Saturday Ground Update

PT Car Washer

Why even bother with him? Dude obviously has no problem spending all his life at UPS. As far as he's concerned we are spoiled with two full weekend days.
Coming up on 40 years and yes I would like to have more time off but my family comes first and that means being a good provider. I hear all the talk about family but I believe it is just an excuse to complain about going to work and making $50+/hr. A lot of people have hard jobs with long hours and never come close to the income of a UPS driver.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Coming up on 40 years and yes I would like to have more time off but my family comes first and that means being a good provider. I hear all the talk about family but I believe it is just an excuse to complain about going to work and making $50+/hr. A lot of people have hard jobs with long hours and never come close to the income of a UPS driver.

Life is more than just being a provider. It's not a good feeling providing for a family that you only see asleep when you get home. Those 2 weekend days are the most important days in my life when it comes to my family. Just because the pay is good doesn't mean the long hours aren't detrimental to your family.

PT Car Washer

Life is more than just being a provider. It's not a good feeling providing for a family that you only see asleep when you get home. Those 2 weekend days are the most important days in my life when it comes to my family. Just because the pay is good doesn't mean the long hours aren't detrimental to your family.
Half of our drivers are off before 6:30PM and some are off by 5 everyday. Sure there are a few out till 7 or 7:30 but I think they just like the money. Can't blame them.

ManInBrown

Half of our drivers are off before 6:30PM and some are off by 5 everyday. Sure there are a few out till 7 or 7:30 but I think they just like the money. Can't blame them.
Lol. Another driver working in the bog. 70% of the drivers in my building are still out at 7:30 including myself. And many are still out at 8:30. Sometimes I wonder to myself if we work at the same company when I see posts like this.

6:30 LOL. I can count on one hand how many times I've been driving home at 6:30 in the last year.

PT Car Washer

Lol. Another driver working in the bog. 70% of the drivers in my building are still out at 7:30 including myself. And many are still out at 8:30. Sometimes I wonder to myself if we work at the same company when I see posts like this.
90% of drivers still out after 7:30PM? The Hub would have a fit trying to make service on the hot loads. Loads that have to pull at a certain time to connect with other Hubs midnight sort and then the preloads. Not to mention the air trailer that pulls before 8:00. I guess I do live in Gods country.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
90% of drivers still out after 7:30PM? The Hub would have a fit trying to make service on the hot loads. Loads that have to pull at a certain time to connect with other Hubs midnight sort and then the preloads. Not to mention the air trailer that pulls before 8:00. I guess I do live in Gods country.

Air trailer? Yeah, hella different here. Our twilight shift runs until just after 10pm and they have no problem accommodating the late drivers. We have air drops out on area where groups of drivers meet up with a shuttle driver who takes all the air pickups to the airport. So no need to get back to the building at a certain time, besides to be off before 14 hours.

PT Car Washer

Air trailer? Yeah, hella different here. Our twilight shift runs until just after 10pm and they have no problem accommodating the late drivers. We have air drops out on area where groups of drivers meet up with a shuttle driver who takes all the air pickups to the airport. So no need to get back to the building at a certain time, besides to be off before 14 hours.
14 hours on road? 12+ during Peak is about max for us. Start sending drivers out to help everyone in trouble on bad Peak days. Only 12 hour days the rest of the year is for remedial training, if you know what I mean.

Perhaps you should peruse the classified ads. UPS is not apt to change for you.

Dude, YOU ARE CLUELESS!!!!!!! I asked a simple question. I did not expect such a dumb :censored2: answer. Please refrain from posting useless crap. I have 26 years with the company, 24 as a full time driver.
Good for you- some day you will have as much time as I do. Not trying to fight. Just saying that if it is that bad for you, perhaps a change is warranted. This place does not change for the hourly folks. Did not intend to upset you. Especially in Good Friday.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
im a center clerk too and although were not looking at Sat ground for awhile yet im told, i was wondering/hoping about some saturday overtime as well. being that were talking ground im assuming guaranteed 8 hrs. im also figuring that they wont need all the clerks depending on how many you have. like in my building we have 3 clerks for 3 centers but i bet they only run one clerk on saturday

thessalonian13

im a center clerk too and although were not looking at Sat ground for awhile yet im told, i was wondering/hoping about some saturday overtime as well. being that were talking ground im assuming guaranteed 8 hrs
I don't think saturday would be a guarantee 8 hours. Since it's overtime it will be hours worked.

Coldworld

6:30 LOL. I can count on one hand how many times I've been driving home at 6:30 in the last year.
He works in a large building and has many new drivers in those centers....

Anthonysg0113

Well your two weekend days are going to become Sunday and Monday depending on your route's business to residential ratio.

Anthonysg0113

im a center clerk too and although were not looking at Sat ground for awhile yet im told, i was wondering/hoping about some saturday overtime as well. being that were talking ground im assuming guaranteed 8 hrs. im also figuring that they wont need all the clerks depending on how many you have. like in my building we have 3 clerks for 3 centers but i bet they only run one clerk on saturday
UPS is going to re-bid all driving routes and inside jobs to suit a Tuesday through Saturday schedule. We all know they're not going to pay a sixth day punch if they don't have to.