Saturday Ground Update

35years

Gravy route
UPS is going to re-bid all driving routes and inside jobs to suit a Tuesday through Saturday schedule. We all know they're not going to pay a sixth day punch if they don't have to.
Not going to happen here.
Our bids are permanent.
New T-Sat bids will be hung, and then forced from bottom up.
But no way are they rebidding all routes in my bldg.

Over 70

UPS is going to re-bid all driving routes and inside jobs to suit a Tuesday through Saturday schedule. We all know they're not going to pay a sixth day punch if they don't have to.

This is exactly how my center manager said it's going to work here when it goes online next year.

He also said we really don't need it because it's cut city already here on alot of days due to location in an economically challenged and shrinking population area. Not sure how it won't be a big money loss in our location.

I also don't like that it will kill some SAT air runs as a low seniority employee scavenging for work.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Are you guys kidding me? You think I'm being a baby about having to work 6 days? It's ridiculous to think of being forced to do this job 6 days a week. Maybe a few times a year, but every week? Anyone thinking that it is OK to work 6 days every week is an OT whore. My body needs to recover and that doesn't happen with 36 hours off.
I would gladly work six days a week.
But I am an unrepentant overtime whore.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Go show them who is boss and quit. Can't make me work anymore then I want to.
We went live with Saturday ground last weekend. Already have had 8 preloaders quit this week when forced into a T-S schedule. Was hard to staff the operation before the change and have no idea how they will find enough staff now.

We went live with Saturday ground last weekend. Already have had 8 preloaders quit this week when forced into a T-S schedule. Was hard to staff the operation before the change and have no idea how they will find enough staff now.
I have heard rumors of possibly having preloaders come in Friday night after the twilight sort and load the package cars for Saturday morning. I doubt if they get many takers.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My center is having a very difficult time hiring enough FT package car drivers to work T-S. Would guess those times of putting in your time for years doing PT work are over for a while.

My center doesn't have many issues honestly. I'm in a depressed area though so the healthcare is a big draw by itself.
The area I live has a strong economy where any hard working young man with a little bit of intelligence should be able to find a job working construction or other jobs. Guess who UPS can hire PT for $10/hr ?