SFA Meeting Aftermath

Maui

There are courier positions in that region on the careers section of the fedex.com website.
Again. It is far less than staffing plans require. Greater than zero hires is technically not completely frozen, but misses the point entirely.

!Retired!

How do you have weeks when NOBODY is off?
You took that so literally. I didn't literally mean nobody. In months like January and February, you might have weeks where there's only 2-3 people off.
What does 20 years have to do with transferring? Depending on when they arrive at a station depends on their vacation bidding. If next years vacation has already been bid, they get the leftovers. I thought most people that transfer get their seniority frozen for a set amount of months. People that have transfered into my station have told me they had to bid last the first year, then moved into the process wherever their seniority put them after that. Not sure if that is our station's rule or company wide.
If you're transferring to a station after vacation bidding, they CAN allow you to keep the weeks you already bid, even if it's full. Though, they don't HAVE to.

dezguy

New one on me. What does that mean?
You receive points, each week based on your employment status. I don't remember the exact way it works (doesn't really affect me anymore) but FT employees receive something like 1 point per week, while PT receive half a point.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Again. It is far less than staffing plans require. Greater than zero hires is technically not completely frozen, but misses the point entirely.

Your point appears to be that they are dragging their feet to fill positions off the street. I get that. They do that every year in Q4. They aren't doing anything differently now than they do any time as the FY comes to an end.

Meat

In 2016 Fred Smih's compensation increased from $14-million to $16-million according to some business publication I saw.

It's almost as if the rich are getting richer! Luckily we have a populist president who is assiduously pursuing policies that will uplift the middle-class - you know, like repealing the estate tax. I bet Van's heirs will be grateful once that's done!

!Retired!

In 2016 Fred Smih's compensation increased from $14-million to $16-million according to some business publication I saw.
$1.3M is his base salary, $7.3M was in bonuses.....the rest ($7.5M) is what his stock options are worth, if he sold them.
Compared to other CEO's that is a pretty small salary.
Dara Khosrowshahi, Expedia CEO made $94.6M in 2016, an 881% raise from 2015, yet the stock only saw a $5.04 rise Jan-Jan 2016. THAT'S how you screw the company you work for.

Oldfart

$1.3M is his base salary, $7.3M was in bonuses.....the rest ($7.5M) is what his stock options are worth, if he sold them.

Dara Khosrowshahi, Expedia CEO made $94.6M in 2016, an 881% raise from 2015, yet the stock only saw a $5.04 rise Jan-Jan 2016. THAT'S how you screw the company you work for.
Yep. Not sure invented the stock option idea but it is almost legal theft. My wife had a bunch several times over the years. Mercy, you make a call. Buy stock and then the same day you sell the stock for 25, 50, 75% more than you bought it for and get a check for the difference. You never have to pay for the stock but you sell it and keep the profit. Gotta love free enterprise.