So...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
not gonna lie, UPS is the best job to get . If you have zero education and no goals , UPS is the place to be. Free health benefits for your entire family, pension, job security , education assistance, no work on weekends, mad vacation days , lots of over time........

Thought you quit?

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Alright look you guys are right. If someone has no goals and no education other than high school than ups is great. Start young retire early and comfortable. I get it and respect the hard work.

However, FOR ME, I tried driving and obviously I failed for whatever reason whether it be I wasn't good enough, didn't have the potential, or didn't want to put up with the mind games. I have decided that I want to do more than logistics whether it's delivering packages or loading trucks.

If I was still set on not going back to school, then yes I completely agree, ups is a great career choice. I want to do something other than physical labor for a living. Call me whatever you want but ill admit I don't think my body can handle it later down the road.

It doesn't mean I don't respect all of you, the job just isn't for me and I've come to terms with it.

Alright look you guys are right. If someone has no goals and no education other than high school than ups is great. Start young retire early and comfortable. I get it and respect the hard work.

However, FOR ME, I tried driving and obviously I failed for whatever reason whether it be I wasn't good enough, didn't have the potential, or didn't want to put up with the mind games. I have decided that I want to do more than logistics whether it's delivering packages or loading trucks.

If I was still set on not going back to school, then yes I completely agree, ups is a great career choice. I want to do something other than physical labor for a living. Call me whatever you want but ill admit I don't think my body can handle it later down the road.

It doesn't mean I don't respect all of you, the job just isn't for me and I've come to terms with it.
Sometimes you just gotta dig in . Keep your eye on the prize

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Ups tries to act like they're always trying to get rid of you. The always act like they can walk you out for any reason.

There's no fear or intimidation at amazon. You have attendance points that determine how much you can call in sick or take time off. If you run below zero youre terminated. It's crystal clear.
They only try to intimidate you when you aren't worth it, or a dbag. I'm guessing you are both. Not stereotyping, but you know you are a dbag diva sissy boy.

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
BC2E4BA6-4FF7-48F8-8686-A2D64B608416.png
Come on man can't you just say I'm buff ONE time? :lol:
Come on man can't you just say I'm buff ONE time? :lol:

SolidWoodPanel

If earn & learn is available for your area, why don't you take it. I know you have your issues with the personnel at your hub, but you can go to another area. UPS is global. And they do like to promote from within. Our center manager makes like 130K, more than any driver, except 2-3 that have been lifers. Sure, the hours are long, but the work is easy. There's headaches and stressors, but you get to fire people. I also work in real estate, and without UPS, I'd be paying over 10k a year in health insurance. To me, It's just a nice workout, a reason to cuss and yell C%nt at work. As stressful as it can be, its also a great stress reliever, especially on days that aren't bad which is usually anything under 725 pieces in 3 hours for me. You need to make your money work for you and not you work for your money.

SolidWoodPanel

I can be, but if I like someone I'm generally very good to them.

I usually save my d bag mouth and actions for other d bags.
I can be too. I usually don't take dung from nobody because I've been through a lot of friend'cked up :censored2: in my life. Some of my doing, most was not. All you got to be at this job is reliable and they shouldn't give you a lick of :censored2:. I have one of six sups at my place that is a hack and a deekwad and thinks he's the lamp's genie. Younger guy. Well, it's pretty much the job, the only job he's had since HS. And this is a small town, small population county wide, and he's overly proud about being all-county this and that as a hs athlete. We've had some words, and it never got escalated, but I humbled him, and put him in his place. Not in front of everyone, but just man to man. I told him to fire me, tell the other sups that he was firing me, because he didn't like me. Mind you, he works upstairs in primary unload, so he's got nothin to do with me or my performance. Well, he hasn't been anything but cool since.
There's people at UPS or a lot of other places that go out their way to be a prick. Don't take it personally. Just outperform the average. That'll give you leverage.

Lifting is not physical? You can go driving again. If driving is too physical for you, lifting may kill you.