steel tariffs

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'll guess you're talking to me. The US gets 3% of its steel from China. Allowing Canada and Mexico to be exempt from the tariffs allows them to import Chinese steel and then move it to the US. Who's winning with this plan?
China ships steel through otber countries

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
And if any sane person thinks brewers and soft drink makers are only going to raise the price of a six-pack by a penny and a half, or any auto manufacturer is only going to raise the price of a vehicle by $40, I have some prime, coastal real estate in Arizona for sale cheap.
Don't worry you'll still be able to afford beer. :teethy:

Future

Victory Ride
While a few thousand gain employment, hundreds of thousands will lose jobs.
C18C6DE8-2F8B-499A-9BB3-65B79D4D07F1.gif

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Imposing new taxes and giving a murderous dictator the legitimacy he craves! It's certainly huge.
Also, I'm sorry that you're truly blinded by your tribal politics not to give credit on something, Obama, Bushes and Clinton could not do, and basically ignored.
And I didn't even vote for Trump.
To Peace

It will be fine

Also, I'm sorry that you're truly blinded by your tribal politics not to give credit on something, Obama, Bushes and Clinton could not do, and basically ignored.
And I didn't even vote for Trump.
To Peace
The North Koreans have wanted a one on one with the US president since Clinton. There's a reason it wasn't granted.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Anyone take basic micro + macro
macro: steel tariff will lead to an insurmountably small decrease in trade performance.
micro: steel tariff benefits american steel companies
fake (but potentially true) philosophy: steel workers will benefit

Most of the wall street drop is about future policy speculation, rather than this policy specifically. This is the theme of trump's presidency, the US is just as terrible as it was the past 3 presidencies but his complete failure to hold onto indirect control levers in diplomacy flesh these themes out.

It will be fine

I don’t know you from a can of paint ... but do u really believe that?
Which part? Tariffs are taxes on consumers. Kim is a murderous dictator. Granting him an audience with the president of the United States elevates him to a status of equal that is undeserved. What part do you disagree with?

Future

Victory Ride
Which part? Tariffs are taxes on consumers. Kim is a murderous dictator. Granting him an audience with the president of the United States elevates him to a status of equal that is undeserved. What part do you disagree with?
I will get back 2 you .... playing candy land board game w fam

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Donald Trump to meet Kim Jong-un by May after invitation from North Korea
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...eting-may-letter-invite-talks-nuclear-weapons
Bill Clinton came close to agreeing to a meeting with Kim’s father, Kim Jong-il, in 2000, but arrangements had not been made by the time he left office in January 2001.

Yawn, again your tribalism discredits you. Just for a moment, let you personal hatred for your current leader subside so you may think more clearly.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...eting-may-letter-invite-talks-nuclear-weapons

moreluck

golden ticket member

It will be fine

Donald Trump to meet Kim Jong-un by May after invitation from North Korea
Bill Clinton came close to agreeing to a meeting with Kim’s father, Kim Jong-il, in 2000, but arrangements had not been made by the time he left office in January 2001.

Yawn, again your tribalism discredits you. Just for a moment, let you personal hatred for your current leader subside so you may think more clearly.
Why did you leave off this sentence?

Pyongyang has long sought a summit with the US to reflect what the regime sees as its status as a regional military power.