Saturday Ground Update

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
I think the danger comes in the fact that your body has no time to recover. Its OK to work 6 days a week for a short time or even every once in awhile. However when it becomes a forced reality that you HAVE TO work 6 days a week is when it becomes an issue. Our bodies need time to rest and recover you can't do that with only one day off a week.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
There is still layoff language to be followed. It may suck short term for the Saturday drivers, but every one of them should demand their 8 hours on Monday if they have to come in. A good local should be fighting this tooth and nail publicly. No one needs to be working 6 day work weeks.
That's what I told a couple of the guys...at least demand your 8...then they can't make you work at least this Saturday...our steward is a coward so he's worthless

ManInBrown

Are you guys kidding me? You think I'm being a baby about having to work 6 days? It's ridiculous to think of being forced to do this job 6 days a week. Maybe a few times a year, but every week? Anyone thinking that it is OK to work 6 days every week is an OT whore. My body needs to recover and that doesn't happen with 36 hours off.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are you guys kidding me? You think I'm being a baby about having to work 6 days? It's ridiculous to think of being forced to do this job 6 days a week. Maybe a few times a year, but every week? Anyone thinking that it is OK to work 6 days every week is an OT whore. My body needs to recover and that doesn't happen with 36 hours off.
Let's also not forget a 5 day workweek was fought for by our union brothers and sisters of the past.

But I suspect the unions stance on this is much like any other issue we have. "You're paid very well."

ManInBrown

And one more thing about working 6 days. Anything more than 6-7 hours of OT is pointless. You're basically working to give everything beyond that to Uncle Sam

Faceplanted

You get Holidays and 7 weeks paid vacation. Make a choice.
My choice is to be involved in my family, have hobbies, and br a productive member of society. Sorry for having a life and family. People have family members that need to be taken care of as well.

Do you have kids? Are you married? How many marriages?

the guys working 6 days likely only get 2-3 weeks vacay being newer drivers and usually are around the age where people have children. But screw them for only wanting to work 55hours and 5 days right?

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

My choice is to be involved in my family, have hobbies, and br a productive member of society. Sorry for having a life and family. People have family members that need to be taken care of as well.

Do you have kids? Are you married? How many marriages?

the guys working 6 days likely only get 2-3 weeks vacay being newer drivers and usually are around the age where people have children. But screw them for only wanting to work 55hours and 5 days right?
One wife and two grown children, one who will most likely be delivering Saturday Ground. Been delivering Saturday Air for at least the last couple of decades along with weekend drill with the Army National Guard before I retired after 22 years of service. One 13 month deployment and many 2 or 3 week training periods a year.

Faceplanted

One wife and two grown children, one who will most likely be delivering Saturday Ground. Been delivering Saturday Air for at least the last couple of decades along with weekend drill with the Army National Guard before I retired after 22 years of service. One 13 month deployment and many 2 or 3 week training periods a year.
Good for you. Some people like to be more involved in their family. Saturday air isn't the same as Saturday ground and pt car washer indicated your have NEVER worked 6 FULL days of work as a driver

I'm sure you can handle 7 though.

People also volunteer within their church or community. I know of a co worker who is a big brother to a troubled kid. Screw the kid though.... we need more profits!!!