people out of SS ?
That would just mean within 5 years, there won't be anymore SS.

They are using up the young peoples money now, just to pay for it.

SS will not be there for them when it is their turn so why make them pay in to it now? Let them keep their money and invest on their own.

klein

Für Meno :)
And put the old ones that need SS on welfare ?

Besides if they take more off the check (tax more), and maybe raise retirement age.... it will be there.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

You bothered to post a story from a maroon?

What do you know about Iraq or its christian population? Why only AFTER we invaded to liberate, were the christians then targeted by both the sunnis and the Shia? Before we "liberated" them from there homes from which they fled for safety, why werent they attacked like they are now?

Could it be the percieved CHRISTIAN nation that attacked them and put them into squalor? Could it be because this CHRISTIAN nation killed over 250 thousand civilians in Iraq who were not christians?

Why do you allow mouthpieces of mis information "goat" you into copying and pasting nonsense?

As for Egypt, christians who were the majority centuries ago are no longer a majority and only represent 10% of the populace. They know that the majority are muslims and yet , they parade down the streets promoting christianity knowing that a beat down will probably occur, yet , the christian leaders encourage them to walk out there anyways.

This has nothing to do with OBAMA and everything to do with the difference of religion in Egypt.

What do you prefer? Another Christian war where we attack the 90% populace to defend the 10%?

Get serious. Do some thinking.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
........."This has nothing to do with OBAMA and everything to do with the difference of religion in Egypt....."

The thread is 'Candidates OTHER than Obama'.......this is a piece by Newt, who is a candidate, so it's relevent for this thread. It's an opinion piece. If you are not of the same opinion, then too bad.

moreluck

golden ticket member
100258_600.jpg

IMO, Fallon's band leader gave Bachmann a perfect opportunity to gain additional free publicity and she seized the moment. I doubt anyone but the band knew what was coming when she walked on stage. Fallon may have recognized the song but not NBC, or even Bachmann. Of course the song was disrespectful and inappropriate and she got her added 15 minutes out of the thing. Don't see how the network or Fallon can be blamed and they took appropriate measures once the word came out of what happened.

moreluck

golden ticket member
IMO, Fallon's band leader gave Bachmann a perfect opportunity to gain additional free publicity and she seized the moment. I doubt anyone but the band knew what was coming when she walked on stage. Fallon may have recognized the song but not NBC, or even Bachmann. Of course the song was disrespectful and inappropriate and she got her added 15 minutes out of the thing. Don't see how the network or Fallon can be blamed and they took appropriate measures once the word came out of what happened.
I blame the band leader (Love). He thought he was going to pull a fast one and told his friends to tune in for the big funny. Michelle wouldn't know the song....neither did I.....but when I found out about the "joke" I thought of another song...

• Helen Reddy • Aint No Way To Treat A Lady •[1975] • "No Way To Treat A Lady" • - YouTube