Saturday Ground Update

shalang

Our hub is slammed throughout the week due to Saturday. We still see packages that were supposed to be delivered Saturday on Wednesday. Granted we have only been doing it for 3 weeks. I have heard that other hubs that have been doing it months before us are doing worse than us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our hub is slammed throughout the week due to Saturday. We still see packages that were supposed to be delivered Saturday on Wednesday. Granted we have only been doing it for 3 weeks. I have heard that other hubs that have been doing it months before us are doing worse than us.

This makes no sense.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Like I mentioned in the other thread, these guys are making it up as they go along. We were told about Saturday in July last year. They had so long to plan and test it but they didn't. Really don't understand how all these people have a job.

No, your post didn't make any sense.

There is no new volume being introduced in to the system so why would there be a backlog of packages?

shalang

No, your post didn't make any sense.

There is no new volume being introduced in to the system so why would there be a backlog of packages?
We're also processing some of Mondays volume. To keep things short, a lot of Saturday packages are getting mixed in with Monday's work. Add on top the failed deliveries, packages getting lost in the system, etc.

Come Monday, we have additional volume on top of the packages processed Saturday. That means the drivers in the end are going out with remaining Saturday work and Monday's work. Some can't get it all done so it goes back into the system.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How would clerks be involved with saturdays? I am a center clerk and I don't want to work saturdays. Will I be forced to come in?
Our clerks come in. We have three, an AM, a Mid day, and a PM clerk M-friend. Pretty sure they rotate with each other for a full Saturday. So they work every third Saturday.
Nope. Address corrections and other clerk duties would continue to be M-friend.
Not here, they work.
depends on how big the preload and local sort are; a couple sites we brought in a QC person, others we just left it to the PTPCS or for Monday
We have a cart for QC to be processed on Monday morning from Saturday.

shalang

There are no specific Saturday packages. That work is Monday work delivered 2 days early.
Here they are.

We have our Monday volume that we process but do not deliver. We segregate them in a separate area. We have packages specifically for Saturday and are labeled that way. If they are not delivered on Saturday it is considered a service failure.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Here they are.

We have our Monday volume that we process but do not deliver. We segregate them in a separate area. We have packages specifically for Saturday and are labeled that way. If they are not delivered on Saturday it is considered a service failure.

This is not sarcasm but if Sat and Monday are getting mixed up when they have there own areas than somebody isn't doing there job.

shalang

Seriously though it is fixable. Not sure how your guys hub is but our management team is a mess. Always have to be right even if it jeopardizes the operation. If they mess up they blame the next guy down. That's pretty much one of the main reason for our buildings screwups.

km3

I don't think saturday would be a guarantee 8 hours. Since it's overtime it will be hours worked.

If they make you come in, you get your guarantee...where I am. Local practices may vary, of course, but that's something I got straight with my steward during peak when they forced Saturdays.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Im not being the bitch. You the one jumping to conclusions. Im enjoying this money due to their mistakes.

Move on dude.. I was being straight with you and your perception of what I said to you is all :censored2:ed up, I know you were venting. Conclusions are jumped to because a lot of our experiences are the same i.e.. that last post you did I could have said the same thing about my center.

shalang

Move on dude.. I was being straight with you and your perception of what I said to you is all :censored2:ed up, I know you were venting. Conclusions are jumped to because a lot of our experiences are the same i.e.. that last post you did I could have said the same thing about my center.
Whatever homie, somethings obviously bothering you. If it makes you happy then yes, you read my mind correctly by just reading text and should be with the Psychic Friends. [emoji122]

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Whatever homie, somethings obviously bothering you. If it makes you happy then yes, you read my mind correctly by just reading text and should be with the Psychic Friends. [emoji122]

Damn yo!! Ok you're right everything you have said I'm sorry my apologizes!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
14 hours on road? 12+ during Peak is about max for us. Start sending drivers out to help everyone in trouble on bad Peak days. Only 12 hour days the rest of the year is for remedial training, if you know what I mean.
My longest days are always outside of peak. Usually in the summer. The only thing they ask is if you'll be under 14. They don't freaking care.