SFA Meeting Aftermath

Serf

JCATS is closed down and will migrate to a new hiring system. Notices are posted in JCATS that will explain the change.
Heard were a about a year overdue for a new powerpad system also. Could be cool carrying something the size of an iPhone. However, we have employees now with years of service who still do not completely understand how to use them. I'd envision new, smaller power pad platforms being crushed, lost, and or dropped in the toilet by accident.

Star B

White Lightening
I haven't seen the phone-pads in quite some time... from what I heard they were for low volume international station use.

vantexan

Heard were a about a year overdue for a new powerpad system also. Could be cool carrying something the size of an iPhone. However, we have employees now with years of service who still do not completely understand how to use them. I'd envision new, smaller power pad platforms being crushed, lost, and or dropped in the toilet by accident.
Latest I heard is that FedEx will be hiring 12 yr olds to assist the old timers with the new power pads. The anachronism will be Y.O.U.N.G. which means You Oughtta Understand Newness Geezer.

Serf

Latest I heard is that FedEx will be hiring 12 yr olds to assist the old timers with the new power pads. The anachronism will be Y.O.U.N.G. which means You Oughtta Understand Newness Geezer.
You know it is pretty amazing. I see kids no older than 5th grade walking down the street with iPhone's in hand. Big pink or blue cases. Just getting out of school. Tech in a double edge sword.

Purplepackage

How can you not understand the current power pad lol you want to deliver something hit the "delivery" button. You want to pup something hit the "pick up" button and find the pick up you're at

dezguy

How can you not understand the current power pad lol you want to deliver something hit the "delivery" button. You want to pup something hit the "pick up" button and find the pick up you're at
Don't forget time card when you... you know, want to key in time codes.

Mind bending stuff, I tell you.

Serf

I hear you. And yet sadly we have folks with years of service that still do not get it.

dezguy

And sadly, if anyone with less than 10yrs service picked up a tracker, they'd be just as lost...
Is it sad I miss the trackers? So much lighter and I thought they were actually more reliable when it came to scanning. Seems, more and more, I have to sit there forever, with the powerpad beeping at me, to get a label scanned.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is it sad I miss the trackers? So much lighter and I thought they were actually more reliable when it came to scanning. Seems, more and more, I have to sit there forever, with the powerpad beeping at me, to get a label scanned.

Our DIADs allow us to enter any 4 consecutive digits of the tracking number (usually the last 4) to avoid having having to type in all 18 characters.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Not to mention waiting forever for your printer to wake up in order to print anything!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That was part of it. We were behind UPS in that regard and real time tracking was the other.
Tracking period. Crappy DADS units and couriers who failed to shoe them condemned the super-tracker to the ancient history books. As far as speed goes, they were superior in nearly every aspect, because their function was simpler. They were also much easier on the body because of their light weight. Ah, the good old days!